Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 04:56 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I would bet you any amount of money that more conservatives voted for Trump than voted for Biden.
Zero conservatives voted for Trump.

No actual conservative would ever vote for Trump.

Trump isn’t conservative.

Anyone who previously may have had any conservative bona fides flushed that down the toilet when they voted for Trump.

You’d have to ask someone who voted for Biden why they did and why they think anyone else would. I would never vote for Biden either, and I’m not a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Just as Democrats have evolved - so have conservatives. As a conservative Democrat - Trump most mirrored my own beliefs - bringing production back to the US, equality for everyone - not patronizing one group - no CRT.

Funny how everyone bashed him when trying to bring manufacturing back here but applaud Democrats who now look at situations we endured with Covid and say see - we should be more self reliant. I thank God so many people are thinking for themselves and refuse to believe everything their party says. Most are liberal on some issues and conservative on others and why the increase in Independents.
Not only is Trump not conservative, you should have rejected him out of hand before any policy is even considered.

Nothing is more important than character, and anyone as amoral and lacking in character as Trump is should be rejected for consideration for POTUS on that basis before any policy is considered. Not doing that is a reflection upon the person not doing that.

No one should have voted for Biden either.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:04 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Anyone who previously may have had any conservative bona fides flushed that down the toilet when they voted for Trump.

You’d have to ask someone who voted for Biden why they did and why they think anyone else would. I would never vote for Biden either, and I’m not a Democrat.
You avoided my question.

Do you think more conservatives voted for Biden? If you do, I think you are delusional.

P.S. And how did you come to such a ridiculous conclusion anyway? Did you poll every single voter? I think not.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:06 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

Of COURSE conservatives voted for Trump! The alternative was a demented man under the influence of the radical left, with a Marxist-leaning VP nipping at his heels! You think we’d prefer that??

Old 06-22-2021, 05:14 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Individualism is a key aspect of American conservatism. And no conservative should be for regulation.
Regulations are like rules in a game. We need it but not 30,000 pages.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
You avoided my question.

Do you think more conservatives voted for Biden? If you do, I think you are delusional.
No, I didn’t.

Reread your post #69 that you’re referring to.

Post #69 was a statement.

You didn’t ask a question in that post.

No question mark exists in your post #69.

You’re posing the question above in your post #73.

To answer your question from post #73, the answer is...it’s a tie.....zero to zero.

Both of them are faux.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:16 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
CONSERVATIVE

"Conservative" is a misnomer assigned to small-govt people (the large majority of Americans) a century or two ago.

It was back when government WAS pretty small. The small-govt advocates wanted it kept that way, of course. Big-govt advocates could find little to fault them, so they lied as usual about them and announced that the small-govt advocates were simply afraid of change. And so they made up the name "conservative" as an pejorative. But it didn't really fool anybody. Over the years, "conservative" came to mean small-govt advocacy, even though that's not the true meaning of the word.

LIBERAL

The term "liberal" is another misnomer, though a more stark one. It originally meant people who supported liberty. But the various liberal groups were soon infiltrated by people who wanted Big Govt - in other words, government that took more and more power for itself instead of trusting the people to handle their own affairs and take the consequences. So, comically, "liberal" came to mean people who wanted LESS liberty for the people, and more government control.

The term became so odious as normal people saw what liberals were really doing, that the liberals started searching for yet another name, such as "progressive" which didn't so obviously mean "Big Government". Still, few normal people have been fooled, And the term "progressive" has simply been warped into meaning what the liberals really do: push for Big Govt.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Of COURSE conservatives voted for Trump! The alternative was a demented man under the influence of the radical left, with a Marxist-leaning VP nipping at his heels! You think we’d prefer that??
No, it wasn’t.

You could have written someone in, voted third party, voted for everything else on the ballot except POTUS and VPOTUS, or not voted at all.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 PM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
I define it as for liberty and smaller federal government I could go on about many things, but will keep it short and sweet. I do realize many people who call themselves conservatives are not for Liberty as they should be.

Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
No, it wasn’t.

You could have written someone in, voted third party, voted for everything else on the ballot except POTUS and VPOTUS, or not voted at all.
Writing someone in or voting third party would be a waste of a vote - especially in a state that could have gone either way. It was going to be either Biden or Trump, and I chose the one further to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies