Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 05:07 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

Nope, no thanks, no way, never gonna happen!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ge-their-mind/

Old 05-08-2021, 07:52 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Again, why are they pushing so hard to shame people into getting a vaccine for a virus that has a GD survival rate of 99% without it? WHY?

Old 05-08-2021, 07:57 AM

424 posts, read 175,796 times
Meh, people who have made decisions often say they won't change their minds. Most people taking marriage vows don't intend to get a divorce later, but we know half do. Many people say they don't want children and then decide to have them after all. People change their college majors all the time. They also cancel hotel reservations and decide to change their diets and sell their dream homes to move into a different house.

It doesn't really matter what anyone says they'll do or not do.

If there's a much more deadly variant or a variant that begins killing children, many of those steadfast vaccine deniers will change their minds in a jiffy. If it all fizzles out in the next six months or so or the new variants become less serious and aren't causing long-term problems, then they won't need to change their minds. Just need to see what happens, and the proof will be in the pudding.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Meh, people who have made decisions often say they won't change their minds. Most people taking marriage vows don't intend to get a divorce later, but we know half do. Many people say they don't want children and then decide to have them after all. People change their college majors all the time. They also cancel hotel reservations and decide to change their diets and sell their dream homes to move into a different house.

It doesn't really matter what anyone says they'll do or not do.

If there's a much more deadly variant or a variant that begins killing children, many of those steadfast vaccine deniers will change their minds in a jiffy. If it all fizzles out in the next six months or so or the new variants become less serious and aren't causing long-term problems, then they won't need to change their minds. Just need to see what happens, and the proof will be in the pudding.
And maybe the people in the Wuhan lab who were working on this current bug have a 2.0 version for us that is as bad as what you are imagining.

What could be more evil than people rooting for something like that to happen.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:04 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
This is unfortunate. If enough people get vaccinated, we could get life back to normal very quickly. Given the dangers posed by this virus, choosing not to get vaccinated is hard to understand. I talk to people in India daily. All they want right now is help getting vaccines. The anti vaccine crowd in the US should worry us all

Old 05-08-2021, 08:09 AM

I don't know that anyone is rooting for a terrible variant. The fact is that try as we might, we do not control viruses. All we can do is try to mitigate their harm. There have been pandemics throughout history; what's unique about this one is that there is widespread internet-based misinformation floating around everywhere. Before this, people would get information from their own doctors and their family members, not from some lunatic conspiracy theorists with YouTube channels.

We just need to see what happens.

I just posted this on another thread, but it's more relevant to this one: My sister just told me that her husband, who wasn't going to get a vaccine because he's pretty sure it's a plot to depopulate the world, was informed by his boss that everyone needs to get vaxed to keep their jobs. He works on computer systems in large corporations, and one of them has made it mandatory and has said that contractors also need to be vaccinated. So they both made appointments for the J&J shot this afternoon. I'm glad they'll be protected, though I do wish that it wasn't due to an ultimatum.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:12 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Excerpt: The overwhelming majority, 79 percent, said “no,” indicating they are firm in their decision.

Response: Opinion

Two thirds of the Country did not receive the shot. Of those 79% convinced they will not

get the shot.
Here is the dilemma Joe.American Freedom is in jeopardy.

There is bound to be problems if 174 million Americans are threatened

with loss of education,loss of job,loss of travel etc...for not complying

with vaccination.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:12 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
I don't know that anyone is rooting for a terrible variant. The fact is that try as we might, we do not control viruses. All we can do is try to mitigate their harm. There have been pandemics throughout history; what's unique about this one is that there is widespread internet-based misinformation floating around everywhere. Before this, people would get information from their own doctors and their family members, not from some lunatic conspiracy theorists with YouTube channels.

We just need to see what happens.

I just posted this on another thread, but it's more relevant to this one: My sister just told me that her husband, who wasn't going to get a vaccine because he's pretty sure it's a plot to depopulate the world, was informed by his boss that everyone needs to get vaxed to keep their jobs. He works on computer systems in large corporations, and one of them has made it mandatory and has said that contractors also need to be vaccinated. So they both made appointments for the J&J shot this afternoon. I'm glad they'll be protected, though I do wish that it wasn't due to an ultimatum.
You're glad they are being forced to participate in an experimental therapy?
FWIW you have no idea that they are protected or that the "protection" doesnt come with its own harm.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You're glad they are being forced to participate in an experimental therapy?
FWIW you have no idea that they are protected or that the "protection" doesnt come with its own harm.
Well, my BIL received the ultimatum, not my sister. She was just kind of not in a rush to get her vax. Like I said, I do wish it hadn't come to an ultimatum. But in the end, he's not being forced. He has excellent qualifications and could get a job elsewhere, I'm sure. It must not be worth the hassle to him.

It's not experimental, though. That's the term used when the vaccines are still in the trial period. We are out of the trials now.

I know that getting covid can come with potentially a LOT of harm, so yes, if they get a fever or sore joints or a headache from the vaccine, I'll be glad that it was that and not myocarditis, permanent lung damage, and the other "side effects" from covid.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:25 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
The government and government-sponsored medical experts have only themselves to blame.

If they had not LIED, there would not be the level of suspicion/paranoia.

Last edited by katharsis; 05-08-2021 at 09:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies