Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 12:01 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,594,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Can you go to concerts? Hockey games? Can you leave the country? Can your non-canadian friends come into the country to see you?

Maybe you don't know what lockdown means? You don't see anything to get mad about since all this is happening with .00000001% of your population dying per day?
Yes we can leave the country. Why do you think we can't?

It's not just people dying, it's long term health concerns, and concern of overwhelming the health system.

People survive covid, but sometimes by missing a leg, or needing a lung transplant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ncspVEhqs

Last edited by Natnasci; 05-13-2021 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you don't understand the concept of risk?

You have a better chance of dying driving your car to work than dying from covid in Canada.

Do you understand that?
Do you understand that being in a car accident isn't contagious?

If it was, and one car driver bad driving habits were contagious to other drivers, and you had thousands of car accidents because of it, that trying to mitigate the carnage is a smart thing to do? Even if MOST of those involved in the car accidents survive, they may not come out of it whole.

It's a really bad analogy to start with, and borders on how a child would argue a point.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Where are you living in Canada? Most major cities in most provinces have been in on and off lockdown mode (no dine-in, 50 customers max stores, no unnecessary travelling, no indoor-outdoor sports ....) since last year.
That is not a lockdown.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:09 PM

8,947 posts, read 2,975,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Do you understand that being in a car accident isn't contagious?

If it was, and one car driver bad driving habits were contagious to other drivers, and you had thousands of car accidents because of it, that trying to mitigate the carnage is a smart thing to do? Even if MOST of those involved in the car accidents survive, they may not come out of it whole.

It's a really bad analogy to start with, and borders on how a child would argue a point.
Uhhhh what's that have to do with anything?

Even though driving in a car isn't contagious, IT STILL KILLS MORE PEOPLE THAN COVID.

You still take that risk every day that is greater than covid.

How long will you advocate for your government to keep you locked down? What is the number of acceptable covid deaths per day where you will no longer wish to have your freedoms removed?

Please provide us with a number.

Thank you.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
That's how a lot of Canadians are. "If I just keep doing what I'm told to do, everything will be all right." It's important to understand how deep this ethos runs.

It's probably about time to post this classic clip from a Canadian on Spring Break last spring:

https://twitter.com/ZNeveri/status/1349460356595376133

Anyone want to "debunk" anything he said?
I stopped when he said vaccines wouldn't be effective.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I stopped when he said vaccines wouldn't be effective.
He was SPOT ON.

We've been hearing for a long time now that "vaccines won't stop mutations," and "you'll still be able to spread even with vaccines." blah blah blah.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Uhhhh what's that have to do with anything?

Even though driving in a car isn't contagious, IT STILL KILLS MORE PEOPLE THAN COVID.

You still take that risk every day that is greater than covid.

How long will you advocate for your government to keep you locked down? What is the number of acceptable covid deaths per day where you will no longer wish to have your freedoms removed?

Please provide us with a number.

Thank you.
This is what we are dealing with folks.

Someone who thinks all manners of death are equal and should be treated the same.

Also your ' stats " are incorrect for what it's worth.

I chose 2019 since it was a " normal " year.

Deaths by car accident in the USA around 38,000

Deaths by Covid in 2020 and 2021, well, we all know that it's MUCH higher.

As for restrictions, they have been changed as the situation changes. Sometimes there are stricter ,sometimes they aren't.

Anyway, it's a lovely day here I'm going to the beach and then for a nice cold beer at my local pub.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
This is what we are dealing with folks.

Someone who thinks all manners of death are equal and should be treated the same.

Also your ' stats " are incorrect for what it's worth.

I chose 2019 since it was a " normal " year.

Deaths by car accident in the USA around 38,000

Deaths by Covid in 2020 and 2021, well, we all know that it's MUCH higher.

As for restrictions, they have been changed as the situation changes. Sometimes there are stricter ,sometimes they aren't.

Anyway, it's a lovely day here I'm going to the beach and then for a nice cold beer at my local pub.
Deaths are at a couple dozen a day and falling! In the USA they are falling dramatically. Right now there is nowhere near as much chance of dying from covid as there is of in a car!

This is what we're talking about, not all virus deaths from last year.

Keep wishing for your government to call the shots in your life. It's bizarre, but I guess you're okay with it.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:43 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,489,789 times
[quote=Natnasci;61035225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
That is old news .
The problem with Canada has nothing to do with leftist or rightist. It is Feds throwing $ at the Covid problem, no one in the PMO wanting to take the responsibility, and no prov wanting to rock the boat.[/QUOTE]

Didn't study much Canadian history of much about Canada in school, did you?

The highlighted made me laugh. I suggest you do a little research on Canadian Provincial and Federal relations.

Provinces, aren't shy on making demands.
Most Americans would call you crazy if you told them that Canada entered both world wars long before we did. They truly believe that we are Canada`s protector and that`s why Canada doesn`t waste all of their money on war toys. Nope, not much Canadian history taught here.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:55 PM

[quote=gmagoo;61035697]
Quote:
Most Americans would call you crazy if you told them that Canada entered both world wars long before we did. They truly believe that we are Canada`s protector and that`s why Canada doesn`t waste all of their money on war toys. Nope, not much Canadian history taught here.
Well, in reality the USA is the protector of ALL democracies around the world.

Our strength is a deterrent to anyone that would attack them. Obviously.

Canada benefits from that, as well as any other civilized, democratic nation.

China could annex Canada in an afternoon if the USA wasn't in the picture. Just like Hitler did to France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies