Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 08:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Tell that to the teachers' unions. They are using the virus as ransom to get paid in order to go back.
Schools reopened in this town only to go back to distance learning due to a COVID outbreak.

An outbreak of COVID-19 cases in the La Crescent-Hokah High School has sent students home for two weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 08:37 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Time to lift all Covid restrictions and go back to 100%
Whoa there pardner. That would endanger the systematic crashing of the economy that is ongoing. Let's not drop that ball now. We're almost there--almost in the economic chitter. It would be a shame to recover at this point.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Schools reopened in this town only to go back to distance learning due to a COVID outbreak.

An outbreak of COVID-19 cases in the La Crescent-Hokah High School has sent students home for two weeks
That happened here a month ago. Students were getting sick. Sure they don't get as sick but anyone want to throw their kid in the COVID pile and see how sick they get and what the long term effects are?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
They are less affected by covid than the flu.

Where have you been? A coma?
Where have I been? Caring for critically ill COVID patients!

Quote:
Some children become severely ill with COVID-19. They might need to be hospitalized, treated in the intensive care unit or placed on a ventilator to help them breathe, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

In addition, children with underlying conditions, such as obesity, diabetes and asthma, might be at higher risk of serious illness with COVID-19. Children who have congenital heart disease, genetic conditions or conditions affecting the nervous system or metabolism also might be at higher risk of serious illness with COVID-19
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...n/art-20484405

Old 05-13-2021, 08:43 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:

Given your complete ignorance of the concept of risk and acceptable risk, it is alarming that you are allowed to work in health care.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:57 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:

Then how did you not know that children are barely affected by covid?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:59 AM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times
My library isn’t holding any in person programs and I have make a reservation to get into a museum.

I can go bar hop like it’s 1999

Old 05-13-2021, 09:13 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think most places are allowing businesses to decide and if a restaurant isn't ready to pack them in like sardines who are you and anybody to tell them they have to.

If a store wants their customers to wear masks, you just have to deal.

Cruise lines should be able to determine what is needed to get on THEIR boats.

I've got concerts lined up and ready to go --- ready to take trips, etc...all booked and ready.
Most big corporate stores have the maskie sign on the door. Where I live 80 percent walk by those signs without one and the corporations refuse to enforce their own rules. They have the sign up to appease the fearful maskies, they refuse to enforce the rule because they fear angering the public. Corporations have no spine, so basically it’s up to you.

Cruise ships are different because they have the same type of draconian authority over passengers as an airline does. They do enforce every little rule they have.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:16 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
My library isn’t holding any in person programs and I have make a reservation to get into a museum.

I can go bar hop like it’s 1999
Libraries and Museums have more liberals in charge than a bar does. One’s opinion on the “rona” has always been linked to politics. It is the fearful left who cry out for masks and lockdowns.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Then how did you not know that children are barely affected by covid?
Because I work at a major medical center and have seen that it does! But keep getting your info from an alt-right blog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies