Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 08:51 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,668,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I remember a time when people didn’t discuss their personal medical conditions with other people. There were even HIPAA laws to protect people from having their medical information revealed.

Now, it seems like the people who have submitted to taking the shot all want to run around and ask other people if they also have taken the shot. Very strange.

Im war gaming some responses to that question.....my wife says don’t be mean. Huh?

1. Why would you want to know that about me?

2. No. I don’t participate in experimental drug tests.

3. Are you kidding? Only a moron would be stupid enough to blindly take a shot that doesn’t make you immune AND you still have to mask up like a chump and stay 6 feet apart and NO ONE knows the side effects.

4. (Me) No. (them) Why not? (Me) why?

5. Really? You took the shot and you want to make yourself feel like you made a good decision by asking others if they are good little sheep too?
It's really a shortcut to having you take an IQ test. Your clever responses really make it even more effective.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:04 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
Frankly, it's nobody's business whether I got a covid shot or not, and it's my right to make my own decision whether I want one or not.

I've gotten phone calls from my apartment rental office, the County Health Department where I live keeps texting me to get the shot and I don't even know how they got my phone number and information, not to mention all the people who ask me outright. I'm not the only one getting harrassed and, frankly, I''m sick of it.

I called the County Health Dept asking where they got my phone number and other information from and they said, "reverse phone lookup" Imagine? So I told them I didn't know that function keeps track of everyone's cell phone number and current address. We had a nice conversation and they removed my information from their "list" (so they say) and, I blocked their phone number so we shall see how that works out.

I went to the apartment manager's office wanting to know why I keep getting phone calls asking if I had my shot yet and was told some silly story about staff needing to know if they need to go inside my apartment for any reason. They apologized and said it was my decision, and I shouldn't have received any phone calls. I'm now waiting to see if I receive a notice to vacate the apartment.

I recently went to the doctor's office and was asked, in a nice way, "I assume you've gotten vaccinated by now" and I proceeded to tell them I did not and, because of that, was repeatedly told all the horrible reasons why I should get the shot. This happens at every visit.

The harrassment I am receiving because of this shot is unbelievable! None of this happens to anyone I know that has already received the shot. Friends and family members who have gotten the shot tell me it's because everyone is being nice and worried about me. Really? Nobody cared to this degree before the covid shot. The government keeps texting you, the doctor keeps questioning you, you get calls from your apartment manger, your friends and family keep trying to make you do something you really don't want to do? Gotta wonder what's really going on here.
That really is harassment and quite patronizing. The thing with apartment management is particularly weird. They can't kick you out if your lease is still valid.

It is important for sane states to get some legislation protecting individual rights regarding this medical decision, like Florida has.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:05 AM

25,706 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Not yet. But their aim is getting better.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:10 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
No one is a "moron" if they choose the shot, or if they do not take the shot. Everyone makes their own decisions and everyone else needs to respect that.
I agree. Unfortunately your comment falls on death ears with many of the uncivil posters on this forum. I suspect they don't display the same bravado in a face-to-face situation with someone in public.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post

That said, I believe that I'm intellectually, morally, culturally, and socially superior to those individuals who are willfully, stubbornly refusing to get vaccinated.
No need to go any further

Old 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post
Well, I did just remove the adverbs in that sentence! Too wordy on my part.
Too late. Be proud, say what you mean.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:48 AM

962 posts, read 540,696 times
So I've got a vacation to Hawaii planned for Labor Day. It looks like airlines will be requiring proof of vaccination, or require passengers to jump through the COVID testing rigmarole (one test before departure, another test each time you island hop).

Given this fact, do you think vaccine hesitant people will get vaccinated, when the choice for travelling is a) get a vaccine that is literally free; or b) pay for multiple tests (round trip), stick things up your nose, wait for results, get a vacation ruined if there's a false positive.

I'm guessing most people will choose the path of least resistance.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
So I've got a vacation to Hawaii planned for Labor Day. It looks like airlines will be requiring proof of vaccination, or require passengers to jump through the COVID testing rigmarole (one test before departure, another test each time you island hop).

Given this fact, do you think vaccine hesitant people will get vaccinated, when the choice for travelling is a) get a vaccine that is literally free; or b) pay for multiple tests (round trip), stick things up your nose, wait for results, get a vacation ruined if there's a false positive.

Most people are weak and malleable at least in the west.

They will sell out their brother and themselves for their own immediate gratification.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post

I'm guessing you're wrong. I'd actually love to see airlines, entertainment venues, and the like try it. My money says they will blink first as soon as they see the hit to their pocketbooks. Time will tell.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:17 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,398,512 times
I get asked the question ALL THE TIME at the office and I hate it. I'm not anti-vax, but I'm low risk and have already had Covid so I'm in no hurry to get the vax. They are already starting to paint me as a Trumper because of it.

Soon, they are going to stop requiring the vaxxed to partake in the (painful) weekly covid tests, and it's only a matter of time until they open conference rooms to the vaxxed compared to the unvaxxed.

I'm not going to get the shot until I feel ready for it. They can fire me first. Unfortunately it will become legal to do so once the Pfizer vax gets full FDA approval, so I'm not looking forward to that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies