Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 07:59 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,947,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Said the other herd of sheep who think a pandemic is no big deal.

You have no idea if people still wearing masks have underlying health conditions so your comment is ignorant.
Pre covid I never saw people with masks indoors or out. Unless it was during summer wildfire season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 08:10 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It is time to lift all restrictions. Anybody who wants to get vaccinated can get vaccinated. No more mask mandates and "half capacity" crap. If you want to keep wearing a mask or continue to avoid crowds/gatherings then that is your choice and you are free to do so. But let the rest of us enjoy life. If you don't feel comfortable, then don't go out. The only age group that cannot get vaccinated yet are those who mostly get mild symptoms, if any.

Florida and Texas are an example of what the blue states should be doing. I feel like Washington state is going to have restrictions forever. Or until we kick Inslee out.
I agree. Here in Texas we've had the vaccine available to everyone 16+ since the end of March. At this point anyone who wants it has had the opportunity to get it. For everyone else, they are assuming the risk. The vaccine is the end game, the ultimate goal. I'm sure every state probably hasn't had it available to everyone as long as ours, but once it has been it's time to lift all restrictions and go back to normal.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:15 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I agree. Here in Texas we've had the vaccine available to everyone 16+ since the end of March. At this point anyone who wants it has had the opportunity to get it. For everyone else, they are assuming the risk. The vaccine is the end game, the ultimate goal. I'm sure every state probably hasn't had it available to everyone as long as ours, but once it has been it's time to lift all restrictions and go back to normal.
Tell that to the teachers' unions. They are using the virus as ransom to get paid in order to go back.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
It is time to lift all restrictions. Anybody who wants to get vaccinated can get vaccinated. No more mask mandates and "half capacity" crap. If you want to keep wearing a mask or continue to avoid crowds/gatherings then that is your choice and you are free to do so. But let the rest of us enjoy life. If you don't feel comfortable, then don't go out. The only age group that cannot get vaccinated yet are those who mostly get mild symptoms, if any.

Florida and Texas are an example of what the blue states should be doing. I feel like Washington state is going to have restrictions forever. Or until we kick Inslee out.
We still need to protect our children and babies, those too young to get vaccinated.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:18 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We still need to protect our children and babies, those too young to get vaccinated.
They are less affected by covid than the flu.

Where have you been? A coma?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:19 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Thanks for confirming, again, your total ignorance about the risks to children from COVID19.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:

You realize that Texas (2,296) and Florida (3,690) have had the highest number of new cases of COVID in the past week! Florida especially!

Give it a couple weeks and the incidence of COVID in these two "open" states will skyrocket!

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...19-spread-map/

Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am in this camp. We took this risk VERY seriously, as seniors with an at risk wife that was a no brainer. Yet despite being fully vaccinated she is still reluctant to do indoor dining. I am convinced this is emotional and not rational but I'm not going to force the issue.

I'm glad we are getting back to normal. The Governor in MD is ending all indoor capacity limits this Saturday. IMO that was the right time, it would have been stupid to do it too early after all of we've been through but it's time now IMO.

Most of my family is in Maryland. I am looking forward to visits and doing things. I actually plan to go out there this Saturday. Although we won't have time for eating out. I am helping my mom with some projects around her house. Maybe I can convince my brother and his wife to go to their favorite winery. I am not much of a wine person, but hey, it's more about the people and I would love to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We all have our quirks. As people age we can even more focused on avoiding risk.

The virus isn't the source of this anxiety. I have friends who have not gone to movie theaters, won't fly on planes etc....for years now. Of course with the virus they holed up in their house, hosed down all packages, freaked out.

As my friends are getting older some stop driving at night, stop driving in the city, stop going to the beach -- all because of some perceived risk, anxiety.

It's starting young with my friends. I am talking about a group of guys in their 40s mainly (two of us are just over 50). Of course, I am literally the only one at the table who doesn't have heart issues, a weight problem, or is diabetic or pre-diabetic. I would say having pre-existing conditions makes people a little more cautious than someone without them but my mom, aunts, and uncles (all of whom are in their 70s) are out and about and doing get together now. Maybe it's my generation.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:25 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
You realize that Texas (2,296) and Florida (3,690) have had the highest number of new cases of COVID in the past week! Florida especially!

Give it a couple weeks and the incidence of COVID in these two "open" states will skyrocket!

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...19-spread-map/
Yawn. You become more laughably irrelevant with each ridiculous post.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Tell Joeymumbles that...........his mask-swaddling is just encouraging this stupidity.

Until we know that the vaccines are effective against variants, continuing to wear masks in public places is a good idea. We don't want to start over with this. Take a lesson from the variant India is now dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies