Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 03:54 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Maybe just stay in your house and hide under the bed.
No, there might be a communist under there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 05:26 AM

3,371 posts, read 1,538,475 times
I am wondering if these buisnesses will not check at the door if your vaccinated or not because of legal reasons. it would be hard to prove someone got covid from someone not wearing a mask. it could create alot of problems having a policy to check for vaccinations. There are lawyers who think asking for vaccination does violate privacy rights. You could be considered a public health threat even though your not sick which is discrimination for a medical issue. It would be like saying all people who are Hiv POSITIVE or have aids must wear a mask or they can not come in. some people because of disabilities can not wear a mask . No amount of arguing will change this fact.

Lawyers can see both sides and there could be legal reasons why asking for the vaccination proof could open up a big can of worms things are not so cut and dry.

Not to mention the mask rules have caused violence I would assume if vaccine passports are required to shop at walmart the voilence would be ten fold.

Old 05-23-2021, 05:31 AM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post

LOL.

Perfect reply to that poster.

Old 05-23-2021, 06:51 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I'm glad I've never HAD to...I haven't worn one yet.
Maybe I have...maybe I haven't...who knows? This Covid is so deadly most people don't even know they have it. They have to trust a test to tell them!

Old 05-23-2021, 07:02 AM

8,206 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Maybe I have...maybe I haven't...who knows? This Covid is so deadly most people don't even know they have it. They have to trust a test to tell them!
And the test has false positives.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:35 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
LOL, Rachel Maddow doesn't speak for all Democrats any more than you do.
In the same way that not all that don't want the Covid-19 shot are Republicans or Trump supporters, even though Rachel Maddow would have you think that's the case. (It's not)

Old 05-24-2021, 02:28 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
You can say that again.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:26 AM

1,704 posts, read 804,442 times
Around me, 60 to 70 percent unmasked if you don't count employees who are likely required to. Occasionally 90 percent unmasked

Old 05-24-2021, 06:36 AM

494 posts, read 285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You would think concern for your health would be enough. Thousands of unvaccinated people will die over the next year as a consequence of their political beliefs. I can not, no matter how hard I try, think of a dumber reason to lose your life.
Why would you think that people don't get vaccinated because of politics? Have you seen how these vaccines are made, unknown side effects, etc? Also, the covid vaccine doesn't protect you against getting covid. If, and when, you do get covid, it protects you against getting a serious case that might cause death but, who really knows because they are still in the experimental stages with this vaccine. If it were really safe and the drug companies knew it was, it would be totally approved for use by the FDA, not approved for experimental use only. Thank you but, I don't want to be a guinea pig for the drug companies.

Old 05-24-2021, 08:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
Why would you think that people don't get vaccinated because of politics? Have you seen how these vaccines are made, unknown side effects, etc? Also, the covid vaccine doesn't protect you against getting covid. If, and when, you do get covid, it protects you against getting a serious case that might cause death but, who really knows because they are still in the experimental stages with this vaccine. If it were really safe and the drug companies knew it was, it would be totally approved for use by the FDA, not approved for experimental use only. Thank you but, I don't want to be a guinea pig for the drug companies.
And these companies would not be exempt from liability for harm caused by their product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies