Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 01:14 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times

Advertisements

It is like the old Arabic saying, “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

American saying, “Politics makes for strange bedfellows.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 01:17 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Everyone knows leftist are traitors. Nobody is more full is Sh$+ than a left liberal .
What utterly absurd statements.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:39 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think that many people, not just liberals, do recognize she is being 'canceled' by the GOP, while they claim they are a big umbrella peddling one big lie.
And as the GOP rails against cancel culture, they do it themselves. Bigly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
They heard it straight from CNN: "strong woman", "profile in courage", "with deep convictions and the courage to act on them". The liberal media packaged her and sold her to their viewers, told them what to think of her. Then the the exact same words are parroted social media. Cheney became the liberal media darling and a Dem vehicle to attack her own party.
The results don't lie (unlike the rest of your post): It took courage for Liz Cheney to speak out. Few other Republicans are willing to speak in criticism of Trump.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:43 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
In a world of politically correct want to bes who are followers wanting to be associated with the popular(at the time). If the wind direction changes so will they.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:04 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
IMO, liberals (many of them, anyway) defend Liz because their hatred of Trump supersedes everything else she stands for (anti-abortion, against gun control, etc.) The fact that Liz passionately hates Trump to the point that she would break away from her own party (in that one regard) means that she is one of them (liberals) in their minds, no matter what else she stands for. Trump had the absolute gall to take on the Republican establishment and deprive more "deserving" Republicans of being the 2012 Republican candidate for POTUS; and I think that in Liz Cheney's mind and those who think as she does, he must be punished for that. IMO, she is the Hillary Clinton of the Republican Party in her sense of entitlement, lack of ethics, and her lust for power. And like most extreme female leftists, both she and Hillary strike me as being the exact dictionary definition of a harridan (a strict, bossy or belligerent old woman).

From everything I have read about Liz Cheney, I am convinced that she is right out of her dad's mold when it comes to politics, meaning POWER IS EVERYTHING -- and it doesn't matter a single mouse turd how that power is obtained and at what cost. (And, unlike Cheney, Trump did not get the U.S. into another war. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...cheney/244306/)

Actually, maybe Liz Cheney and the extreme leftists are more alike than we know.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
IMO, liberals (many of them, anyway) defend Liz because their hatred of Trump supersedes everything else she stands for (anti-abortion, against gun control, etc.) The fact that Liz passionately hates Trump to the point that she would break away from her own party (in that one regard) means that she is one of them (liberals) in their minds, no matter what else she stands for. Trump had the absolute gall to take on the Republican establishment and deprive more "deserving" Republicans of being the 2012 Republican candidate for POTUS; and I think that in Liz Cheney's mind and those who think as she does, he must be punished for that. IMO, she is the Hillary Clinton of the Republican Party in her sense of entitlement, lack of ethics, and her lust for power. And like most extreme female leftists, both she and Hillary strike me as being the exact dictionary definition of a harridan (a strict, bossy or belligerent old woman).

From everything I have read about Liz Cheney, I am convinced that she is right out of her dad's mold when it comes to politics, meaning POWER IS EVERYTHING -- and it doesn't matter a single mouse turd how that power is obtained and at what cost. (And, unlike Cheney, Trump did not get the U.S. into another war. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...cheney/244306/)

Actually, maybe Liz Cheney and the extreme leftists are more alike than we know.
If she wants power so badly, the easiest route would have been to go along to get along, no?
How has her position regarding Trump served her?
What is the benefit?

I think you actually touched on the actual issue for the Trumpists, and that is that she’s not cute, she’s not pliable and most of these mealy-mouthed men can’t buy the influence that her name alone affords her.

I am no fan of Liz Cheney but I fully support her right to express a contrary opinion.
Funny, how so many of the same people reviling her now are those most vocal about so-called cancel culture.

Hey “patriots” - whatever happened to disagreeing but still defending someone’s right to express an opinion?
I guess the new motto is “Trump’s way or the highway,” huh?

Old 05-15-2021, 04:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
And 10 years ago Cheney was public enemy number one for the Democrats. Liberals hated him even more than Bush. Maybe in a couple years they will get “DeSantis derangement” and will start defending Ivanka Trump.

Actually in 2024 whoever the GOP nominates for President, you know they will treat him/her just as bad if not worse than they treated Trump. And spare me from the “if it were any other Republican he/she wouldn’t get this much hate from leftists and the media.” Just look at how PC Romney was treated in 2012. Called a “nazi,” sexist, homophobic, bigot, etc. Now he’s a leftist hero. Leftists will say “at least Trump...” when trying to justify why the nominee is “worse” than Trump.

Cheney's daughter's being (deservedly) defended for refusing to kowtow to the Trump butt kissers of the party and instead telling the truth about him. A pity the GOP has so many who are too skeered to say anything unless they think the lifelong grifter will approve. But no worries, if they continue on the resent track, their party will likely have a short future.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:37 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I may not like Liz Cheney's politics at all, but I admire her convictions. She saw the BIG LIE for what it was, the Trump stoking of violence, and she decided she wasn't going to be a party to it. She obviously cares more for her conscience/convictions than she does political power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies