Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 09:17 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Ghetto people will be ghetto.
Very true. Drive through many parts of Detroit or Chicago or the Bronx, Baltimore etc. and you will see Ghetto people acting Ghetto.

I can deal with that sign way easier than I can a yard full chained up dogs, junk cars and trash everywhere. I can deal with that sign far easier than I can a lot of HOA's that try to regulate your entire life. That sign is far from offensive. I can also deal with that sign far easier than listening to even one more Trump speech.

That sign really is a non-issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2021, 09:21 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
This is the best, most virtuous and truthful artwork I have seen in a long time. The attention to detail is astounding; the colors just pop from the surface. It's amazing that the artist has been able to take two such horrendous, nauseating subjects and turn them into such a beautiful masterpiece... and to cast them in such a positive light compared to reality. Amazing.

Sarcasm aside, I'm sure this billboard was funded, painted, and displayed by a private company on private (or leased from private) property. What is it that the left has been saying lately (and only lately after making a 180 degree phase shift some months ago--i.e. post-cake-baking) about what private companies/business should be able to do?

Old 05-11-2021, 09:25 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Right, yet you act like because Trump put it up and it’s going to have any affect on because Trump or “Trumpsters”.
This sentence made no grammatical sense whatsoever.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Sure it does. Dems think anything that doesn’t go their way, and their self inflicted problems are “because Trump”.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Sure it does. Dems think anything that doesn’t go their way, and their self inflicted problems are “because Trump”.
Nope, it still makes no grammatical sense. Even if I substitute a single noun (I'll use "things") for "because Trump," it makes no sense. You get this:

Quote:
Right, yet you act like [things] put it up and it’s going to have any affect on [things] or “Trumpsters”.
That makes no grammatical sense whatsoever.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:32 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Perhaps you could diagram it out, and rearrange/reassign the words and various parts of speech, thus making it an idyllic and flawless example of perfect Queen's English grammar. You know, as a public service?

Old 05-11-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Perhaps you could diagram it out, and rearrange/reassign the words and various parts of speech, thus making it an idyllic and flawless example of perfect Queen's English grammar. You know, as a public service?
I'm not expecting textbook grammar. But you could at least write a sentence that makes grammatical sense.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

They’ll still blame because Trump and Trumpsters.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:44 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Looks like democrats have thin skins.....

Anti-Biden billboard angers local residents who are calling for 'vulgar' sign to be removed

pro-Trump sign in Maryland is causing a stir in the community due to its graphic language and has some calling for its removal.

The sign, which features a cartoon image of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris superimposed on feces, says, “Don’t blame Trump, you are stuck with these two s---heads.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-angers-locals
If that was on a t shirt, the person wearing it wouldn’t be allowed to board the plane, attend classes in a public school, vote, or work at Starbucks. Imo, it is inappropriate for a billboard. Not sure if there is a different standard than in most other places of business.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:48 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Looks like democrats have thin skins.....

Anti-Biden billboard angers local residents who are calling for 'vulgar' sign to be removed

pro-Trump sign in Maryland is causing a stir in the community due to its graphic language and has some calling for its removal.

The sign, which features a cartoon image of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris superimposed on feces, says, “Don’t blame Trump, you are stuck with these two s---heads.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-angers-locals

It's an insult to the feces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies