Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 05:52 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,068,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I think we would still have the jobs crisis, the gas prices, and the cost of goods. These issues are actually partly a result of Trump's policies anyway. If you remember, Trump wanted to give even more stimulus to people than Congress had authorized. He also paused student loan repayment for everyone, even people like me who can afford to keep paying my loans, but stopped because Trump (and then Biden) said I didn't have to. There are plenty of reasons behind the jobs crisis, and not all of them Trump's (or Biden's) fault.

I think the issues at the border would be different, because Biden and Trump have completely different ways of dealing with border issues. In my opinion, Trump didn't solve the problems at the border, he just kicked the can down the road. There were/are STILL thousands of people at the border, they were just waiting on the Mexico side of the border, instead of the US side. They didn't go away. And many still came across anyway.

Basically, what I am saying is that the issues you are raising (which are legitimate issues) and the solutions or problems behind them are much more complicated than just saying "It's Biden's Fault," or "It's Trump's fault." I know we like to do that on this board, but the reality is much, much more complicated than that.
Preach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 06:02 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
The willful blindness of the dems here is stark.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:26 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Who's the "confident man"? Trump, with the fragile ego that requires everyone to praise him, who constantly brags and inflates his accomplishments and could never admit when he is wrong? Or Biden, who doesn't need to brag, or send out obnoxious tweets or cut others down but just quietly goes about doing his job?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NINLYfPxnU

Old 05-12-2021, 06:50 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Jeez it’s only been a couple of months and I can no longer get gas and 2x4s cost more than my mortgage payment....

Old 05-12-2021, 08:06 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I picked the comments that you made that were relative to the thread topic. Just because you chose to deflect with other unrelated topics is not my problem nor should I have to address them. The border crisis is a part of the topic heading and that's the one I addressed.
So you ARE picking and choosing what you want to respond to then? Then you were lying when you said this...

Quote:
I do not pick and choose! You did because you couldn't refute a damned other thing that I said! The plan wasn't just about tariffs. You probably ignored the rest of it.
Look, we ALL pick and choose what we are going to respond to, it's not like ANYONE responds to every comment on every thread here. I have no idea why you are taking offense at that, but it cracks me up.

Just as a refresher, this all started when you said this...

Quote:
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

And of course you didn't address anything else I said in my post. Figures.
Soooo here we are. We all pick and choose what we want to respond to, for whatever reasons we feel is reasonable. I am not sure why you are denying it, it just makes you look silly.

Lets move on...

Old 05-12-2021, 08:29 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We wouldn't have the crisis at the border nor would we have the Job crisis. We also wouldn't have all these high gas prices and cost of goods. Plus Biden isn't even speaking out on the crisis in Israel.

Do the clowns in the White House even care about any of these crises? They sure are quiet. They are hiding out hoping they just go away while trying to figure out how they can cheat the next election.
Democrats don't need to figure out how to cheat the next election, they have it down pat.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:46 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
But hey....Biden doesn't send mean tweets and he's "nice."
Ah yes! I am SO, SO happy that my president is nice and doesn't send mean tweets. Who cares about having a tough leader to fend off enemies and solve problems? /s

Old 05-12-2021, 08:58 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So you ARE picking and choosing what you want to respond to then? Then you were lying when you said this...

Look, we ALL pick and choose what we are going to respond to, it's not like ANYONE responds to every comment on every thread here. I have no idea why you are taking offense at that, but it cracks me up.

Just as a refresher, this all started when you said this...

Soooo here we are. We all pick and choose what we want to respond to, for whatever reasons we feel is reasonable. I am not sure why you are denying it, it just makes you look silly.

Lets move on...
I already explained it to you! I said I was sticking with the topic at hand which is what we are supposed to do so no, I wasn't lying so just STHU! I was following the rules of the forum! Most of your remarks in your post #27 was just Trump bashing which had nothing to do with this topic. It was about the crisis' we are facing today which has nothing to do with Trump!

One of those crisis is what is going on at our border today and it's because Biden did away with Trump's policies including stopping the building of the wall so that's why I only responded to your #5 remarks. Why did you refuse to address the facts that I posted about the wall of which you brought up yourself and I quote my response below.......

"Trump had to fight the Democrats all the way to get 450 miles of wall built and by the way it takes more than 4 years to build a 1,000 mile long wall. Mexico was helping to pay for the wall through tariffs. Why do you care anyway when what was built was 90% effective in deterring illegal entry? What price do you want to put on our national security? Without it we have nothing! Did you whine and cry when 700 miles of inferior fencing was built back in 2006 compliments of the taxpayer? No, of course you didn't because it wasn't Trump's wall so you're a hypocrite"!

Crickets from you! You wouldn't answer because it exposed you and your fellow anti-Trump wall people for the hypocrites that you are!

Old 05-12-2021, 09:08 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
If Trump was still in office we would have over a million covid deaths. Probably close to 2 million by now
Trump is the one who is responsible for the fact that COVID is almost an after thought. Trump is the one who get the vaccine to the people, Pedo Joe just came along after all of the hard work was done and, as usual, is attempting to take all the credit. Intelligent people know the truth, Trump has been the best president of your lifetime> in just a few months old Joe has surpassed obama as the most incompetent and corrupt president in history. It will truly be a miracle if America survives the time China Joe is in office.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:16 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
I already explained it to you! I said I was sticking with the topic at hand which is what we are supposed to do so no, I wasn't lying so just STHU! I was following the rules of the forum! Most of your remarks in your post #27 was just Trump bashing which had nothing to do with this topic. It was about the crisis' we are facing today which has nothing to do with Trump!

One of those crisis is what is going on at our border today and it's because Biden did away with Trump's policies including stopping the building of the wall so that's why I only responded to your #5 remarks. Why did you refuse to address the facts that I posted about the wall of which you brought up yourself and I quote my response below.......

"Trump had to fight the Democrats all the way to get 450 miles of wall built and by the way it takes more than 4 years to build a 1,000 mile long wall. Mexico was helping to pay for the wall through tariffs. Why do you care anyway when what was built was 90% effective in deterring illegal entry? What price do you want to put on our national security? Without it we have nothing! Did you whine and cry when 700 miles of inferior fencing was built back in 2006 compliments of the taxpayer? No, of course you didn't because it wasn't Trump's wall so you're a hypocrite"!

Crickets from you! You wouldn't answer because it exposed you and your fellow anti-Trump wall people for the hypocrites that you are!
Darn it, you caught me. I feel so exposed. Lol.

1. My post #27 was a point-by-point rebuttal of the original post, which I even quoted in my post. So if you think it had “nothing to do with this topic,” you're sadly mistaken.

2. Trump had both houses of Congress for his first two years… still couldn’t get his wall built. If you think it's all the democrats fault you’re… again… sadly mistaken.

3. Didn’t Trump say Mexico was going to pay for it? Oh, that's right, you still think MEXICO pays for those tariffs, when in reality, the tariff is added on when the goods enter the country, and the cost is passed off to the consumer. If Mexico paid for it, in any way, shape or form, why did Trump have to raid military funds to build his wall? Oh, that’s right… again, you’re sadly mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies