Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 02:12 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Pasco County, Florida.

The local sheriff's department is sending letters to those they consider likely to break the law, based on "criminal histories, social networks and other intelligence".

For their own good, of course.

Quote:
We are committed to your success," the letter says. "We are also committed to pursuing consistent, firm, and fair consequences if you continue in the criminal behavior that is not only hurtful to you, but to your family and our community."
The same sheriff got in hot water pulling school district data on absence and grades, to determine likelihood of future crime.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/pasco...inal-histories

Do I need to say that these are the sort of authority figures who keep getting re-elected in deep-red Trumpistan?

https://www.pascovotes.gov/portals/p...s/gen20all.htm

All you have to say is "tough on crime" and the US right falls into line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 06:45 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
democrats are salivating at the thought.....

China's 'social credit' system ranks citizens and punishes them with throttled internet speeds and flight bans if the Communist Party deems them untrustworthy

The Chinese Communist Party has been constructing a moral ranking system for years that will monitor the behavior of its enormous population - and rank them all based on their "social credit."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-so...123042422.html
Are you feeling picked on?

I'm not.

I can even envision how a social credit ranking system can work in the United States.

I'm not salivating at the thought of controlling anyone or anything but my dog. I know quite a few Democrats, and not one of them wants to control someone else.

Americans are far too independent to blindly obey anyone for very long. The Chinese have 4,000 years of obedience to their Emperors. Obedience is their natural state, but it is not ours. It hasn't ever been ours.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:58 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
democrats are salivating at the thought.....

China's 'social credit' system ranks citizens and punishes them with throttled internet speeds and flight bans if the Communist Party deems them untrustworthy

The Chinese Communist Party has been constructing a moral ranking system for years that will monitor the behavior of its enormous population - and rank them all based on their "social credit."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-so...123042422.html
They would love this ! A perfect solution to slam that boot across the necks of anyone that dares think differently then them, or questions anything.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
They would love this ! A perfect solution to slam that boot across the necks of anyone that dares think differently then them, or questions anything.
Don't even begin to pretend conservatives wouldn't back it - they're doing it. See two posts above.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:27 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Don't even begin to pretend conservatives wouldn't back it - they're doing it. See two posts above.
Right.....exactly same thing...

Old 08-04-2021, 08:36 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
They put this bulllz****e in and you'll see middled aged white guys out looting and liberating Nike's shoes left and right.

Ain't never, ever, ever going to stand by and allow social credit scores to become a thing.

We'll burn this mother down before we allow that garbage to take root. I ain't the only one who's thinks this.
I cancelled my Bank of America cards when they Turned Trump supporters into the FBI.

Social credit scores have no place in the USA.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Right.....exactly same thing...
You don't see the similarities? I guess my point is made, then.

Quote:
You may wonder why you were enrolled in this program... You were selected as a result of an evaluation of your recent criminal behavior using an unbiased, evidence-based risk assessment designed to identify prolific offenders in our community. As a result of this designation, we will go to great efforts to encourage change in your life through enhanced support and increased accountability.
Tell me again that isn't exactly what you guys are claiming to be afraid of. Well, it's here.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
I cancelled my Bank of America cards when they Turned Trump supporters into the FBI.
How did they do that? "Poof, you're the FBI!"?

Old 08-04-2021, 08:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
How did they do that? "Poof, you're the FBI!"?
It was all over the news. The bank went through transactions in the DC area on January 6th and turned the details over to the FBI. Did you miss the story?

Old 08-04-2021, 08:51 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Are you unaware that the credit system has been 'ranking' people for eons? What do you think FICO (and score) is all about?

People who have high FICO scores have access to financial products and better interest rates than those whose scores are in a lower tier. Employers can (and many do for corporate positions) check a person's credit history to see what's going on there.

Sure, try to make this a political issue. But it's actually a financial, banking, and credit issue. And it's been in place for at least 70 years (when FICO started), and probably longer than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies