Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 07:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They just REALLY want those unknown chemicals in your body.
Do you know what 1% of 330 million equals?

Old 05-08-2021, 07:29 PM

16 posts, read 5,722 times
We will probably end up with herd immunity in blue areas of the country and a lack thereof in red states. This might translate to higher mortality in these red states when winter rolls around. Unfortunate.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:10 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,345 times
Quote:
Just about sums it up.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:51 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Jolla View Post
We will probably end up with herd immunity in blue areas of the country and a lack thereof in red states. This might translate to higher mortality in these red states when winter rolls around. Unfortunate.
Or you'll end up with the vaccinated people having a cytokine storm, organ failure from the body attacking the spike protein now in every cell in your body, and dying from it once exposed to the virus again.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:39 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
A GMO-human being can't...........
The vaccines do not create "GMO-humans".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
It is not really out of trial though. The vaccines we are using in the USA have received emergency approval only. They have NOT been fully tested and they have not been fully FDA approved at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
And some of us are holding off getting these experimental vaccines until they do have that full FDA approval. I am one of them. When it receives full FDA approval, I will get it. I will NOT get it before then however.
The data on millions of vaccinated people confirm the safety and efficacy determined in the trials. Pfizer has applied for full licensure and likely will have it in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
[/b]

A friend got GB after her flu vaccine. Was in the hospital for 10 days.
You are 17 times more likely to get GBS from influenza infection than from the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Because some of us had covid and have antibodies proven to work better than the vaccine.

And some of us don't trust vaccine manufacturers that have been sued and lost for fraud/lying about safety. And that the organizations pushing these shots has a huge profit motive.

There are no long term safety studies for these shots.

The shots don't prevent you getting and transmitting covid. Just lessens severity. Look at the thousands of breakthrough cases. And many are unreported due to mild symptoms.
Antibodies due to infection are not superior to those from vaccination.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/marty-makary/92434

"... the question was, do you think natural immunity or vaccinated immunity is stronger, and which one's more durable, two different domains."

Response:

"The counter view is that the virus may encode immune antagonists that could alter the immune response in some way that's not as good as, say, a vaccine. So it really depends. And we don't know enough yet. So I think if people are making a blanket statement that natural infection is always better, that's not always correct. It really depends on the virus."

The vaccine should be evaluated on its merits, not the legal history of the company that makes it. Otherwise you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The safety is being confirmed by the low rate of adverse reactions after millions of doses administered. "Long term effects" is really not a good term to use. "Rare reactions" would be better because they do not take decades to show up once millions have been vaccinated.

Yes, the vaccines prevent infection and transmission. Evidence is mounting.

//www.city-data.com/forum/61000969-post51.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
and uh ... you can still get the virus after being vaccinated
But you are 90+ % less likely to get infected if you are vaccinated.

Quote:
The ingredients in the vaccines are not unknown. They are publicly available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Or you'll end up with the vaccinated people having a cytokine storm, organ failure from the body attacking the spike protein now in every cell in your body, and dying from it once exposed to the virus again.
The vaccines do not create "spike protein now in every cell in your body".

The vaccinated people who get infected are not having cytokine storm. They are close to 100% protected against dying.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:49 AM

462 posts, read 207,805 times
Poll: Majority of Those Who Say They Will Not Get Vaccinated Will Not Change Their Mind

So what? A guy who doesn't get vaccinated, is only endangering himself. That's his right if he wants to not get the shot. What problem is it of mine, or yours?

If I'm vaccinated, and I run into him, he can't give me the virus, and I can't give it to him. What's the problem?

If two unvaxed people run into each other, yes, they can swap viruses. But both volunteered for that risk. And again, they aren't endangering anyone except themselves, and others who volunteered to go unvaxed.

The gummint can run all the announcements they want saying it's a good idea to get vaxed. But why should government have the power to FORCE people who don't want to, to get the shot?

Govt's power shouldn't be, to protect people from themselves. It's only to protect people against OTHERS who might do them harm. And if I an vaxed, none of the unvaxed can do me harm.

Get out of our faces, govt. Go back to protecting our borders, or prosecuting people who cyberattack major pipelines etc.

As for getting vaccinated,... we've got this.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:22 AM

16 posts, read 5,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Poll: Majority of Those Who Say They Will Not Get Vaccinated Will Not Change Their Mind

So what? A guy who doesn't get vaccinated, is only endangering himself. That's his right if he wants to not get the shot. What problem is it of mine, or yours?

If I'm vaccinated, and I run into him, he can't give me the virus, and I can't give it to him. What's the problem?

If two unvaxed people run into each other, yes, they can swap viruses. But both volunteered for that risk. And again, they aren't endangering anyone except themselves, and others who volunteered to go unvaxed.

The gummint can run all the announcements they want saying it's a good idea to get vaxed. But why should government have the power to FORCE people who don't want to, to get the shot?

Govt's power shouldn't be, to protect people from themselves. It's only to protect people against OTHERS who might do them harm. And if I an vaxed, none of the unvaxed can do me harm.

Get out of our faces, govt. Go back to protecting our borders, or prosecuting people who cyberattack major pipelines etc.

As for getting vaccinated,... we've got this.
The vaccine doesn't work 100% of the time. It tends to be less likely to work for older people who are also incidentally at higher risk if infected. So an elderly vaccinated person may still get infected by an unvaccinated person. This exact scenario happened in a nursing home recently

Old 05-09-2021, 03:54 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La-Jolla View Post
The vaccine doesn't work 100% of the time. It tends to be less likely to work for older people who are also incidentally at higher risk if infected. So an elderly vaccinated person may still get infected by an unvaccinated person. This exact scenario happened in a nursing home recently
As far as I've heard, none of them died...which is a far different scenario than occurred at the beginning of this epidemic.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:00 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The government and government-sponsored medical experts have only themselves to blame.

If they had not LIED, there would not be the level of suspicion/paranoia.
Certainly if they had not been as inconsistent as they were and didn't keep moving the goal posts. It really gives one a lack of confidence in what they're doing. It very much is like the boy that cried wolf. At some point, people simply stop believing you. Honesty is truly the best policy.

Old 05-09-2021, 04:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I have no plans to get the shot. Why? I've already had Covid. Why would I vaccinated for a disease I have already had. It's still an experimental drug that has received FDA approval as safe and effective.

And on top of all that, it apparently doesn't work. The cdc still recommends masks and social distancing even after you have the vacine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies