Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 05:02 PM

16,002 posts, read 7,052,519 times

Advertisements

He acknowledges Biden as President and then goes back to Trump and says the Presidency was stolen. What is his game plan? Is he simply bonkers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 05:04 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,605,149 times
May that Biden is literally the president at this time (the one who is installed in that job). but that he got the job by votes being stolen/cheating. it makes sense to me. A lot of people know that biden is the sitting president, but do not believe he got there by true honest voting. Proof is the very very few poeple who even attend any events Biden has.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:06 PM

17,817 posts, read 13,724,212 times
McCarthy just basically said the election wasn't stolen and that Biden was president the other day as did McConnel after their meeting with Biden.

I'm sure they will have to go down and tell Trump that it really was stolen to keep Trump from turning on them.

Seems like that is what all of them are doing.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
On December 14, 2020 based on our constitution the matter of who would be the president of the United States between Jan 21, 2021 and Jan 20, 2025 was settled. That person is Joe Biden. It’s done, it’s over.

That does not mean there were not problems with the 2020 election. It only means that the outcome is settled.

Old 05-14-2021, 05:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,976 times
C'mon now, these politicians have plenty of experience juggling a wife and a mistress, they know how to lie to two people at the same time.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
McCarthy just basically said the election wasn't stolen and that Biden was president the other day as did McConnel after their meeting with Biden.

I'm sure they will have to go down and tell Trump that it really was stolen to keep Trump from turning on them.

Seems like that is what all of them are doing.
And Trump is in the same game with them? C’mon he is not that stupid. ... is he?

Old 05-15-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
On December 14, 2020 based on our constitution the matter of who would be the president of the United States between Jan 21, 2021 and Jan 20, 2025 was settled. That person is Joe Biden. It’s done, it’s over.

That does not mean there were not problems with the 2020 election. It only means that the outcome is settled.
There was problem in Bush-Gore election. Once Bush stole the election with the help of his brother, it was done.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
May that Biden is literally the president at this time (the one who is installed in that job). but that he got the job by votes being stolen/cheating. it makes sense to me. A lot of people know that biden is the sitting president, but do not believe he got there by true honest voting. Proof is the very very few poeple who even attend any events Biden has.
A lot of people buy into the notion the election was stolen which is not the same thing as “ knowing”.

Trump said so. Say it often enough and more folk believe it. People believe anything that seems to validate their perceptions.

Thus far, the courts don’t buy it due to lack of evidence. That “ people are saying” is not evidence.

Maybe the third audit of ballots in Arizona will turn up something. Maybe not.

Seems the masses are increasingly challenged to suspend judgment until there is proof beyond “ people are saying”.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:18 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

There was problem in Bush-Gore election. Once Bush stole the election with the help of his brother, it was done.
Fortunately, on December 14, 2000, based on our constitution, the matter of who was the president of the United States between Jan 21, 2001 and Jan 20, 2005 was settled. That person was George Bush. It was done, it was over.

And, just like in the 2020 election, that does not mean there were not problems with the 2000 election. It only means that the outcome was settled.

What’s your point, exactly? Mine is that while the outcome is a done deal it doesn’t mean our examination of issues that popped up should be over or that we shouldn’t discuss ways to prevent the same thing from happening in future elections. There were many election reforms that happened in response to 2000 Presidential Election. Same thing needs to happen this time. Having between 30-40% of voters questioning our election integrity has to be addressed or our nation is doomed - and I don’t consider sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting that they are idiots or cult followers adequately addressing the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies