Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 01:00 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I'm not afraid of a mask, I don't like it, but still wear it when necessary. Go back to learn to school and understand the difference between 'like' and 'fear.'

As for getting a Covid vaccine? People like you disgust me so much, it has become more or a principle now. I rather give you Covid than protect you.
You can't because I'm fully vaxxed. I do bars and parties again without even thinking about that silly thing. That's the disease for science deniers to show us all how great their "natural" immunity works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 01:02 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You can't because I'm fully vaxxed. I do bars and parties again without even thinking about that silly thing. That's the disease for science deniers to show us all how great their "natural" immunity works.
there have been fully vaxxed people who got covid and died. 10,000 so far. Including that doctor who traveled to India, he was fully vaxxed for months with pfizer.

You could still get Covid.

Me? I've been going to restaurants, parties, traveling, nightclubs, etc since May 2020 when they opened again in Miami. I'm in the French riviera now. Never had 1 fear in the world. Never caught Covid too.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:04 AM

24,629 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
It will be optional, but wearing face masks in the winter months could help prevent the flu like we saw in 2020.
So wearing a mask prevents the flu but not social distancing, lockdowns, vaccines, travel bans, and quarantines?

Wow, how convenient. The moving of the goalpost never ends.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:06 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Yeah I could take comfort in make believe numbers and delusions too. I guess that is how I would cope if I was afraid of a little jab. But I'm not...

Old 05-11-2021, 01:08 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Yeah I could take comfort in make believe numbers and delusions too. I guess that is how I would cope if I was afraid of a little jab. But I'm not...
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202105/1222709.shtml

I bet, you fully vaxxed will catch Covid before me. Just saying. Your odds (if numbers are correct), are reduced by 20, but they are not 0.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:11 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that an actual shot is not what people are concerned about. It is the makeup of what's in the shot and its effect on the body. Let's at least get that correct.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:01 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
there have been fully vaxxed people who got covid and died. 10,000 so far. Including that doctor who traveled to India, he was fully vaxxed for months with pfizer.

You could still get Covid.
No there have not been 10,000 deaths of fully vaccinated people. There have not even been that many reported cases.

You could still get COVID-19 but 90+ percent of vaccinated people will be protected from the infection, most who are vaccinated who get the virus will have no symptoms, few will need to be hospitalized, and even fewer will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So wearing a mask prevents the flu but not social distancing, lockdowns, vaccines, travel bans, and quarantines?

Wow, how convenient. The moving of the goalpost never ends.
All of it has contributed to the astounding decrease in flu. Who has claimed it was only due to mask use?

Old 05-11-2021, 02:50 AM

24,629 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
All of it has contributed to the astounding decrease in flu. Who has claimed it was only due to mask use?
So we need lockdowns, quarantines, travel bans, social distancing, and masks every season for the flu?

Not going to happen. You can’t arbitrarily move the goal posts whenever you see fit.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:38 PM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So we need lockdowns, quarantines, travel bans, social distancing, and masks every season for the flu?

Not going to happen. You can’t arbitrarily move the goal posts whenever you see fit.
No, you've misunderstood. What he said was that some people may decide to wear masks when seasonal respiratory viruses are circulating. Voluntary-not mandatory!

Indeed, I've noticed that Japanese tourists to Hawaii have been doing this for years. Now that US citizens have some experience with the efficacy and experience of wearing masks it does seem quite likely this will become more commonplace among our citizens. After all, it makes perfect sense!

Old 05-11-2021, 02:41 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I am waiting for Anthony Fauci about what months is seasonal?

Is he suggesting that people double-mask for 6 months a year permanently? He said seasons which means more than one and he suggests two masks.

He said certain seasons? So does that mean two or three seasons that masks need to worn for now on.

Do I need to start wearing two masks in September already or is it okay to not wear two masks as he has reocmmended until October?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/b...demic/2591495/
He's probably talking about flu season like they do in other countries like China. Being masked sure cut down on the number of flu cases this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies