Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 05:33 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The same sources? Huh? Do I need to link you to a YouTube video showing Kevin McCarthy standing on the floor of the House denouncing Trump for refusing to immediately call off the mob? I can do so if you need it. Get with reality please.
YES, please do. You'd better review that video very, very carefully.

Point out to me ANYWHERE that McCarthy said Trump threatened more violence.

You see, during times of political convenience, ALL politicians scurry toward what is easy for public perception in the moment.

Kevin McCarthy is no different. But Kevin McCarthy NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, said what you accused him of saying.

See, you need to be accurate here. You're dealing with people who know the facts. You'll get called on it every time if you try to be hyperbolic and imprecise with your accusations.

Also, three months later, Kevin McCarthy just put the finishing touches on likely kicking out one of the few Trump haters in the party and installing a huge Trump supporter as the leader of the RNC.

This thread has really backfired on you I think. It's a massive thread fail.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Where's the fascist part? I haven't seen it.
Try looking in the mirror.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:38 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
YES, please do. You'd better review that video very, very carefully.

Point out to me ANYWHERE that McCarthy said Trump threatened more violence.

You see, during times of political convenience, ALL politicians scurry toward what is easy for public perception in the moment.

Kevin McCarthy is no different. But Kevin McCarthy NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, said what you accused him of saying.

See, you need to be accurate here. You're dealing with people who know the facts. You'll get called on it every time if you try to be hyperbolic and imprecise with your accusations.

Also, three months later, Kevin McCarthy just put the finishing touches on likely kicking out one of the few Trump haters in the party and installing a huge Trump supporter as the leader of the RNC.

This thread has really backfired on you I think. It's a massive thread fail.
McCarthy accuses him of exactly what I’ve been saying, failing to stop the violence even though he could.

He even called for Trump to be censured for his actions.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:54 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
McCarthy accuses him of exactly what I’ve been saying, failing to stop the violence even though he could.

He even called for Trump to be censured for his actions.

1. He did not, even though your video doesn't play. I've looked for those exact words already.

2. He called for "censure" as a compromise to not go through the "impeachment" dog and pony show again.

He also was just at Mar-a-Lago a couple weeks ago meeting with Trump on strategy.

You have a hard time with the facts.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:01 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times
Quote:
Trump incorporated political violence into his campaign for a second term, his worshipers absolved him of it. They didn’t even see a problem with the fact that he was still campaigning after the election.
I can't seem to remember trump supporting BLM.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:04 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Support for democracy now makes you a left wing nut job? I mean I know a large percentage of the GOP is now pretty much openly supporting fascism, but I really hope for America’s sake that more than left wing nut jobs support the preservation of our republic.
you know what the voices in your head tell you, apparently.

Pretty simple.

Fascism, from the Dictionary:

Quote:
a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
often race ... no, not a problem.
centralized autocratic government .... no, not what was espoused
dictatorial leader ... no, as has been pointed out numerous times, Trump certainly could have consolidated power under him - much like many Governors did - during the pandemic. Heck, frankly, it was an easy and obvious opportunity for him to declare martial law, maybe even attempt to call off an election. But he didn't. I wonder why??
severe economic and social regimentation - hey, your term/assertion, you tell us how this applies. He didn't say "your only opportunity is THIS job", he didn't say "if you don't go to church, you're unAmerican".
forcible suppression of opposition - hmmm, did Trump talk about locking up all opposition? not allowing peaceful protests? Was the mere act of protest forcibly suppressed by Feds? Were any Dem elected leaders mysteriously killed, accused and charged with crimes, etc?

Old 05-10-2021, 06:06 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
The people who were there obey his every word.
Have you noticed that when leftist fanatics don't have a viable argument to support their agenda, they start telling lies like that one instead?

Old 05-10-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's with this "worship" BS? I don't know of a single Trump supporter that worshiped him including myself. It's a ridiculous melodramatic word used to demonize Trump supporters by the left.
there are "plenty of people" both here and on Twitter/social media that did "worship" him, but it by no means equates a 1/5 of 70MM+ people.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Get with reality please.
srsly

Old 05-10-2021, 06:16 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
Yeah, again, you apparently can't see how much of this definition fits Trump. See what you want to see I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies