Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 10:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Maybe they were going north to build houses in the metroplex. Or process chickens for Bo.

Texas does not license contractors. The University knows 1/2 the construction workers here are illegal.

Nobody cared until Trump used the wall as a tool.

If the government of Texas gave a damn they would try to keep track of who is doing what on houses in Texas. The state says anybody working on plumbing or electricity must be licensed. But they made no provision for permits or inspection.

Looks to me like Abbott and Patrick like it just the way it is.
If anyone gave a damn they would enact and enforce e-verify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 10:08 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
My flight from McAllen to Dallas
BTW, McAllen is right along the Mexican border. It's not hard to believe that maybe some Mexicans got to Reynosa, went through customs at the border, then went to the airport at McAllen and are going to Dallas to visit friends or family, or whatever. I can think of a dozen ways in which some Mexican-looking people could be on that flight for perfectly legitimate and legal reasons.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 AM

1,706 posts, read 635,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
Thread title says it all. And before someone says “How do you know they were illegal aliens?,” just know that any of us who have lived in South Texas can spot them a mile away.

How is this even remotely acceptable? This president is allowing a mass migration event during a pandemic, and flying these people all over the country at our expense. Meanwhile, a different set of rules and onerous restrictions are placed on our own citizens because we have to “follow the science.”

Thanks Joe, I really enjoyed the COVID exposure on my flight.

This president-by-proxy disgusts me. When is he, or whoever’s calling the shots, going to explain their actions?
There is COVID exposure everywhere unless you lock yourself in your house. Get the vaccine if youre worried. That will work much better than complaining about it on the internets.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:13 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,136 times
Hard to take anyone (or anyone who agrees with that person) seriously when they claim they can "spot an illegal alien". Is that some new super power? Or do you have an extra level of ESP the rest of us have never heard of?

You may make some assumptions based on what someone looks like as to their legal status is, but you know what they say about assumptions....

Old 05-11-2021, 10:21 AM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
I'm doubtful of your story, considering Texas doesn't give illegal immigrants drivers licenses. If they used a passport to fly they'd probably get nabbed for having an expired visa. If they crossed the border illegally, they'd get nabbed for having no visa.

Or maybe they were people who are in Texas legally? Or, maybe, you can just mind your own business?
I'd be doubtful too, but, Biden* allows those illegals who are known to have the virus to board buses and travel across the country. He puts them up in hotels while our own homeless sleeps on the streets, including homeless US citizen children. He told those south of the border to send their kids here alone and today there's yet another headline of kids being abandoned at the border to hopefully survive long enough to be found by border patrol. This time it was a group of five young children, the oldest is seven and the two youngest was a two year old and an infant. So, with all of that I would not doubt that he's letting them fly across the country too, heck he's probably having the government pay for their plane tickets.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:29 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Uh huh, typical right-winger. Any short, brown-skinned person speaking Spanish is an illegal alien. And then they wonder why they're accused of being racists.
B.S. I can tell you which country, state or region they come from. You can tell by their shirts/pants, hats, food, the radio station music they listen to, etc.. White or brown skin people on our side of the border all know how to spot them.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:36 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post
Thread title says it all. And before someone says “How do you know they were illegal aliens?,” just know that any of us who have lived in South Texas can spot them a mile away.

How is this even remotely acceptable? This president is allowing a mass migration event during a pandemic, and flying these people all over the country at our expense. Meanwhile, a different set of rules and onerous restrictions are placed on our own citizens because we have to “follow the science.”

Thanks Joe, I really enjoyed the COVID exposure on my flight.

This president-by-proxy disgusts me. When is he, or whoever’s calling the shots, going to explain their actions?

I thought this whole pandemic is a Democratic hoax?

I guess the illegals are working with the deep state to put on a show.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
B.S. I can tell you which country, state or region they come from. You can tell by their shirts/pants, hats, food, the radio station music they listen to, etc.. White or brown skin people on our side of the border all know how to spot them.
Again...these are assumptions. There is literally no way for you to 100% know. If you actually believe that you can, I feel sorry for you.

Maybe you should propose slapping a red I on their chests. Then you would know for sure.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I thought this whole pandemic is a Democratic hoax?

I guess the illegals are working with the deep state to put on a show.

It's only a hoax when it fits a narrative. So hard to take some of these people seriously....

Old 05-11-2021, 10:44 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If anyone gave a damn they would enact and enforce e-verify
E verify was going to pass about 10 years ago. The votes were counted. It was all set. A now deceased builder Bob Perry and and a local Texas grocery chain owner sent their lobbyist to the floor. E-Verify was graveyard dead in10 minutes. IDK if it ever came up again. But the lege is in session until the end of May.

The Lt Governor is more concerned about trans using bathrooms than illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies