Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 06:00 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,294,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Well, that's exactly what I'm saying. It's based on completely voluntary self reporting. At my work everybody I know is vaccinated but the employer's count would be based only on whoever reported.
You have no idea of what employees did or didn't report at NIH. You just make crap up. Major fail on your part. Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 08:40 PM

37,094 posts, read 41,220,763 times
I do believe Dr. Fauci and the others said they did not know for sure and the figures they gave were estimates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Yep. I don't know what the current figure is on health care workers refusing the vaccine, but last I checked, the industry wasn't close to getting to the figure Fauci wanted vaccinated. That alone is telling.
People who refer to "health care workers" really need to be specific about who they mean. It has already been shown that higher education correlates with higher vaccine uptake. It is not physicians who are refusing the vaccine. Medical residents at Stanford University demonstrated when they were not offered the vaccine first even though they had daily contact with COVID-19 patients.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...order/2427372/

Physicians are taking the vaccine:

https://www.medicaleconomics.com/vie...vid-19-vaccine

"Marsha Taylor, MD, a family physician in Charlottesville, VA, was surprised when she saw media reports portraying rates of vaccine acceptance as low as 50% among healthcare workers. 'I kept seeing a media portrayal of skepticism among health experts of the vaccine. But based on what I was seeing in my own clinic, it was not the health experts—physicians—but clinical staff that were more hesitant.' To confirm her suspicion that it was not physicians who were declining the vaccine, Taylor posted a poll on two large physician-only Facebook pages. Out of nearly 3,000 physician respondents, 95% said that they had either already received or planned to receive their COVID-19 vaccine. 'This doesn’t match the reporting in the media,' says Taylor, who is concerned that the public is being misled by polls that lump healthcare workers into one category."

There are about 20,000 employees at NIH, of whom about 6,000 are research scientists. I would be surprised if those research scientists, some of whom are physicians taking care of COVID-19 parients, are refusing the vaccine.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/covid...-study-5097565

"Sun says this is why grouping all healthcare workers together is misleading and may encourage vaccine hesitancy with the public, even though the healthcare workers opposed to vaccination aren't necessarily the ones working with patients.

'I haven’t really seen many physicians refusing a vaccine,' Sun says, expressing concern that grouping all healthcare workers together is misleading and may encourage vaccine hesitancy among the public. 'I think physicians are a good population to look at because [doctors] have the highest educational attainment in medicine among healthcare workers. We are on the frontlines of care, interacting with patients, and have the highest risk of contracting COVID-19.'”

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
. Third, the vaccine doesn’t really work and the mutating virus is already breaking through the current vaccines we have. They won’t work long term, so what’s the point?

There’s dozens of other reasons as well. I’m just not interested. I truly think it’s been a conspiracy,
The vaccines are highly effective. So far there are no variants that completely escape the vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You mean erroneously claimed it was older in an attempt to discredit the direct words of the three directors?

The fact is all three know somewhere between 40-60% of their own people aren’t taking the vaccine. How DARE they try to belittle and dismiss the very real concerns of lay people and demand they take it at a much higher rate than their own people just to resume life.

And why are children still required to wear *beep* masks?
Asking when the segment was recorded was a legitimate question. There was no date on the video itself, and the YouTube posting date is not always the same as the date the video was created. I think the goal was clarification, not to discredit anyone.

Do you think the vaccine should be mandatory for NIH employees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Because they are asking ordinary Americans to do it or be stuck spending the rest of their lives gagged by a face mask.
Last I checked employees of those three agencies had pretty high education levels - or are you claiming it is only their cleaning people that are not vaccinated?
See above. Only 6,000 of the 20,000 NIH employees are research scientists. The rest are support staff with varying education levels, including the cleaning staff, just like in any other large research institution. Vaccine hesitancy correlates with lower educational attainment.

Old 05-15-2021, 11:36 PM

8,115 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You have no idea of what employees did or didn't report at NIH. You just make crap up. Major fail on your part. Next!
Next.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:44 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do believe Dr. Fauci and the others said they did not know for sure and the figures they gave were estimates.

People who refer to "health care workers" really need to be specific about who they mean.
Oh yawn. Look Ma, more links.

I couldn't care less what Marsha Taylor thinks (she doesn't represent all healthcare workers). Suddenly her opinion means more than Fauci, the pro-vaccine God?! Yeah, that make sense.

Here's a novel concept. How about we take the comment at face value (since any evidence to the contrary is conjecture), stop with the excuses, and start acting like objective human beings. I understand that may be difficult for those only trying to push one side of a narrative.

Last edited by dicipher; 05-16-2021 at 12:55 AM..

Old 05-16-2021, 01:00 AM

1,971 posts, read 1,099,528 times
Maybe they know Ivermectin is on the WHO's safest drug list and actually believe the data, link1, link2 , link3
Rather than risking a blood clot that could destroy your family - link1, link2, link3

Maybe they know this is nothing even close to the flu vaccine - link , link2
Quote:
As a matter of comparison: There are 20 to 30 deaths reported every year to VAERS related to the flu shot. That’s with 195 million receiving flu shots. Compare that to the COVID shot, which resulted in 2,602(over 4,440 now) reported deaths through 77 million vaccinations...That’s a stunningly high ratio of deaths to vaccinations, the highest for any vaccine in U.S. history,
And even that stat is way off, the Europeans are reporting more than double associated deaths with FEWER vaccinations. - link

Maybe they know they didnt even test the same vaccine we are giving to the masses - link
Quote:
During the clinical phase they only needed small volumes of vaccine, they were able to use very expensive techniques that delivered highly purified end products. Now that they have entered mass production, that is no longer possible ....The bacteria multiply the DNA in huge amounts, and this leads to new dangers or risks, particularly contamination
Maybe they know why the manufacturers refused to answer questions(bottom of page) about the mRNA lipid nanoparticles - link
Quote:
Damage to areas of the brain could result in the twitches and tremors that one sees, MS-type conditions\ \ WW: And injuries happening to the spinal cord – the cerebrospinal fluid … spinal nerves

VSK: Yes, one would have to prove that these lipids had got there. As soon as they are there – and this is in the publication in black and white – the cascade begins: oxidative stress, damage, apoptosis.

RF: How long does one need to hold one’s breath when one has been vaccinated. A lifetime, or does there come a time when you can relax again?

VSK: It depends on which damage you are observing. The lipids are there for 4 - 5 months. Damage can arise for as long as the lipids are there.
Maybe they know having the body make tons of fake spike proteins is a bad idea. -link1, link2 , link3 , link4

Maybe they know the truth..

Last edited by Rom623; 05-16-2021 at 02:26 AM..

Old 05-16-2021, 01:23 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
See above. Only 6,000 of the 20,000 NIH employees are research scientists. The rest are support staff with varying education levels, including the cleaning staff, just like in any other large research institution. Vaccine hesitancy correlates with lower educational attainment.
I only quoted that part of your post to save on bandwith, but my comment applies to the entire post:
While I don't doubt that C19 has been a legitimate global crisis & the vaccines will hopefully play a positive role, my hunch tells me two things - first, that you mean well; and second, that post is a perfect example of watered down gaslighting.

It's way past time the degree-attained "well educated" put their high horses out to pasture. In my line of work (healthcare policy), those with associates work closely with the masters/doctorate crowd and all levels in between. There is a high level of collaboration necessary to get powerpoints & webinars presented to both statewide & nationwide conferences, where a large cross section of healthcare, advocacy, and insurance professionals are in attendance. The knowledge shared & comprehension received doesn't just apply to those with advanced college degrees. And when a lot of my very long days are ending & I'm buttoning up my office for the night, I'm enjoying great conversation with the cleaning guy. The cleaning guy who retired from a sweet job but went back to work to supplement his pension to help cover his wife's medical care. It's enlightening what the masters & doctors crowd could learn from those they deem beneath them.

As for the current state of gaslighting (take your pick of subject, but in this case, the push for all to bow down & get the vaccine)....there's 3 groups when it comes to that: those who believe it because they're gullible; those who go along out of fear of ostracism, retaliation or job loss; and those who know it's gaslighting & are intentionally promoting it.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:30 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I only quoted that part of your post to save on bandwith, but my comment applies to the entire post:
While I don't doubt that C19 has been a legitimate global crisis & the vaccines will hopefully play a positive role, my hunch tells me two things - first, that you mean well; and second, that post is a perfect example of watered down gaslighting.

It's way past time the degree-attained "well educated" put their high horses out to pasture. In my line of work (healthcare policy), those with associates work closely with the masters/doctorate crowd and all levels in between. There is a high level of collaboration necessary to get powerpoints & webinars presented to both statewide & nationwide conferences, where a large cross section of healthcare, advocacy, and insurance professionals are in attendance. The knowledge shared & comprehension received doesn't just apply to those with advanced college degrees. And when a lot of my very long days are ending & I'm buttoning up my office for the night, I'm enjoying great conversation with the cleaning guy. The cleaning guy who retired from a sweet job but went back to work to supplement his pension to help cover his wife's medical care. It's enlightening what the masters & doctors crowd could learn from those they deem beneath them.

As for the current state of gaslighting (take your pick of subject, but in this case, the push for all to bow down & get the vaccine)....there's 3 groups when it comes to that: those who believe it because they're gullible; those who go along out of fear of ostracism, retaliation or job loss; and those who know it's gaslighting & are intentionally promoting it.
Bingo!

Old 05-16-2021, 01:56 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I got the vaccine. I had covid in December and it was by far the worst health emergency I have ever had to deal with. If the vaccine helps me avoid that scenario I am happy. I have yet to read an intelligent explanation as to why someone would not get vaccinated. Just my body my blah blah blah or some fear of some future issue the virus could cause that is based only on fear. Or at the extreme that Bill Gates and Fauci are trying to take over the world. blah blah blah. Just fear and ignorance.

None of these anti vax people can state why getting a vaccine is more dangerous than not.
Because there are no long term safety trials. Because adverse events are being under reported dramatically. The Harvard study done for the cdc shows only 1-10% of deaths/adverse events are being reported.

Because there have been more deaths from vaccine in 5 months than in the last 30 yrs from other vaccines.

Because I had covid, and it made me tired for 1 day. Lost smell/taste for 2 weeks. Antibodies were 3 times higher than they needed to be to be considered positive. My husband with 2 heart stents and high blood pressure had it and he was tired for about 9 days.

There have been some studies that suggest there is an increased risk of prion disease among vaccinated . They don't know what the long term effects will be.

All the drug companies pushing the vax have lost court cases related to fraud, damage causing drugs. The NIH is part owner of the Pfizer vax and has a profit motive to push it.

Remember the ads for DDT, with the baby that the script said " No flies on me, thanks to DDT!" Yeah...that was allowed to be used on people. It wasn't until years later that they found out how deadly it was. Or all the drugs later removed from the market because of how dangerous they were? Viox, Crestor, etc
And that the drug companies and drs started the opiod epidemic because of greed.

That our govt gave our military anthrax vaccines that harmed many soldiers.

That our govt repeatedly lies to us especially about covid, and shuts down any drs that question safety of treatments/vaccines. We've known its safe for kuds to go to school since last summer, but school unions have lobbied cdc (emails of that recently released), to keep them closed to try to get more money/benefits before going back. Fauci originally said masks were not needed. Then changed his mind. Then when they knew outdoor transmission was rare (less than 1%) last summer, still insisted on lockdowns which caused more infections.
Fauci also lied about funding this virus gain of function studies, so had a hand in starting this whole thing. There are documents from the Bat scientist thanking him for his funding thru NAID (part of NIH). He was the one who had the loophole put into the law banning gain of function research. I don't trust him.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:03 AM

4,515 posts, read 2,519,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Another "me" post. What about the people you could infect? Some people who have immune system issues will not have a strong response to the vaccine. You could kill one of them.
Then let the 95 yr old get vaccinated, if it's so effective.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:32 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,247,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Where in the world did you pull that one from?! Why don't we just keep throwing things against a wall and see what sticks?! That's insane you could just throw something like that out there with no information whatsoever to confirm it.
I pulled it out of seeing the staffing at research labs at universities with heavy NIH funding. Where else? Are you saying the cdc and nih hire a different demographic - not as young or as female? I have not been to either facility. Do you have the information to say I am insane in thinking this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies