Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 05:37 PM

13,444 posts, read 4,287,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Liberals passed Civil Rights. Conservatives fought it tooth and nail.

Who do you expect them to ally with? The people who got the white man's boot off their neck. That trumps everything else.
more B.S. and lies. The Republican party voted to pass the Civil Rights Act with 82% of the votes compared to 69% Democrats. What are you talking about that the Republican party fought it tooth and nail?

The party in the South fighting tooth and nail was called the Democratic party of the South. It has a different spelling and pronunciation than the Republican party. The South didn't turned Republican until 1994. Most of those Dixiecrats were dead or 1 foot in the grave in 1994.

What does Trump has to do with Civil Rights in 2016? I didn't know Trump ran to tear down the Civil Rights laws.

The Democrat party love to treat blacks like mushrooms. Feed them B.S. and keep them in the dark.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach13. View Post
Let's go back to what I said.

Now, are you going to sit here with a straight face and tell me that the interest of Southern Conservative Whites, the same group that voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 had the same interest as Black Americans?

The GOP is already an identity politics party. Has been so for the past 30+ years. Where have you been?

All those things you listed are interest that every American have, but Black American also care about race relations, which is a topic the GOP doesn't talk about because according to them, racism towards Blacks doesn't exist in the US and hasn't since 1964, and there are no such things as residual effects from the past, once again according to the GOP.

So you are saying that apart from the Civil Right Act that Blacks in the South have NO interests in common as White conservatives from the South? same region and same culture.
You mean to sell me that that blacks conservatives from the south have more in common with white conservatives from the north or on the coasts? how about White liberals in the North, a lot of common interests there with blacks from the South, right?

What law that is a conservative law is about identity politics? please name 1. Name 1 thing in the GOP platform that is all or something about identity politics, name 1. You say the GOP has practiced it for 30+ years so I'm sure you have a long list of 30 + years of Republican party pushing identity politics just for whites and put a neck on the throats of blacks. I can't wait for you to give the details.

Your problem is, if conservatives don't talk about racism for ALL races not just blacks from the liberal point of view than We don't care about racism. That's b.s and false.

I never heard the Republican party say racism doesn't exist. That is a lie. We don't paint every problem in society as racism. The left has abused that word and anything that goes bad for blacks it's easier to call it racism, more government handouts more identity politics and call it a day until the elections are around the corner.

I can name democrat laws that are bad for all races and equality, can you name 1 Republican law that is bad for your race. Just 1.

I give you a perfect example of many. Mike Brown was killed by a cop and it has nothing to do with racism but the left sold it as a racist crime. Conservatives went with the facts of the case and the left kept selling the lies and hate. Then the left gets mad at conservatives for not jumping on the bandwagon and that we are against black people. NON-SENSE.

Conservatives will call racism when it's there with evidence and not just feelings or history but it's kinda hard to take blacks serious about racism when they refuses to confront the racist laws passed by the Democrat party. You can't deal with racism of the past by being racist to whites today or Asians.

If somebody committed a racist crime on anybody, they should pay by the law. I never heard conservatives say, to hell with law and order. Let's have 2 standards of law.That came from the democrat party that today still practices 2 standards.

You think if the violent protests and looting by BLM were done the same as whites from the South, it would have been treated the same? Who are you kidding?

Conservatism care about racism to all but not the double standards or identity politics from the left. Count me out and keep repeating the lie that I don't care about blacks. That train is never late.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:13 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Bingo...end of thread...next...
Of course, there are some persons who will claim "Blacks are lazy and want free stuff".

Old 05-13-2021, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Of course, there are some persons who will claim "Blacks are lazy and want free stuff".
and there are blacks that will claim white people are evil,racists and want to kill black people.

I guess when blacks are racists on other races that's consider to be funny. They are funny people, not a hate bone in their body. Don't you love living this life like walking on eggshells everyday?

I went to a comedy club last night and there were 2 funny black comedians cracking jokes about whites. I can't see a white comedian cracking jokes about blacks. There is plenty of material that blacks gives everyday to laugh but it's prohibit according to your skin color and this is the way to unite the country?

Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _burrito View Post
Traditionally, Black Americans... believed in the sanctity of marriage, exhibiting a higher rate of successful two person marriages than their white counterparts, per capita.
Two person marriages? You mean blacks were less likely to have marriages involving 3 or more people? I imagine that's true since the only major group practicing polygamous marriage was the Mormons, and they were white. However blacks did not have more stable marriages per capita than whites before the New Deal. Births outside of marriage were always higher among blacks.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:29 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post

Who do you expect them to ally with? The people who got the white man's boot off their neck. That trumps everything else.
Republicans passed both Civil Rights Acts, not the Democrats.
Don’t re-write history now

Old 05-13-2021, 09:29 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Wrong. Many Democrats were against it. Most Republicans were for it. See who marched with MLK.

Back then there were what we'd call liberals and conservatives in both parties.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:34 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Republicans passed both Civil Rights Acts, not the Democrats.
Don’t re-write history now

Lyndon B Johnson was a Republican? You literally just rewrote history.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Lyndon B Johnson was a Republican? You literally just rewrote history.

there was a Civil Rights Act of 1957 passed by Ike Eisenhower when 80% of blacks were voting straight Democrat. It was because FDR New Deal since it was the first Civil Rights Act since 1875 passed after the civil war by Republicans.

for the 1964 Civil rights Act , Republicans approved it with 82% of the vote to 69% by Democrats.

Democrats have done a great job convincing blacks that the Republican party are against the interests of blacks but blacks were voting over 80% democrat because of the new deal since the '30's and it had nothing to do with civil rights.

Old 05-13-2021, 10:43 PM

24,628 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Democrats also passed slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow. The single most used excuse many liberals use for the lack of black prosperity even in 2021.

How do you pass civil rights then claim blacks are too inept to get IDs to enjoy those rights?

We Blacks are still second class citizens, since Democrats claim blacks can’t get IDs and voter IDs laws are racists.

I had to show ID to my employer to prove I was a US citizen, that’s racists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies