Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 09:06 AM

9,446 posts, read 10,738,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Not enough of an uproar from the black community being insulted from the left. I have never meet a soul with no ID.
Neither have I. Anyone who wants an Id can get one (as long as they are legal). Liberals suggesting that blacks don’t know how to get an Id are IMO the very epitome of insulting racists. If someone suggested I was too ignorant to understand how to go to the clerks office and fill out basic paperwork and that I required help doing it I would be pretty mad.

Anyone without an Id has chosen to not have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 09:09 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I'm a republican and I'll help a couple of folks get ids, provided they are legal citizens.

See, I believe in compromise and cooperation and working through problems, not hand wringing and giving up. Apparently I'm in the minority.

We put a dozen men on the moon using computers less powerful than my wristwatch, surely we can run an election fairly and honestly.

And despite the fantasies of the Big Lie crowd, we continue to do so.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Neither have I. Anyone who wants an Id can get one (as long as they are legal). Liberals suggesting that blacks don’t know how to get an Id are IMO the very epitome of insulting racists. If someone suggested I was too ignorant to understand how to go to the clerks office and fill out basic paperwork and that I required help doing it I would be pretty mad.

Anyone without an Id has chosen to not have one.
NO ONE is suggesting that blacks dont know how to get an ID...the issue is whether ANYONE SHOULD HAVE TO.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:15 AM

24,296 posts, read 17,023,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Nor are they as impoverished or unstable as depicted by the liars in the mass media. The biggest victory for the mainstream civil rights movement was the opening up of the roles and positions leading to true advancement -- back in the late Sixties. Painful as it was, the unrest of that day did open a lot of eyes to what had to be reformed.

I agree. For every idiot that is fighting and resisting arrest, looting, rioting and otherwise conducting themselves in ways that reinforce the negative stereotypes associated with their race there are 10 that are good citizens that are working along for themselves and family. The media ignores one while highlighting the misdeeds of the other. Why do they do this? Are they trying to divide the races and make it so white people fear black people? That is such backward thinking.

Of course Obama had the greatest chance to lift "his" people by example. It was amazing what he accomplished by proving just how far an intelligent well spoken black man could go in what the Democrats are now telling us is a terribly racist country. Sadly Obama and the Democrats let so many people down. Instead of lifting them up they allowed them to stay as the perpetual victims of white oppression. What nonsense but it keeps people under control and voting the way they want them to.

Trump and his MAGA was for everyone citizen and LEGAL immigrant and it was lifting so many but the Democrats had to demonize him to destroy him. Oh well.

Our eyes were opened in the late 60's but it seems that the Democrats would have black people close their eyes to all the progress that has been made and instead create the new oppressive white bogey man to battle.

Requiring Voter ID is so basic but the Democrat created bogey man makes it racist.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:22 AM

5,965 posts, read 3,226,634 times
Because that’s not the end game. The goal is to use it as an excuse so they can continue to rig elections like they did in 2020 in predominantly black counties.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:30 AM

23,394 posts, read 17,067,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Your Google machine must be on the fritz then.

Not all of them are necessary liberal either. The Salvation Army is Christian-based.
The situation is crystal clear, the left dominates rigged elections and election fraud as evidenced by rigging their won primaries. Supressed conservative vote in 2012, 'it was a rogue IRS office in Cincinnati. Ask Bernie about 2016. Waht does DWS have to say? Donna Brazil? 2012 the political narrative was protected by the media when obama said, FT Hood was workplace violence, ISIS was the JV team and "the world is a more peaceful place due to O's NE policies"

sure other groups are involved in helping the poor but cannot be lumped into the fraud perpetrated by the left.

Salvation Army....same excuse that in 2012 liberal orgs were given the same treatment a s conserve grps. One liberal grp and a dozen con grps does not equate to all being treated equally.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Well, the main issue here is, the Govt CANNOT require someone to purchase something, in order to exercise one of their rights.

If thats the way our founders intended it, thats the way it should be.

Govt violates our rights in so many other ways today, we have to draw a line somewhere.

Old 05-08-2021, 09:37 AM

18,311 posts, read 8,118,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You card people you meet?

Also, congrats on never stepping inside the ghetto in your life.
...and we all know no one in the ghetto sends their kids to school, gets medicare/aid, welfare, food stamps, drives a car, unemployment, cashes their checks, buys anything, rents, social security, or even leaves their house

"You cannot take any people, of any color, and exempt them from the requirements of civilization — including work, behavioral standards, personal responsibility, and all the other basic things that the clever intelligentsia disdain — without ruinous consequences to them and to society at large."

Thomas Sowell

Old 05-08-2021, 10:04 AM

23,789 posts, read 14,918,062 times
If all the effort, time and money spent bitching about IDs had been focused on getting people IDs this conversation wouldn't be necessary.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:13 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,900,683 times
What problem is this trying to solve? What evidence do we have that non-US citizens are voting in US elections?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies