Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 04:53 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times

Advertisements

There are many things that older people experienced that younger people won’t ever hear, see, do. Looks like the phrase “ladies and gentlemen” will be one of those things. On a train in .England, the conductor said “good morning, ladies and gentlemen” and a non-binary person got upset,. Train company apologized and will never do it again.

So what’s next? I am not a mother, yet I have gone some places on Mother’s .Day and heard the greeting Hapoy Mother’s Day as if every woman is a mom and has a happy relationship with her child(ren). I didn’t feel like it pertained to me since I am not a mom, but didn’t find it offensive and was happy that moms were being recognized.

Where will this end?

https://www.ladbible.com/news/latest...lemen-20210513

Last edited by jazzcat22; 05-14-2021 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 04:58 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
It will never end, but we can delay the inevitable by voting against every Democrat in every election until we die.

That's my plan anyway.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:06 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,192 times
The loud, obnoxious and perpetually offended, will never be satisfied.

The worst thing you can do to someone that has such an absurd outlook on life, is apologize.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being offended. It's when you have to shout it from the rooftops, to let everyone know, that it becomes immature/juvenile.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:08 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I think it will end. It will go the way of the no-Christmas Christmas parties in elementary schools.

People will move on to other concerns.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:17 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
The crazy people got some attention, so they're emboldened. They think that their message is important, but they're still just crazy.

This will go away as soon as the people amplifying the thoughts of insane people stop broadcasting them. That's when these people will be relegated back to the street corners with their cardboard signs preaching the end is neigh. That's when people stop entertaining the crazy ideas. The media can end this, but the schools are where the root of the problem lies, and it'll just regenerate if we don't solve that problem as well.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:17 PM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
They used to say good morning to us in elementary school as “Good Morning boys and girls”, I guess that’s out.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:20 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It will never end, but we can delay the inevitable by voting against every Democrat in every election until we die.

That's my plan anyway.

It does seem like there's no other choice. The democrats have proven the kind of party they are now. They would destroy the country if given free reign for a decade.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:31 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times
But…this just happened in England. You can’t blame the US Democrats for this…

Old 05-14-2021, 05:36 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post

..... Where will this end? ......
Eventually it will most likely end in violence. Normal people can put up for only just so long with extremist obsessive nit-pickers who push the limits and lash out like that with their complaints and harassment, and then the normal people can't tolerate any more of it and will start lashing back in extreme ways of their own. More often than not that leads to violence in which case nobody is a winner.

If that had been my train and my transit company there is no way I would have apologized. I would have filed charges of harassment against the nit-picker and taken him to civil court for it. As icing on the cake I'd have him banned from ever setting foot on my trains or my other transit services again and he could never claim to be a customer. Then if he did go against the ban I would have him arrested and would charge him again for non-compliance and for trespassing.

If none of that worked out the way I hoped then I'd come up with another plan.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:49 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
But…this just happened in England. You can’t blame the US Democrats for this…
I don't blame Democrats per se but the Liberal Philosophy and entitlement attitude that has emboldened people to basically try to chip away at anything they find the least bit offensive. But also, the companies that encourage this behavior by bending at the very first sign that they won't be seen as inclusive.

If I was in a room that was mostly women and someone said "Good Morning Ladies", I wouldn't even consider trying to complain that they didn't "include" me. I'd probably get a bit of a chuckle out of it because I can be sure that there have been many times people have only said: "Good Morning Gentleman" with women in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies