Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 05:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
HAD. What about now? You're wrong as usual.
You can only have one governor at a time lol. And no I’m not wrong, CA is not a one party autocracy. The fact Newsom is facing a recall election is more than enough evidence of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 06:49 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
So horrible

Old 05-10-2021, 07:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
It's hard to believe that the governor of the state, or the mayor of the city had much to do with this young ex boyfriend being in a rage and killing the family.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:10 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's hard to believe that the governor of the state, or the mayor of the city had much to do with this young ex boyfriend being in a rage and killing the family.
Yeah, where is Trump when you need him.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, where is Trump when you need him.
I don't think Trump or Biden, either, would be responsible for a jilted boyfriend turning on his girlfriend's family.

*shrugs*

Old 05-10-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You can only have one governor at a time lol. And no I’m not wrong, CA is not a one party autocracy. The fact Newsom is facing a recall election is more than enough evidence of that.
Not really, and here is why.

1. Recalls are really easy. That proves nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_C..._in_California

-Only takes 12% of last election voters
-Every governor since 1960 has faced this

2. CA is approx 42-11 in house reps (dem-rep) and 2-0 in senate. It's a heavily Democratic state at this point, arguably when 80% of yours reps are from one party, you're clearly not an autocracy but you definitely own and control the state to a very large extent.

But hey, when we hear story after story after story about LA police abuses....that's um Trumps fault or just the police's fault as they are some sort of self functioning entity with no oversight from the government.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think Trump or Biden, either, would be responsible for a jilted boyfriend turning on his girlfriend's family.

*shrugs*
Or a crazy guy shooting up asian salons in Atlanta? Both Pres and VP alluded to this being somehow due to Trump despite reality.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...tings-n1261491

Now you want to be reasonable, when Trump was in office and even after he left....it was his fault...somehow, which is what I'm mocking. Sorry, after 4 years of listening to Trumps BS and his oppositions BS making everything racial you don't get to back away now.

P.S. Still think the border detainment centers are "Concentration camps"? Well of course not...Trumps out of office....don't be silly.

Old 05-10-2021, 07:50 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not really, and here is why.

1. Recalls are really easy. That proves nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_C..._in_California

-Only takes 12% of last election voters
-Every governor since 1960 has faced this

2. CA is approx 42-11 in house reps (dem-rep) and 2-0 in senate. It's a heavily Democratic state at this point, arguably when 80% of yours reps are from one party, you're clearly not an autocracy but you definitely own and control the state to a very large extent.

But hey, when we hear story after story after story about LA police abuses....that's um Trumps fault or just the police's fault as they are some sort of self functioning entity with no oversight from the government.
As to your first point, I disagree that it doesn't prove anything. The fact recalls are easy in CA is more evidence of my point in response to the other poster, that CA is not a one party autocracy. There are no electoral structures for buyer's remorse in autocracies.

As to your second point, yes a majority of political representatives in CA are Ds, because a majority of citizens are Ds. That's not an indication of autocracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies