Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 04:14 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Mask wearing is at least in part cultural.
Yes, you're right, it's cultural. But there is a concerted effort by higher ups to change our culture so it becomes part of our culture to wear masks.

There is no reason to accept it if we don't like it.

No reason to be a sheep, and go with the flock. Eventually that will take you to the slaughterhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2021, 04:40 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
First off I do not trust Fauci at all. He has been wrong numerous times. I have never seen an expert with such a horrible track record. That being said he moves the goalposts every single day. What a narcassist.

Old 05-10-2021, 04:56 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
It used to be illegal to cover one's face in public. Maybe it still is? So when the Covid emergency is over, he is telling people to break the law?

If it is legal, I don't have a problem with people choosing to wear a mask. The problem is, these little tidbits that Fauci drops usually end up as policy somewhere. I don't want to see small children having to wear these things all day in school during flu season. Or college kids being required to wear them. Enough.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:03 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
It won't be mandatory and living in the Bay Area, the safest thing to do on BART will always be to wear a hazmat suit and that won't be seasonal.

Private companies like supermarkets could make it mandatory; "no mask, no service".

Old 05-10-2021, 05:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Yes, you're right, it's cultural. But there is a concerted effort by higher ups to change our culture so it becomes part of our culture to wear masks.

There is no reason to accept it if we don't like it.

No reason to be a sheep, and go with the flock. Eventually that will take you to the slaughterhouse.
Why are they wanting us to wear masks? They think most of us are ugly or what?

Nutso conspiracy theories should at least have a rational motive.

It's probably not a bad idea for those susceptible to serious consequences from the flu to mask up indoors in public places.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:10 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Private companies like supermarkets could make it mandatory; "no mask, no service".
Their property, they set the rules.

Before the right adopted nutso conspiracy theories they defended property rights.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,546,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
It will be optional, but wearing face masks in the winter months could help prevent the flu like we saw in 2020.
I wouldn't be surprised if (masks or not) the flu comes back when the financial incentives to classify it as covid are gone.

That being said, the only thing I really don't mind out of all of this is the masks. Asian people used to wear them on the subway but I didn't have the nerve (or a mask) but now, you better believe I will be using them for that purpose. Also on the train.

I do believe it helps a little and frankly as I have said before, it is a great nose and mouth cozy. Plus you don't have to make awkward half smiles with people.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:35 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Their property, they set the rules.

Before the right adopted nutso conspiracy theories they defended property rights.
You're leaving out the part where the state dictates the rules as a condition to operate.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:40 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
"Fauci says" should be a column in The Onion.
A person who graduated first in his class from Cornell Medical School is probably smarter than 99.9% of the people who post here. You think?

Old 05-10-2021, 05:40 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
And customer and employee can protest those rules through non-compliance, lawsuit,boycott, complaints to the management...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies