Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 07:36 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Walensky lost me at "impending doom". If I spoke in hyperbole like that at my job I would be laughed out of the room and have my credibility shot.
This^.

And then a just few short weeks later doing a complete 180, when conditions on the ground had not changed to a significant degree related to Covid. But political situations had changed quite a bit now, didnt they....

Adults in charge! Science! Freedom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 07:46 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I think most people understand that the CDC was undermined by the last administration, and as a result their findings were treated with skepticism.
The opposite is true: the CDC, a Democrat-owned agency---and given extra money by George Soros to boot---was undermining Trump. He was being rational and optimistic, hoping to reopen the economy by Easter 2020. They were being doom and gloom, fudging numbers and pushing scary messages, in order to make him lose the votes.

Thinks about it: both the 2003 SARS and the 2020 Biden-19 were SARS-family viruses. After all, the latter's full name is SARS-nCov-2. Then why did the CDC treat them so differently? Other than the fact that in 2003, there was no election to rig; when Bush (a president I hated!) won in 2004, SARS was mostly gone. That said, I'll give Bush credit for siccing the Northern Alliance on Taliban.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 05-15-2021 at 08:07 AM..

Old 05-15-2021, 07:55 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Did the CDC forever undermine its credibility?

In my opinion, YES.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:09 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I just heard on the radio today that the CDC did something very Trump-like: They officially allowed all vaccinated people to socialize like free men and women, with no masks or social distancing. (Except on public transit, where Beijing Joe's federal mask mandate supersedes the CDC's ruling.)

Obviously I'm happy. And yet, I'm skeptical. Why is CDC making such a hard-and-fast about-face? Even Anthony Fauchtler himself said he's proud to change the rules. What's the deal with that? Are they being sincere about it? Or are they realizing that America will forever view them as a Health Gestapo, and thus forever lose people's respect, unless they stop their overbearing tyranny right now?

Of course, nothing stops Democrat governors and mayors from pushing the "new normal" until they get voted out. But this thread is about the CDC, so let's stay focused on them. And since we all know how much Democrats love the CDC and Mr. Fauchtler himself, perhaps there's hope for the blue states too.
People are never quite as Stupid as Leftists believe they are.

1. Vaccine is 95% effective and all adults NEED the Vaccine.
2. After you get the Vaccine you MUST continue to wear a Mask (inside/outside) for the foreseeable future.

#1 & #2 simply make ZERO sense & because they make ZERO sense - the only thing that does makes sense is that the CDC, PRESIDENT & LEFTIST Media is lying to the Public.
Why? It’s a way to CONTROL people.

Too much information has come out that more and more people are willing to listen to ...
because #1 & #2 can NOT both be true. The lies are being exposed.
Now they need to try a save what credibility THEY think they have.

It’s too late.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:49 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,872 times
The CDC makes my local weather man look like the most accurate person around. And then you have Fascist Fauci you should be in jail...I can't wait to see him in an orange jumpsuit.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:15 AM

955 posts, read 744,630 times
They went political. Just another worthless not to be trusted organization.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:21 AM

9,503 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Before 2020, the CDC was a mostly-respected agency. People didn't think much about them, any more than they thought of Iraq before year 2003, but they were out there. They looked out for public health hazards, helped with pharmaceutical research, and arranged for annual flu vaccinations. (The real flu, not Biden-19.) While they weren't as lauded as the military or the CIA, they maintained the role of quiet, subtle guardians.

But come 2020, the CDC turned into the Lockdown Gestapo, with Anthony Fraudi at the forefront acting as the Health [name withheld to sidestep Godwin's Law] himself. Whether George Soros paid Fraudi to do all that, or he came up with it on his own, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that the public perception of the CDC changed forever. Instead of associating them with public health oversight, people associate them with lost jobs, depression, anxiety, shuttered businesses, severed friendships, boredom, and corruption.

This will pose a huge problem for the CDC in the long run. Even after Biden-19 is wiped out (assuming that Anthony Fraudi and/or George Soros actually allow it, and don't insist on maintaining the charade), people's trust in the CDC is forever lost. Instead of thinking of annual flu vaccines and new pharmaceutical research, people will think of months of being stuck at home, losing their jobs, increased alcohol consumption, and/or taking Prozac to cope with the social isolation; and CDC is ultimately to blame with blood on their hands, since they created the situation in the first place, with Fraudi enabling it the whole time.

So... did the CDC forever undermine its credibility with its handling of Biden-19?? And what can they do to regain the public trust?

Only the most stunningly stupid among us believe the CDC lost any credibility. CV-19 is a novel (that means NEW) virus, which means they didn't know anything about how it is spread, how dangerous it is, etc. As they gathered new info, they adjusted guidance accordingly. That's called good science and it's their job.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:22 AM

9,503 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
The CDC makes my local weather man look like the most accurate person around. And then you have Fascist Fauci you should be in jail...I can't wait to see him in an orange jumpsuit.
Both the weather and novel viruses aren't 100% predictable. How do you not know this?

Old 05-16-2021, 08:28 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
He can still do damage from prison, by calling and writing letters, or even having internet access. He belongs in a supermax prison without outside contact, like ADX Florence. This way, he'll get a taste of his own filthy medicine: the social isolation he indirectly forced onto all the blue states. The only people he's gonna see again are the "essential workers" guarding him, until the day he kicks the bucket.

Old 05-18-2021, 12:27 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
I don't know if it was the CDC specifically, but last summer, some number of "public health experts" said that racism was a public health crisis, and thus it was OK to "peacefully protest" in large groups (but not go to church or shopping) and attend George Floyd's funeral (but not your grandmother's). This is when they completely lost whatever legitimacy they might have possessed in my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies