Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 08:12 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They blocked travel from Wuhan to the rest of China while allowing people to go anywhere else, knowing they were seeding the world with the virus.

Want to say that again?

I'm not saying it was intentional, but to dismiss the possibility is extremely naïve.
no, for the umpteenth time, they did not.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/tr...el-conspiracy/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 08:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Donald Trump when asked if he trusted the Chicoms, January 2020 "I do, I do" Peace in our times lol

Old 05-11-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not usually big on conspiracy theories but what you said makes sense. Also interesting that countries like Japan are in no hurry to vaccinate their people. Why? Neither is China.
lmao. the super spreader events where millions gathered had nothing to do with it right?

another person said that chinese already vaccinated all their citizens pre-covid and now you're saying they're in no rush.
let's be more united on our preconceived notions about chinam, please.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Early on, OAN did a special report on the origin of SARS CoV-19. It concluded it was created in an NIAID lab in North Carolina, according to a citizen researcher with Twitter account. It was released in Wuhan, where the Chinese SARS lab is located to create the perception, it was created in China.
interesting that OAN, a far right win org, would publish something like that.
gotta link?

Old 05-11-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It went down to 9100 cases in Feb 2021, from 100,000 in Sep 2020. No vaccines.

Then up to 400,000+ cases today.

If what you said is correct, why would it decrease to 9100 under those same conditions?
google "exponential growth". that might help you understand.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
interesting that OAN, a far right win org, would publish something like that.
gotta link?
LOL. North Carolina, NIAID, WIV are included but not in those ways.

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-...-box-at-wuhan/

Old 05-11-2021, 09:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
no, for the umpteenth time, they did not.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/tr...el-conspiracy/
China knew they had a novel coronavirus on 12/30/2019. The world is celebrating the New Year and China is covering up whatever it knew about the virus and where it came from. Jan. 1st The Party went on TV and called the doctors that leaked the info rumor mongers. They blocked search terms with SARS and Wuhan in it. They were lying to WHO. Censorship orders were sent out specifically talking about this coronavirus. Then they carried out 12 days of annual political meetings in Wuhan starting Jan. 6th. Jan. 8th the WSJ is about to publish that China is dealing with a new coronavirus besting the WHO at getting info out of China. China puts a WHO puppet on air to parrot out Chinese talking points. Jan. 13th the genetic code is released to the public. Then China obfuscates the cases it does have...

China remembered how much SARS cost them in 2003 with travel and trade restrictions.

China was obliged by international health regulations to report a novel virus outbreak within 24 hours of confirmation.

18:00 - all the way to the shocking scene of the crash...
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...covid-secrets/

That's if we are to believe PBS Frontline...

Quote:
Updated Jan. 24, 2020 1:55 am ET

On Sunday, more than 10,000 families gathered in Wuhan for a banquet, sharing dishes including spicy duck necks and braised prawns, in a tradition the government had held for years to mark the Lunar New Year.

Days later, Beijing made the unprecedented decision to lock down the city of 11 million people, shutting public transportation, movie theaters, internet cafes and other cultural centers, in an effort to contain the spread of a virus that has killed at least 18 people.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-c...ak-11579825832

Last edited by BigJon3475; 05-11-2021 at 09:25 PM..

Old 05-12-2021, 02:06 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm skeptical. You need to look at it from an electoral college perspective. It is likely that Biden would have won in the key states that Trump just barely took in 2016: Pennsylvannia, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Those 46 electoral votes were sufficient to win it all in a close election. The fact that he also won Arizona and Georgia is pure gravy train.
I doubt Biden would have won those states without massive mail-in voting.

I felt in my gut Trump would win in 2016 but lose in 2020 - not due to his handling of Covid19, but mail-in voting.

He beat HRC in 2016, despite these states being mildly in favor of her, due to him generating more enthusiasm and hence voter turnout. Biden garners less enthusiasm than HRC but with mail in voting you don't need much enthusiasm to vote. I remember on my Instagram, seeing a banner asking if I was registered to vote, and if not here is how.

There was a huge push by social media to get as many young people to vote. These young people are typically apolitical but also lean Democrat. If they have to stand in line to vote, they probably won't do it. But if you send them a mail in ballot, they'll fill it out and send it back.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:00 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'll say this the Chinese now know all they have to do is send a few sick people over and let the Trumpie, maskless morons, spread death and destruction wherever they go.
Here's an MSN survey for you. Note how close the numbers are for each party on who wears masks. Stop with the childish name calling. Talk to the 11% of Democrats who answered no to mask wearing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...ws/ar-BB14qXeN

"Eighty-nine percent of Democrats and 81% of Republicans say they have worn a mask in public, according to the survey"

Old 05-12-2021, 03:18 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Here's an MSN survey for you. Note how close the numbers are for each party on who wears masks. Stop with the childish name calling. Talk to the 11% of Democrats who answered no to mask wearing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...ws/ar-BB14qXeN

"Eighty-nine percent of Democrats and 81% of Republicans say they have worn a mask in public, according to the survey"
Most of those Democrats are Black funny enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies