Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 01:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's because of the bad optics of our current administration. They put on masks to go outside and they put on masks just prior to walking up to the lectern. This makes people feel like it's not safe even with the vaccine.
No it isn't.

It is because before the pandemic those folks had anxiety...and they need time to see that we don't have another surge.

Some of the folks I know that are hesitant, slow to get back to normal are conservatives. They don't pay attention to Biden but they have anxiety about things. They worried about going to movie theaters before the pandemic...you think they are just going to jump back into live theaters and all that was 'normal' before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 02:04 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have auto immune disease. I had to be put on chemo infusion treatment to shut down my immune system because it was killing me. She got mad because I turned down the vaccine and I have been cut off medical treatment. I am going to be allowed to slowly be killed by my immune system. Less than three years ago it was so bad that my insides swelled shut from inflammation. The chemo is what has kept me alive.
You and others who cannot or will not take the Covid Vaccines, have no reason to tell anyone on this forum why. It is no ones business. And Frankly, many of the posters on here, will Not believe a word you say, anyway.

I have a cousin in the same boat as yourself - and I tell her the same thing.

She has a doctor note now - stating she cannot be vaccinated.

And, If anyone bashes you(I hope not) They can take a flying leap to hell...

----

I know plenty of Conservatives who took the vaccines and several Dems who didn't.

I hate to say it - but the Dems on here, all think that Conservatives are the ones who are against the Vax.

Many people on both sides - just don't want the stab or some just can't for various reasons.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:06 PM

UK, Canada and other countries who don't have the same access to vaccines are quite happy for folks to have one dose.

It will still mitigate the spread and helps to minimize symptoms.

So if folks are worried get the one dose and be done.

And if you need a mask to feel secure -wear a mask.
And if you don't -- don't.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:15 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have auto immune disease. I had to be put on chemo infusion treatment to shut down my immune system because it was killing me. She got mad because I turned down the vaccine and I have been cut off medical treatment. I am going to be allowed to slowly be killed by my immune system. Less than three years ago it was so bad that my insides swelled shut from inflammation. The chemo is what has kept me alive.
Yours and my wife's medical situations are about the highest risk for Covid 19. She had Covid last year and it almost killed her. She has now been vaccinated Moderna X2 and is finally recovered from the Covid.

Old 05-14-2021, 02:31 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
To my surprise, the Colorado Governor just ended our mask mandates, with a few exceptions. I’m already seeing posts on social media from people who are fully vaccinated bragging about how they will still wear their mask.
Same with NC's governor, plus he dropped a bunch of other restrictions. COVID-Karens on my news feed are having a meltdown. "I'm fully vaccinated but now I'm gonna stay home more because of this!!" LOL okay have fun

Old 05-14-2021, 02:33 PM

I'm all in on the vaccine but I understand those folks struggling to get it. I'm hoping that enough of us get at least one dose and over time we see that there are not long term effects. Maybe wishful thinking...but we need that way of thinking.

It's what has lead the way for medical innovation for years.....some risk always....

Old 05-14-2021, 02:45 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your doctor cut off your medical care? I don’t think so.

So, you accompany this poster to his/her appointments with this doctor, so you can make this claim with from first hand observation, eh?

Old 05-14-2021, 04:39 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,103 times
We lost ONE YEAR from Covid. Enough is enough.
If the vulnerable/fearful/brainwashed wish to continue wearing their masks, fine by me. Rock on.
I'm choosing to live my life, risks be damned; and there are many besides Covid.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:46 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So, you accompany this poster to his/her appointments with this doctor, so you can make this claim with from first hand observation, eh?
The doc is most likely in private practice where patients can be discharged for non-compliance. This of course needs to be handled compassionately, and the patient cannot be left abandoned.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:53 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
Same with NC's governor, plus he dropped a bunch of other restrictions. COVID-Karens on my news feed are having a meltdown. "I'm fully vaccinated but now I'm gonna stay home more because of this!!" LOL okay have fun
Yup. The brainwashed liberals on my social media feeds are all proudly proclaiming that they will continue to wear their useless masks too.

These people are beyond pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies