Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:26 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Nih funded NIAD research into gain of function for coronaviruses. Dr Fauci directed funds to NIAD via the NIH. He used a loophole in the law banning gain of function research. The loophole was a line that said GOF research was banned, but that law could be paused if it was for the greater good (SIC).
Fauci was partially responsible for covid.
I think I've posted all that already.

we apparently do GOF research right now within the US.
NIH never cut a check straight to Wuhan for GOF research. That seems to be true, and how Fauci danced around the issue, shading the truth.

I think it's pretty concerning we have 11 labs that do GOF research. It seems to me you'd have 1 frickin' lab, and it would be extremely high-security.

However the virus got out, it shows that it can basically cause just as much damage as a nuke.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Mark Belling said on yesterday's show that Fauci using middlemen funded the research in Wuhan experimenting with bat viruses, trying to get them to transfer to humans, and then the virus spread beyond the lab, implying that the guy we've been listening too the last year telling us to wear 2 masks and lock everything down is the one who indirectly caused the pandemic. What level of truth does this have, without me having to read through 15 pages of this thread?

Is this basically what came up in the Rand Paul interview? I just want the truth. If he did it, we deserve to know. If Rand Paul is making it up, we deserve to know.
Yes it is the truth.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:37 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Here you go the entire hearing including all the attendees are on C-Span.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?511511...ombat-covid-19
thanks!

Old 05-13-2021, 01:50 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You could not tell Paul interrupted Fauci so often that Fauci could not complete a sentence until time ran out and he was finally allowed to do so? It was obvious to me. I was taught that interrupting and talking over another person was rude.

I am not a Democrat and have never worked for the Democratic Party.

You're cherry picking. That's literally how everyone in politics talks especially when they have a hearing; they cut each other off constantly. Paul actually stopped himself a few times. Fauci definitely got to speak. The problem is he took a lawyer-like approach and just kept going in circles and deflected. Also, I find it hard to believe you're not a Democrat, seeing as you're willing to always go to the ends of the earth to defend every single move they make.

Old 05-13-2021, 01:52 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Paul did not allow him to.

Yes he did. Again, Fauci, deflected.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:37 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I think I've posted all that already.

we apparently do GOF research right now within the US.
NIH never cut a check straight to Wuhan for GOF research. That seems to be true, and how Fauci danced around the issue, shading the truth.

I think it's pretty concerning we have 11 labs that do GOF research. It seems to me you'd have 1 frickin' lab, and it would be extremely high-security.

However the virus got out, it shows that it can basically cause just as much damage as a nuke.
So do you want to eliminate gain of function research, it hasn't been a problem to this point and it is a research tool to understand the virus.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:03 PM

21,472 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So do you want to eliminate gain of function research, it hasn't been a problem to this point and it is a research tool to understand the virus.
Yes, we want to eliminate gain of function research because it HAS been a problem, and potentially could be an even bigger problem in the future.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:17 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a fact that the NIH funded the Wuhan lab.
It is a fact the Wuhan lab's work, was gain of function
It is fact, the "bat lady" wrote article about the work they were doing, and said, " it would not be possible if not for Dr. Fauci and his funding" Praising him, for their ability to gain function.

Fauci's days are numbered.
Convicted of violating the Nuremberg Codes, is a mandatory death sentence, without appeal.
Quote:
Fauci helped create this virus and is personally making money off it's research & creation..... No wonder they keep saying, "he is the only authority to be able to handle this"
Rand Paul is the Alex Jones of the Senate?

Old 05-13-2021, 05:22 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
This was all done on purpose.
A reason to stay home and vote by mail, so we can stuff the ballot.
With the rise of the red pill, this plan was concocted at DAVOS, & the G20 in 2016.

Using fear, to strip constitutional rights and liberties.
Conspiracy theorists exploit people's need for easy answers to complex problems.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:00 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-...-box-at-wuhan/

This article was originally published in Medium, written by Nicholas Wade, a science writer and editor who has worked for Nature, Science, and the New York Times (in case people want to doubt the source, the guy is qualified).
From the article:

"Where we are so far. Neither the natural emergence nor the lab escape hypothesis can yet be ruled out. There is still no direct evidence for either. So no definitive conclusion can be reached."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You're cherry picking. That's literally how everyone in politics talks especially when they have a hearing; they cut each other off constantly. Paul actually stopped himself a few times. Fauci definitely got to speak. The problem is he took a lawyer-like approach and just kept going in circles and deflected. Also, I find it hard to believe you're not a Democrat, seeing as you're willing to always go to the ends of the earth to defend every single move they make.
Nope, not a Democrat. I vote for the candidate, not the party, and I did not vote for Biden or Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies