Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 04:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

PIPELINE CYBERSECURITY RESOURCES LIBRARY

Quote:
Securing the Nation’s pipeline ecosystem from cybersecurity threats depends on a unified effort. CISA’s National Risk Management Center (NRMC) has compiled this library to provide pipeline facilities, companies, and stakeholders with a set of free, voluntary resources to strengthen their cybersecurity posture.

While these resources are available to stakeholders in every critical infrastructure sector, this library is especially useful for:

Oil and Natural Gas (ONG) Energy Subsector
Water and Wastewater Sector
Chemical Sector
Other sectors/industries that provide support for or rely on pipeline systems
https://www.cisa.gov/pipeline-cybersecurity-library

Old 05-12-2021, 04:13 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Default Remember, don't fill plastic bags with gas.

After being alive for almost 70 years and teaching for over 30 of them I thought I had finally exhausted any surprise at stupid. I was wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/money/plastic-...202943869.html

Old 05-12-2021, 04:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Scary thought, what's stopping someone from hacking into our nukes.
Nukes, the entire triad, are stand alone and isolated, and have several differing layers including human intervention.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:33 PM

929 posts, read 303,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It may not be a shortage on a national scale, but it most certainly is a localized shortage. It doesn't matter whether it was caused by distribution issues or any other cause; it's still a shortage in certain areas.

I heard about the pipeline shutdown last Saturday. I realized that, for the moment, supply in my area would be normal. But it wouldn't last for long. Like a garden hose being shut off at the spigot, once the water that remained in the hose drained out, there would be no more. Likewise, once the supply in the gas station tanks and the oil company tanks was consumed, there would be comparatively little to replace it, until the pipeline was fixed. They said it would take at least a week, which probably means at least two weeks.

Right then and there, I went to the gas station and filled up my tank. Was I overreacting? Or was I smart enough to get in before the panicked hordes and procure a resource that was about to become scarce, while I still could?
Allowing this hacking and disruption to occur simply undermines the confidence level of the citizens in regards to the present status quo. Even though it happened to a limited area, it was not unnoticed by many in other parts of the country.

During the day today, at the COSTCO, where there is hardly ever a wait for gasoline, cars were lined up a minimum of 7 per pump. There has been no indication of shortages here in Southern New England, however, it has motivated people to fill their tanks.

Americans have been kicked around, lied to and manipulated for years. They are nervous and anxious about the present conditions, according to their behavior. We saw the panic behind it during the beginning of the pandemic. This is a direct result of that conditioning of that episode. This does not indicate a bright future for the next “ crisis” real or manufactured under this present Regime.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
this is a crisis in many areas. Florida has declared a statewide emergency. It's spreading like wildfire!

reminds me of the Carter years
They declaration of emergency is pre-emptive.

Florida's gas from this pipeline is only 3%.......there should be no shortage except for hoarding.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Fl today $2.89. Funny how there is no back up gasoline anywhere. Someone is making a killing. Follow the money. $$$$
Indeed.
It’s all just so much BS.

Anyway...

“Colonial Pipeline restarted operations Wednesday at approximately 5 p.m. ET after a ransomware attack last week forced the entire system offline on Friday evening.
“Following this restart it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal,” Colonial said in a statement. “Some markets served by Colonial Pipeline may experience, or continue to experience, intermittent service interruptions during the start-up period. Colonial will move as much gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel as is safely possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal,” the company added.“

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/colo...-few-days.html

Old 05-12-2021, 04:38 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Fl today $2.89. Funny how there is no back up gasoline anywhere. Someone is making a killing. Follow the money. $$$$
I hope you pay $10 a gallon. You voted for it. Enjoy.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Allowing this hacking and disruption to occur simply undermines the confidence level of the citizens in regards to the present status quo. Even though it happened to a limited area, it was not unnoticed by many in other parts of the country.

During the day today, at the COSTCO, where there is hardly ever a wait for gasoline, cars were lined up a minimum of 7 per pump. There has been no indication of shortages here in Southern New England, however, it has motivated people to fill their tanks.

Americans have been kicked around, lied to and manipulated for years. They are nervous and anxious about the present conditions, according to their behavior. We saw the panic behind it during the beginning of the pandemic. This is a direct result of that conditioning of that episode. This does not indicate a bright future for the next “ crisis” real or manufactured in this present Regime.
So will the govt. have to force companies to have cyber tech security personnel to prevent this from now on? Will the Republicans present a bill legislating companies to meet standards?

Is that what we are proposing.

I don't think it is a bad idea but is that what folks are asking for?

Old 05-12-2021, 04:50 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Biden got the gas flowing again!

Old 05-12-2021, 04:51 PM

929 posts, read 303,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So will the govt. have to force companies to have cyber tech security personnel to prevent this from now on? Will the Republicans present a bill legislating companies to meet standards?

Is that what we are proposing.

I don't think it is a bad idea but is that what folks are asking for?
Quite simply , the entire Ruling Class needs to get their act together and start addressing the needs of the American citizens.

I say we start with sending them all straight to bed with no supper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies