Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 09:37 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times

Advertisements

Very damning indeed.

Based on this poll a higher percentage (68%) of P&OC posters got the vaccine and/or plan to.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ccination+poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 10:07 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I got the vaccine. I had covid in December and it was by far the worst health emergency I have ever had to deal with. If the vaccine helps me avoid that scenario I am happy. I have yet to read an intelligent explanation as to why someone would not get vaccinated. Just my body my blah blah blah or some fear of some future issue the virus could cause that is based only on fear. Or at the extreme that Bill Gates and Fauci are trying to take over the world. blah blah blah. Just fear and ignorance.

None of these anti vax people can state why getting a vaccine is more dangerous than not.
I had Covid. It was more like the flu for 3 days. Fever, no breathing or lung problems. Took a couple weeks to get my energy back. I am health conscious and normal weight. No way would I get a vax unless they prove to me that people with natural immunity are getting sick and dying. I don’t think that is anti-vax.

There are plenty of medical workers who aren’t getting it. I know a couple RNs who say no way.

Fauci followers are hesitant. Not a good look.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:15 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,521,770 times
Quote:
*SNIP*
None of these anti vax people can state why getting a vaccine is more dangerous than not.
We don't know if it is, and most of us (for one, aren't anti-vax, just cautious) just want this to be tested. At least the human body is equipped to deal with viruses. Infection by corona, even if it's engineered, is something our bodies are equipped to deal with. There is no natural analog to introducing a random piece of RNA in order to manufacture foreign proteins. I hold the same skepticism to any new treatment. If I were around when the first joint replacements were being done, I'd have held the same caution, and replacing a hunk of bone with a hunk of metal at least isn't doing anything with or to a VERY complex biochemical process. Most of us "anti-vaxxers" as you like to slur us, are NOT anti-vaccine. Just anti-rushed-to-market-and-not-fully-tested-with-no-long-term-data vaccine. I get a tetanus shot every 10 years, I got DPT (found out I'm allergic to the P), I got MMR, and on the razor slim chance that I ever get to have kids, will get them vaccinated with the same, or updated vaccines, including the chickenpox vaccine that wasn't around when I was growing up. But I WILL NOT get this newfangled corona vaccine for 5-10 years!

Old 05-14-2021, 10:20 PM

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
I got the vaccine. I had covid in December and it was by far the worst health emergency I have ever had to deal with. If the vaccine helps me avoid that scenario I am happy. I have yet to read an intelligent explanation as to why someone would not get vaccinated. Just my body my blah blah blah or some fear of some future issue the virus could cause that is based only on fear. Or at the extreme that Bill Gates and Fauci are trying to take over the world. blah blah blah. Just fear and ignorance.

Why don’t you ask all those apparent anti vaxxers at NIH why they haven’t gotten the vaccine.

The ones who according to you, are fearful and ignorant.

Last edited by Chuckity; 05-14-2021 at 11:07 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 10:45 PM

8,114 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...en-vaccinated/ Humm I wonder why? Either they know the vaccine and the pandemic are bs or they know that the vaccine may be dangerous. Which is it? To the liberals on this forum I would like to know why the people that have advocated so strenously for vaccinations why are half of those professionals refusing to do the very same thing they are asking all of America to do?
Lol, so much bs, so little time to address.

First of all if 60% are fully vaccinated that's already much more than the average for the US population. Get it?
Second, institutions/companies offer you to self report your vaccination status. I, for instance, didn't bother for close to three months.

Major thread fail. Next.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:57 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:

I do understand their arguments on mRNA vaccines, that they are experimental with not a long track record, but not so much the J&J vaccines. Fact is I've done more extensive research on mRNA vaccines than the average moderate/conservative, which is one of the reasons I got the vaccine. It doesn't help they scared everybody back in April over clotting with the J&J vaccine which was only a few cases, mostly caused by pre-existing conditions and the use of birth control pills.

There are people in both political parties refusing the vaccine. The percentage of blacks who have gotten the vaccine is around 25% or so overall I believe, and this is not widely reported in the media. It's around 60-65% of democrats vaccinated, around 35-40% of republicans. There's a Biden voter where I work who did not take the shot.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:41 AM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:

It is about weighing risks, but not necessarily seeing which one is better 51% to 49%.

Covid is over 98% survivable and not knowing your standard for the worst health emergency of your life, you did survive. So yes there is a risk that about 2% of the people that do get Covid die. Depending on your age and health conditions that may be up over 99% survivable. But then we have the vaccine. These are vaccines that have been around for about 6 months, no long-term studies have been done and there doesn't even seem to be a consensus on how long they are effective. You then have one health agency saying you still need to wear masks even if you are vaccinated, then just a few weeks later saying you don't.

But let's say that in 1-2 years they find that 10% of the people end up with severe complications from the vaccine. Would you still be willing to take the vaccine that has a 10% chance of complications for a virus that is over 98% survivable? After all it is still only a 1 in 10 chance you may have an issue. What if they found that 5% had severe complications?

Now of course we can't say that will happen, but you also can't say it won't...because the vaccine hasn't been around that long. As again remember that right now all of the vaccines are still being administered under an "Emergency Use Authorization", and while they are pushing for FDA approval it will still take several months for the FDA to review the data to even consider if they will fully approve them.

Old 05-15-2021, 02:38 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why don’t you ask all those apparent anti vaxxers at NIH why they haven’t gotten the vaccine.
Maybe they foolishly take Alex Jones seriously, who says millions are going to die from taking the covid vaccines. Because Trump took a vaccine, Jones doesn't expect him to run for president in 2024, because he will be dead by them.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:54 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:

Glad you're so trusting. You're also probably old as hell and just scared. Not living my life that way. I have an immune system. It works.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:47 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...en-vaccinated/ Humm I wonder why? Either they know the vaccine and the pandemic are bs or they know that the vaccine may be dangerous. Which is it? To the liberals on this forum I would like to know why the people that have advocated so strenously for vaccinations why are half of those professionals refusing to do the very same thing they are asking all of America to do?
We do not know that all of the unvaccinated people are refusing the vaccine.

We do not know that the professionals are refusing. Those with more education for the most part are not.

This is from February, 2021.

https://news.usc.edu/182848/educatio...sks-usc-study/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The doc next door and the nurse across the street, say HELL NO. You test it and I'll get back to you.
It is not an immunization. It is untested in human, gene therapy using nano particles, altering your DNA.
G5 and nano particles... look that up. Turn you on, and turn you off crap.
It is tested, including real world experience that confirms safety and efficacy, it is not "gene therapy" because it cannot alter your DNA, an "G5" is pure conspiracy theory nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Glad you're so trusting. You're also probably old as hell and just scared. Not living my life that way. I have an immune system. It works.
Some people with COVID-19 are being killed by their own immune systems: cytokine storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies