Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 07:51 AM

811 posts, read 888,897 times

Advertisements

I work in State Government and our department has stated masks no longer required in workplace for vaccinated individuals and starting June 2, anyone, regardless of vaccination status can go maskless in the office. Most people already ditched the masks at work but now we can do so freely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 07:53 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Well, nobody I know will keep masking for five years, LOL. I think they found the fringiest of the weirdos for that article.
Lots of crazy viro-doomers and hypochondriacs will be masking for a long time.

Most of them tend to be on the left, politically.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:56 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You would think concern for your health would be enough. Thousands of unvaccinated people will die over the next year as a consequence of their political beliefs. I can not, no matter how hard I try, think of a dumber reason to lose your life.
I'll say it again in case it wasn't clear. For me personally avoiding the vaccine stems from a concern for my health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Except in states (like Georgia) that have limited liability for businesses in regards to corona.

Do you really think a whole lot of unvaccinated people are going to be going around wearing their masks? If places aren't demanding papers (like Costco) then it seems like the best way to avoid being accosted now, is to not wear a mask. Funny how the tables have turned.
I'm still wearing mine mainly because I see a lot of other people still wearing theirs so I don't want to stick out and it's not a big deal since I'm not wearing those awful disposable ones anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Safety is simply not a rational excuse. The mRNA vaccines have been studied probably more than any other vaccine in the history of humanity. Literally millions and millions of "Guinea pigs" have been injected. Study after study has been done in many countries around the globe (taking US politics out of it). The jury is in. The mRNAs are among the most effective and the safest vaccines ever produced. Pfizer has applied for full licensure and it will certainly be granted after the machinations of bureaucracy have been completed.
For people in general maybe...maybe not but what about just for certain people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I’m onboard with them sanitizing surfaces and handles like they’ve been doing.
There was one time I was not fine with it at our store. Hopefully they quit using that stuff. I haven't worked in that part of the store for a while so I don't know.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:35 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I went to Walmart yesterday with no mask. Oh the dirty looks!

Old 05-21-2021, 12:04 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,187 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkJPDXrlP6w ( MY OP This video is great!!)

Old 05-22-2021, 04:37 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Lots of crazy viro-doomers and hypochondriacs will be masking for a long time.

Most of them tend to be on the left, politically.
Less than 50% of the nation is unvaccinated, taking off masks is pretty dumb. I am not 'on the left' and neither are most people where I live, and yet 99.9% are still wearing masks.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:45 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Less than 50% of the nation is unvaccinated, taking off masks is pretty dumb. I am not 'on the left' and neither are most people where I live, and yet 99.9% are still wearing masks.
Well there are plenty of sheep out there.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:25 PM

4,845 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I have no idea where you're from, but unless it's Singapore or a similar country where you damn well better do what you're told, or an extremely small rural area, I'll call utter BS on your '99.9% are still wearing masks'. In fact, I'll call BS that there was EVER a point where 99.9% were wearing masks.

A lot of folks still wearing them? I'll buy that. Probably 25% of folks in south central Texas are still wearing them... down from maybe 90% when you HAD to.

Old 05-22-2021, 07:03 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
I'm glad I've never HAD to...I haven't worn one yet.

Old 05-22-2021, 09:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
Property rights? You ever heard of the Golden Rule? "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Of course, you've never read that. You're a conservative. The Bible is just a cheap prop. It's all about ME! ME! ME! God forbid you would actually read the Bible or follow any of its teachings.
I’m not a conservative and not a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies