Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does being called a racial slur provide legal grounds to physically attack?
Yes 33 12.18%
No 238 87.82%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 12:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It seems like for 400 years America has had a preoccupation with the emasculation of black men. Not black women black men. How many fat black sassy women have graced our TV shows since the golden age of TV. From Rodchester, Steppin Fetchit, the black porter on the Stooges, and still today there are many black sidekicks who have to come up with a self depreciating laugh to get work.

If someone made a racially motivated slur against an; Italian American, Irish American, Native American or Hispanic American and died in the aftermath the public would pleading for leniency. Because after all he was asking for it. His lawyer would get a autopsy report to show he didn't die from the punch but buy not being careful to watch were he was falling.
Leniency for whom? The hypothetical Irish American who killed a 77 year old man for calling him a slur?

Old 05-19-2021, 12:19 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Back in the early 80's there was a place I worked where a middle eastern man worked too. He was not doing well and completing his work and I personaly thought he was losing it. He blamed his trouble on one of his superiors who he said was a Jew. Once while his superior was in a meeting he burst in a called him a dirty---, His superior grabed him and pumeled him. He wasn't fired, reprimanded or told that he should have used more restraint, even though his verbal assualter was known to be on the edge of some mental break down. It keeps society civil. This is America were we want to hide guns on our person, kill during road rage, stand our ground. Its seems like every gets to join in but black people.
What a bizarre thing to assert. Black people are the most likely to be involved in violence.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:43 AM

1,465 posts, read 622,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was wondering if someone actually heard him use a slur or not. I can't see why the kid punched him if he didn't. I don't think he should have assaulted the old guy, but generally people don't do things like that without provocation, generally speaking.
He may have been being a jerk, but that doesn't mean he used a racial slur.

This manager had a short fuse, so it could have been anything. Plus, I'd bet if they dig deep enough, they'll find he isn't very fond of White people.

There's a lot of racism coming from the black and brown communities. And, as opposed to most White 'racists,' they're not afraid to act on it with physical violence and hate-speech.

Old 05-20-2021, 04:58 AM

1,465 posts, read 622,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Here in Maui among the visiting tourists, black men are nearly always with white women. Why don't they date or marry black women?

Meanwhile, black women are usually traveling with other black women.

Once in a great while I see black families but not often.
Black men can get all the White women they desire these days. At least woke is working out for them in that regard.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:00 AM

3,460 posts, read 2,786,747 times
Second-degree manslaughter?

Old 05-20-2021, 09:32 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Black men can get all the White women they desire these days. At least woke is working out for them in that regard.
Well, this is how I see it. I'm a Black man and I've had plenty of crushes on non-Black women (especially White and Hispanic women). If there are Black men who want to be with White women, that's none of your business. If it bothers you, well, there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Here in Maui among the visiting tourists, black men are nearly always with white women. Why don't they date or marry black women?

Meanwhile, black women are usually traveling with other black women.

Once in a great while I see black families but not often.
Black men who date and marry White women, they do that because to them, race doesn't matter. They are open minded like that. Why do you care who Black men date? How is it any of your business?

Something else. Another reason you probably see alot of Black men with White women is this reason: It's Hawaii. Hawaii has one of the highest rates of racial mixing in America. If you are part of an interracial couple, Hawaii is likely one of the best places you can be.

Old 05-20-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Have you ever noticed that in black couples, the woman is almost always lighter?
I have. My mother is lighter than my father. Who cares?

Old 05-20-2021, 10:06 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
31 people said it's OK to murder someone for saying something offensive, by a 77 year old person.

Must be the squad on City Data.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Second-degree manslaughter?
I would charge him with manslaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies