Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 07:11 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Who cares for Black people more than black people? They know who is on their side and vote for Democratic policies.
Really? Why do blacks kill other blacks at a rate higher than any other population? Why do blacks push more drugs on their own people? Why don't blacks help police stop all the crime in their neighborhoods? Doesn't sound like they care about each other at all.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:19 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008
Who cares for Black people more than black people? They know who is on their side and vote for Democratic policies.
Not the Democratic party. Bad schools, bad security and bad economy but keep voting Democrat. I guess they like failure to be on their side.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:28 AM

237 posts, read 124,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
"Liberal" is an interesting term.

Black Americans have the highest rate of church attendance of any racial group in the USA. And a Pew Research Center report showed that a slightly higher % of Blacks than Whites agreed with business owners denying the right to bake cakes for an LGBTQ couple than Whites, bearing in mind that this was a hot button issue in Republican circles.

Also, the "Blackest"(%) states in the U.S. like Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Maryland, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida are pretty socially conservative with the exception of Maryland.

A lot of liberal movements in the U.S. like Third Wave Feminism, SJW's, Trans acceptance, etc. are started by White Liberals from the Northeast and West Coast and eventually spread throughout the country.

I'd say Blacks, as a whole, are "liberal" but it's more of a Centrist type of liberalism that's more geared towards economics and politics as opposed to the full scale of social liberalism.

Truthfully, quite a lot of Black Democrats in the Deep South are just as big on churches, blue collar work, guns, and family as their White Republican counterparts.

Best post in the thread. Very accurate. I've witnessed many times the tendencies highlighted in bold.

I grew up in TN, and I was exposed to Black culture through sports. I've brought up before on other CD threads how Blacks tend to respond to homosexuality very similarly to White conservative Christians. Beyond even the United States, in many African countries, homosexuality remains harshly penalized. Tolerance of homosexuality began with European populations and is very much a white liberal Western thing that has become gradually more accepted in the last few decades, but Blacks statistically aren't as likely to be on board with it even as they vote Democratic in 90+% numbers.

I've continued to observe such interesting disparities between liberal White and Blacks in places like Discord, where sports video gamers gather. I was recently in a basketball video game group with over 50 people, many minorities too since basketball has a large Black demographic. Most people there are generally liberal, but the way the Blacks and Whites deal with sex/gender and gay slurs is quite different. There was one other woman there besides me, a woman from Seattle. She was trying to lecture us on why using the term 'female' was wrong. Since I'm rather conservative, I don't take offense at being called female. The Black folks, too, were puzzled as to why she'd be so outspoken on such a thing. When that woman was not in the group, I also observed the Blacks freely use anti-gay slurs during competition. This always made any of the liberal Whites present upset.

In sum, it's exactly as you say: Blacks vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but on certain social issues like Third Wave Feminism, homosexuality, etc., they are very conservative. It's been like this for quite some time, and hard to say if it will change much in the future.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:01 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
when?

When the liberals put all black people in the same group...

now there's no such thing as black trash.....

Old 05-14-2021, 08:53 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
1) Democrats don't hold blacks accountable for their actions
2) Democrats make all sorts of public assistance promises and deliver on many (e.g. obama phone)
3) Many blacks are (as are many whites) hypocrites. They go to church, raise hands, sing, etc but won't hold each other accountable for even violent crime.
And you wonder why alot of Black people aren't voting Republican. Trying to shame Black people into voting Republican isn't working.

And if you think the only reason Blacks are voting Democrat is because "Blacks can be bad and lazy, and get away with it", then that tells me more about your low opinion about Black people than either political party. Criticizing Black people doesn't making Black people want to vote Republican. You want Black people to vote Republican? Come up with something better. If you don't care, then don't talk about it.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:10 AM

362 posts, read 143,664 times
Most black people are still very conservative, it's the internet and white liberals who've ruined the mind and morals of others.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:20 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khendra View Post
Best post in the thread. Very accurate. I've witnessed many times the tendencies highlighted in bold.

I grew up in TN, and I was exposed to Black culture through sports. I've brought up before on other CD threads how Blacks tend to respond to homosexuality very similarly to White conservative Christians. Beyond even the United States, in many African countries, homosexuality remains harshly penalized. Tolerance of homosexuality began with European populations and is very much a white liberal Western thing that has become gradually more accepted in the last few decades, but Blacks statistically aren't as likely to be on board with it even as they vote Democratic in 90+% numbers.

I've continued to observe such interesting disparities between liberal White and Blacks in places like Discord, where sports video gamers gather. I was recently in a basketball video game group with over 50 people, many minorities too since basketball has a large Black demographic. Most people there are generally liberal, but the way the Blacks and Whites deal with sex/gender and gay slurs is quite different. There was one other woman there besides me, a woman from Seattle. She was trying to lecture us on why using the term 'female' was wrong. Since I'm rather conservative, I don't take offense at being called female. The Black folks, too, were puzzled as to why she'd be so outspoken on such a thing. When that woman was not in the group, I also observed the Blacks freely use anti-gay slurs during competition. This always made any of the liberal Whites present upset.

In sum, it's exactly as you say: Blacks vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but on certain social issues like Third Wave Feminism, homosexuality, etc., they are very conservative. It's been like this for quite some time, and hard to say if it will change much in the future.
I grew up in Georgia, and around alot of Whites. The way many Blacks view certain social issues isn't much different from that of alot of White evangelical conservatives. Church attendance is high among both groups. Voting Democrat isn't done due to any strong approval of homosexual behavior or being liberal on certain social issues. If anything, Black Americans should be MORE Republican than other groups. But the opposite is taking place. Third wave feminism, homosexuality, it doesn't appeal to many Blacks, but it isn't a deal breaker in the political arena. Other issues are more pressing.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:22 AM

362 posts, read 143,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Also false.

Look at church attendance.

Look at how gays are regarded.

We were more family oriented on a percentage basis until liberals floated free money to us decades ago.

At our root, we are more conservative than not.

No lies told.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:26 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Not the Democratic party. Bad schools, bad security and bad economy but keep voting Democrat. I guess they like failure to be on their side.
The fact is there is much to be done to bridge the inequality of systemic racism. The only party that is even thinking about it is the Democratic Party and liberals. Republicans deny there is even a problem. How do you fix a problem that does not exist? So much easier to just blame Black people and create division.
No matter how conservative Black are they want what everyone wants - equal opportunity and social justice.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 AM

1,153 posts, read 630,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don’t have the foggiest idea why black people vote for liberal politicians when liberal politicians don’t give a crap about black people.

Maybe they are just OK with the 100% lip service that comes from liberal politicians because it sounds good. Who knows?
I don't know. Go poll and ask people. It's a free country and voting for politicians who don't fulfill their promises is as American as pie. It's not exclusive to Democrats either.

Keep in mind, too, that many poor people(I'm talking super poor people not blue collar types) aren't even very political or cast votes.

If you show up to a voting booth in most urban environments when it comes to local elections, the majority of people who show up(Black or otherwise) are going to either be working class or middle class. At least that's been my experience. I've run into quite a few educators and church going people at the booths I've been in while engaging in local politics in my "hood."

The same fellows who hang out on street corners all day or stay in Section 8 Housing pretty much never show up nor have any interest for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies