Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 08:14 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
The Democrats will never do anything to address the out of wedlock birthrate within African-American communities, not in the sense of doing anything to lower it drastically.

This is not because senior Democrats believe that 7 out of 10 babies born out of wedlock and raised without fathers is a good thing; on the contrary, they know it's very problematic; they themselves didn't grow up that way and they would never want their children and grandchildren to grow up that way.

They are quite content to leave that demographic stuck with this very serious problem because that way, the Democrats' policies of entitlements, welfare goodies, and blaming "white supremacy" continues to get them votes. And they keep doing it because it has proven to work.

This is why non-underclass Democrats of all races who think/thought President Trump, conservatives, Republicans were/are people who put party over principle have no idea as to how thoroughly ironic their belief is and how utterly ignorant and naive their views are - their party has been doing the same for decades, to the very people the left deems "marginalized" and "oppressed."

This is also why liberal intellectuals defend "black identities" that include destructive traits like uneducated language usage, gangster rap, glorification of violence, disparaging schoolwork to the extent black students who try to study hard are bullied and mocked if not physically assaulted. Liberal intellectuals defend "black identities" of this type ostensibly to defend the right of blacks to be culturally unique, but they are in fact infantilizing and objectifying black people to the extent blacks are pets and mascots to their own (the liberal intellectuals') sense of moral superiority - "leave them alone, they can't help it, that's who and how they are."
Democrats are the only ones forming 501(c)3s to head off problem pregnancies among all underprivileged groups. Democrats are encouraging STEM, leadership skills, college readiness, on-level literacy, etc.

Look what demographic (voting democrats) are actually WORKING on the problem of poverty and hopelessness in the poor Black communities, rather than complaining about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 08:18 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Democrats are the only ones forming 501(c)3s to head off problem pregnancies among all underprivileged groups. Democrats are encouraging STEM, leadership skills, college readiness, on-level literacy, etc.

Look what demographic (voting democrats) are actually WORKING on the problem of poverty and hopelessness in the poor Black communities, rather than complaining about it.
And that's going to reduce the out of wedlock birthrate?

That's going to reduce black criminality (gangs)?

Those things may all be good and nice, but it is the Democratic Party which brought on the welfare state policies of the 1960s which destroyed the black family. If you aren't aware, you should look at black illegitimacy rates before and after the Great Society programs were devised and implemented. It wasn't the Republicans who did that.

Any comment on what I said about how Democrats exploit black people's problems for votes?

A rather emotional post. Let me see if you can refute anything I said.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
And that's going to reduce the out of wedlock birthrate?

That's going to reduce black criminality (gangs)?

Those things may all be good and nice, but it is the Democratic Party which brought on the welfare state policies of the 1960s which destroyed the black family. If you aren't aware, you should look at black illegitimacy rates before and after the Great Society programs were devised and implemented. It wasn't the Republicans who did that.

Any comment on what I said about how Democrats exploit black people's problems for votes?

A rather emotional post. Let me see if you can refute anything I said.
ABSOLUTELY it is. I see it working right here, in my community. Get girls involved in Robotics, or any career path, put successful role models in front of them who look like them (female black business owners or attorneys, techies, etc.) and give them something to shoot for.

Middle school girls are where you start reducing the out of wedlock birthrate in the future. Teaching them they can be somebody, not just somebody's baby mama. And I'm hearing women reject that term - as well they should. A "first baby mama" isn't a position of honor, it's exactly the opposite. It's a lowly position, with no power.

So, yes. Agencies like Friends of the Children, Jeremiah Project, Robotics, etc., lift girls up who turn into young women who desire more than to be a struggling single mom.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:54 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I agree. Let him try to rob me as a beat down like a silly clown would be coming for him.
You gonna put a beat-down on an 11 year old kid

Old 05-17-2021, 08:54 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:

Do they still have those midnight basketball games that were so successful?

Old 05-17-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Do they still have those midnight basketball games that were so successful?
I don't know what you're referring to.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY it is. I see it working right here, in my community. Get girls involved in Robotics, or any career path, put successful role models in front of them who look like them (female black business owners or attorneys, techies, etc.) and give them something to shoot for.

Middle school girls are where you start reducing the out of wedlock birthrate in the future. Teaching them they can be somebody, not just somebody's baby mama. And I'm hearing women reject that term - as well they should. A "first baby mama" isn't a position of honor, it's exactly the opposite. It's a lowly position, with no power.

So, yes. Agencies like Friends of the Children, Jeremiah Project, Robotics, etc., lift girls up who turn into young women who desire more than to be a struggling single mom.
On the grassroots level those programs are commendable.

However, the senior leaders of the Democratic Party continue to parrot the line of white supremacy, marginalization, oppression, and systemic racism. a Democrat politician who flirts with the idea of doing away with entitlements will see his/her career sink faster than a ball dropped from the top floor of a skyscraper.

You didn't address other points. Why not? Because you know it is true. On a party platform level, Democratic Party leaders will continue to keep poor black Americans hooked on entitlements while telling them they're victims. That's how they get votes.

I have made this point repeatedly this morning and you offer NO refutation of it. That's because you can't.

If I am wrong - then refute what I said about Democratic Party politicians keeping black Americans stuck in this cycle of dependence and grievance for the purpose of getting their votes.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
On the grassroots level those programs are commendable.

However, the senior leaders of the Democratic Party continue to parrot the line of white supremacy, marginalization, oppression, and systemic racism. a Democrat politician who flirts with the idea of doing away with entitlements will see his/her career sink faster than a ball dropped from the top floor of a skyscraper.

You didn't address other points. Why not? Because you know it is true. On a party platform level, Democratic Party leaders will continue to keep poor black Americans hooked on entitlements while telling them they're victims. That's how they get votes.

I have made this point repeatedly this morning and you offer NO refutation of it. That's because you can't.

If I am wrong - then refute what I said about Democratic Party politicians keeping black Americans stuck in this cycle of dependence and grievance for the purpose of getting their votes.
I have no idea the answer to your question.

What I see, is Democrats are the only ones trying to find a solution out of poverty.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:

What I see, is Democrats are the only ones trying to find a solution out of poverty.
Do you see Democrats letting in illegal aliens?

Do you know they aren't tested for Covid-19?

Do you know many illegal aliens have raped and killed Americans?

Do you know Democrats' policies have demoralized police and caused many to quit or to retire early and that many U.S. cities have seen double-digit % increase in violent crime?

Do you know many of the victims of this higher criminality are black people who can't afford to move to safer areas?

If you don't know any of this, then you may be better off learning more about what's happening. No one can know everything, but it's ironic that people like you claim Democrats are helping minorities when Democrats have harmed them for decades.

Did you know the Ku Klux Klan lynched whites and blacks who voted Republican?

Did you know that until the 1960s, black illegitimacy was roughly as low as white illegitimacy?

No?

Why don't you know these things?

You're saying you don't know because one cannot be guilty for defending a policy one isn't aware of. And that, ClaraC, is precisely where the Democratic Party wants you: unaware and compliant. That's how a very senior Democratic Party operative described the population in an email Wikileaks hacked.

Do you know who John Podesta is? He's the one who wrote that.

You didn't know about that email? You didn't know who Podesta is either?

Why do you talk when you know so little?

Old 05-17-2021, 08:20 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:

Right. Which is why black and Hispanic employment peaked under President Trump. Because Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies