U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2021, 10:58 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
3,379 posts, read 1,361,237 times
Reputation: 8415

Advertisements

I want everything the Founders wanted. It is that simple.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2021, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Metro Seattle Area - Born and Raised
3,258 posts, read 1,082,209 times
Reputation: 6381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Though frankly a lib, am not naive or ideological enuff to believe that Trump voters don't have some pretty legit 'grievances' anyway, and that for better or worse, still they've chosen him as their 'Champion'. But it's also not hard to see that he's basically 'on the wane' these days, even before we count his mounting list of 'legal issues' (and if Steve Bannon's to be believed, apparently some growing 'health problems' as well).

So if Trump somehow 'disappeared' tomorrow, what are the issues and policies that would still remain the most important to Republicans, and especially his 'fans'?
I do support Trump.

The only thing “I” want is fairness from the media and big tech. But!! More important, clean, honest and fraud free national elections.

“I’m” Center-Right and a Working, Middle-Class person and if my “guy” loses, fair and squared, I’m fine with that since the will on the people is far more important that me.

No, I didn’t vote for Biden nor would I ever do so, but “I” accept the fact that he is the current POTUS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 01:53 AM
 
547 posts, read 152,406 times
Reputation: 940
I would support anyone that champions the following causes:

- Policy Point 1. Increase American energy dominance. We have the ability to be completely energy independant and, neuter funding to Middle Easter countries that seek American destruction, by producing more of our own coal and oil. We can also utilize the Southwest for solar power. This effectively kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

- Policy Point 2. Withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords and World Health Organization, again. That we did, at least for a few years was a benefit to Americans of all stripes and colors. There is no outcome by being affiliated with those 2 organizagions that does NOT put America in a weaker posigion.

- Policy Point 3. Stop exporting jobs / importing labor. Reversing NAFTA might be impossible but, we can at least not make that mistake again. Trump rejected the TransPacific Partnership (TPP) in his first week, and that was a great deed! Anyone that continues to reject the TPP, will have my support.

- Policy Point 4. Rescind all bail reform laws for ANY crime in which physical injury, sexual misconduct, or arson occurs. This should be a no-brainer but NYC enacted bail reform that allows people who commit up to manslaughter to be issued a ...desk appearance ticket... really...

- Policy Point 5. Completely eliminate demographic inquiries from college and employment applications, and completely eliminate critical race theories from school. If there is no "affirmative action" in sports (and that's fine), then it shouldn't exist in our hospitals, universities and, municipal and emergency services.

It is quite literally teaching people that it is OK, and legal to hate White people, and deny them services ONLY because they are White. The Holocaust didn't just happen all of a sudden in 1939, it happened because Germany was treating their Jews in the early 1930's almost exactly the way White people are treated now.

To alter a quote from the Joker:
Murray: "What you think it's ok to be White?!"
55% of the US: "Yes, and we're tired of being told it's not!"

- Get rid of "cancel culture". This one is more of a wish, since unlike my other items, it's not a clear cut policy objective. However, the Democrat party has gone so overboard with it that one of their former champions, "Caitlyn" Jenner, is now ostracized because she thinks biological boys in girl sports is unfair... and Democrats think they know more than literal-olympic-track and field-gold-medalist Bruce Jenner.

- Policy Point 6. Allow force to be used on our borders, or permanent imprisonment for rejected immigrants. Yes, we need the legal path to citizenship be a lot shorter. A lot! However if some dude strolls up with a biga-- "13" on his neck he needs to expect to clean a cell block, instead of getting a free apartment, with an EBT card.

- Policy Point 7. Again, the path to legitimate citizenship needs to be drastically shortened. Also, I sympathize with people wanting to flee countries where heads get cut off and stuck on fences, kicking them back to places like that is little better than just shooting them. There should be more asylum. However, this does not mean we give them free apartments and EBT cards!

I speak Spanish, look a bit "Spanish" and I get told by short Spanish-speaking people (in Spanish) "Why don't you just ask the city? I came over with my 2 girls last year, and we have a 2 bedroom apartment now."

The fact that an English-speaking, trade-skilled, born American could never get that kind of service, over people who got their socks wet walking across the "Rio Grande" is appaling.

----------

So, I voted for Trump even though he himself might be an idiot, because Republican-styled policies are, in many but not all cases, so much better for America and American citizens that, even a moron could successfully promote them.

If Kama ... I mean Biden were the one supporting the 7 policy points I could think up, Kama ... I mean Biden would be the one getting my vote.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 04:54 AM
 
16,955 posts, read 10,889,193 times
Reputation: 15571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcawtsrif View Post
Most Republicans don't care about genuine issues. They care about grievances and obstructionism, for the sakes thereof, at all cost.

As such, many Trump supporters are perfectly fine with bringing fascism to this country.

So, that's my answer. They want fascism. They want the United States to become like Turkey, Russia or Hungary.
You clearly have no idea what fascism even is. Trump supporters don't want a dictator, which is what fascism espouses. We want freedom.

Freedom from an over-reaching government. Freedom from crippling taxes that benefit the lazy and unproductive. Freedom from a regime that celebrates lawlessness and vilifies those that keep citizens safe at night. Freedom from a government that uses its agencies to attack its opponents. Freedom from a President that issues executive orders that have nothing to with helping the American people, but instead pander to his cronies and enrich his inner circle. Freedom from having to apologize for the color of our skin, because those in power have decided that being judged for the color of your skin is now the way it needs to be. Freedom from a corrupt and evil media. Freedom from becoming like China, or Cuba or North Korea.

We understand that the leftwing definition of "fascism" has dialed into meaning "nationalism". There is nothing wrong with that. Being proud of one of the greatest countries in history, that has brought millions upon millions of people out of poverty, is OK.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 05:08 AM
 
16,955 posts, read 10,889,193 times
Reputation: 15571
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And in giving that support, you're conceding that policy is more important to you than character.

Nothing is more important than character.
For a President, competence is more important than character. Jimmy Carter had a great character. He was a horrific President.

Biden, sadly, lacks both.

Enabling your drug addict, deadbeat dad son, and hooking him up with lucrative business opportunities thanks to your political clout, screams of "poor character." Lecturing the American taxpayers about not paying enough taxes, while you set up entities to avoid paying taxes yourself, screams of "poor character." Legal, yet void of character. Almost getting kicked out of law school for plagiarism. Poor character. Dropping out of a Presidential race for the same reason. Poor character.

As for competence, the first months of his Presidency has shown us his complete incompetence. The economy is tanking, inflation is here, and he is spending money like a drunken sailor. All to put in pet projects that will destroy what makes this country great. The biggest proof of his incompetence is the fact that he has been on the wrong side of every foreign policy decision in his entire career. The only "no" vote to take out Bin Laden should tell you everything you know about his judgement. And that was when he wasn't in the grips of Alzheimers.

Policy IS more important than character in a President.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 05:15 AM
 
16,955 posts, read 10,889,193 times
Reputation: 15571
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

That would be much less likely to be the case if someone without Trump's character issues gets the R nomination in 2024.
I'm curious why you're harping on character so much? Didn't the D nomination in 2020 falsely accuse the driver in his wife's tragic accident of being drunk and causing the accident? His words: "It was an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit a tractor-trailer, hit my children and my wife and killed them." When the fact was that it was his wife that drove into the path of the truck, causing the accident herself?

He repeated that lie for YEARS to garner sympathy for political gain. I'd find it more hard pressed to find a more despicable act. Yet there he was, the D nomination. May I suggest you jump off the "our candidates have better character" bandwagon? You're just making yourself look foolish.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 05:18 AM
 
Location: *
12,222 posts, read 3,965,065 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I do support Trump.

The only thing “I” want is fairness from the media and big tech. But!! More important, clean, honest and fraud free national elections.

“I’m” Center-Right and a Working, Middle-Class person and if my “guy” loses, fair and squared, I’m fine with that since the will on the people is far more important that me.

No, I didn’t vote for Biden nor would I ever do so, but “I” accept the fact that he is the current POTUS.
Re: bold: Money in politics corrupts period fullstop. Big money in politics corrupts absolutely.

Get rid of K Street.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 07:06 AM
 
52,447 posts, read 22,623,529 times
Reputation: 15045
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I said suggested it, not requested it...But I agree those that did were idiots.
He did neither! Quit spreading lies!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2021, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Connecticut
3,222 posts, read 880,625 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yeah, uh huh.



Too bad all you know how to do is roll your eyes. I'm guessing you do that anytime you're wrong? The internet is at your fingertips; use it.


https://ssdp.org/blog/why-was-mariju...l-first-place/




"We began outlawing marijuana in the United States in the 1910s. For Western states, a driving reason was a fear of Mexican immigrants who used the plant. In Eastern states, it was fear of African Americans and jazz musicians who used cannabis to “take advantage of white women.” Making marijuana illegal was essentially a way to outlaw being an immigrant or not white.
Check out this racist quite from the authority on drugs in 1930s, Harry J. Anslinger of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (the original DEA):
“Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, jazz musicians, and entertainers. Their satanic music is driven by marijuana, and marijuana smoking by white women makes them want to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others.”



https://drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-...al-first-place




"During hearings on marijuana law in the 1930’s, claims were made about marijuana’s ability to cause men of color to become violent and solicit sex from white women. This imagery became the backdrop for the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 which effectively banned its use and sales."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top