Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 12:07 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,786 times

Advertisements

It's like watching Saturday Night Live.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:09 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Mine comes from the sun, I had a near $0 electric bill last year and would’ve been paid by the utility co if it weren’t for a snowier than normal winter.
Very few can do that and ones that do still have electric bills and TWENTY year paybacks on the initial investment even with all the Government Subsidies that other taxpayers pay for so you can be smug.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:58 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Mine comes from the sun, I had a near $0 electric bill last year and would’ve been paid by the utility co if it weren’t for a snowier than normal winter.

Great, now let's add two EVs per household and see how the math works out.

Store that free electricity in a battery pack?

Old 05-13-2021, 03:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Like millions of other Americans, I'd love to own a Tesla, and not because it super green or anything. The carbon footprint isn't much better, and may be worse. But I'd love to own a Tesla because it's cheaper to drive than a gasoline powered car, it accelerates faster, and it's just an awesome machine. If things get worked out to where the USA goes hard into nuclear energy and electricity becomes really cheap and plentiful, then great. I'll be ahead of the game. But whether it's coal-fire electricity or field full of endangered species murdering bird blenders, it' still cheaper to drive than a gasoline combustion engine.

But here's the rub: I can't afford to buy a Tesla. Neither can most Americans. That evil hag can take her holier than thou crap and shove it!! Her words are about as helpful as Marie Antoinette saying "Let them eat cake."

When did Democrats get to be such smug elitist pricks??

Old 05-13-2021, 03:08 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Well, it’s not shocking that the Harris/Biden... Biden/Harris... Biden/“Dr.” Biden or whoever is really in charge that everything is falling apart, here in the United States and around the world.

Simply look at all the wackados that make up this administration!!! Just looking at her and hearing her talk, you pretty much know she’s a Far-Left loon. Plus, it doesn’t help that she and many in this administration comes off as very condescending since in their minds, we’re all idiots.

Nothing for the next 3.5 years will shock me since I expect that things will only get worse... As long as nuclear missiles are not launched, we might survive this failed “social experiment.”

Old 05-13-2021, 03:11 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Very few can do that and ones that do still have electric bills and TWENTY year paybacks on the initial investment even with all the Government Subsidies that other taxpayers pay for so you can be smug.
Solar here costs $25,000 Canadian for a 1500 sq. ft. home including installation ....Presently my monthly electric bill averages $150 per month, so that $150 amounts to $1,800 per year... The solar would be paid off with those savings in less than 14 years....From that point on I'm saving $1,800 plus whatever increase in the cost of electric from the grid is in 14 years....In other words the solar would pay for itself. Makes good sense to me...If I hook my solar up to the grid it would be a much larger savings.

No problem running my Bolt on that.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:12 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Well that power doesn't come from this pipeline. That is one point electric has for it. We have a power grid, not a pipeline grid.

I can't speak to the total lifecycle, but in terms of "greeness" post-build, the electric cars do win. Large power plants are easier to control emissions at than multiple little sources. Plus many power plants don't have ongoing emissions (nuclear, hydro, solar) or their emissions to power ratio over the total life cycle is huge (nuclear, hydro).
So, you are just guessing. Thanks for playing

Old 05-13-2021, 03:24 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Like millions of other Americans, I'd love to own a Tesla, and not because it super green or anything. The carbon footprint isn't much better, and may be worse. But I'd love to own a Tesla because it's cheaper to drive than a gasoline powered car, it accelerates faster, and it's just an awesome machine. If things get worked out to where the USA goes hard into nuclear energy and electricity becomes really cheap and plentiful, then great. I'll be ahead of the game. But whether it's coal-fire electricity or field full of endangered species murdering bird blenders, it' still cheaper to drive than a gasoline combustion engine.

But here's the rub: I can't afford to buy a Tesla. Neither can most Americans. That evil hag can take her holier than thou crap and shove it!! Her words are about as helpful as Marie Antoinette saying "Let them eat cake."

When did Democrats get to be such smug elitist pricks??
Be patient... In the near future, electric cars are poised to finally become cheaper than gas-burning vehicles, a crucial economic tipping point that experts say will likely lead to a much greater adoption of clean transportation.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ice-drop-2023/

Old 05-13-2021, 05:57 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
So, you are just guessing. Thanks for playing
Huh? I'm not guessing. I'm talking strictly about once it's built. I don't have any current data about how much a vehicle (and its battery's) emissions are prior to it being completed. Unlike some folks, I prefer to only talk about things I have knowledge of.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
I knew that would trigger someone.

But it is the truth. My 'conservative' friends with their electric car are smiling all day long -- lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies