Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2021, 10:39 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times

Advertisements

They need to remove him from his family and put him in foster care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 10:48 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They need to remove him from his family and put him in foster care.
Put him in juvenile detention first, then foster care. Foster parents also need to be vetted better.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:57 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just what I see. Black Americans are pretty much the most complained about group when it comes to city-data, and when it comes to what I see on the P&OC threads. I don't think it has much to do with being concerned about the well-being of Black people. What I see is alot of anger arrogance.
My perspective is that the left is pushing hard on this narrative about all white people being racist and really trying to make the entire discussion about race centered on whites oppressing everyone else. It’s like, they aren’t even going to have a discussion until you say you’re a racist and your opinion doesn’t matter. A lot of people including myself see this as fundamentally inaccurate and unfair, and believe that the black community really is doing itself a disservice when it ignores black on black violence and also this recent phenomenon of violence against Asians and other problems in its community.

I do happen to think there is still a lot of racism in this country and there have been a lot of racist government policies that were designed to keep black people from succeeding, particularly under Nixon. But when the whole narrative is a “woe is me” sort of discussion it distracts from the real issues that actually can be solved if there is enough intent, focus and will to do so.

I think, however, this is not going to happen. We have fully entered into an intellectual dark age where truth and logic are cast aside in favor of identity politics, virtue signaling, tribalism and group think. I just hope we again can move into a place where we as a society value truth and reason.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Years ago it was suggested linking birth control to welfare and one of the Reverends came out and said that would be racial genocide and the idea quickly went away.

My thought is the AA community should demand it. Majority of AA can't like what is going on.
Well, there is a reason most African-Americans won't go for it. Distrust After decades of pulling the "lazy Black person" trope and "welfare queen " trope, there's no trust. Just a feeling of "you think we're lazy and you want us to have fewer kids".

And cutting back welfare isn't going to solve other issues. Single motherhood would be a big thing with or without welfare. This "I don't need a man" mantra is to be looked at as well. Alot of kids raised by single mothers are latch key kids. Likely, mom is at work and the kid is left unsupervised for several hours. All kinds of trouble said kid could get into. Cutting back welfare won't solve that issue.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:30 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Years ago it was suggested linking birth control to welfare and one of the Reverends came out and said that would be racial genocide and the idea quickly went away.

My thought is the AA community should demand it. Majority of AA can't like what is going on.
I agree. This would be labeled genocide and feminists would get worked up over "a woman's right to choose" even though everyone else is limited by the number they can support.

Additionally, the payoff wouldn't be visible for years so politicians wouldn't receive the required amount of adulation or air time for it.

Another solution would be to put disadvantaged children into government-run boarding schools 5 days a week teaching them the habits necessary to be successful. (Israel did something similar early in it's history.) Kids would go home on weekends and holidays as long as their home was safe.

Birth control and/or boarding schools would work and they would be both legal and ethical. Neither will happen though unless Black America demands it.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:46 PM

Another part of single motherhood involves teenage pregnancy. In some cases, the mom's mom was also a teen mom. This is part of why I think tying welfare and birth control together won't work. Many females are just reckless. Teenage girls sleeping with males who were never going to be father or husband material. And then another situation comes up. Teen mom lives with her mother, or the grandmother gets ends up caring for teen mother's child.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:30 PM

34,051 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
I know this is not Opie Taylor. At the same time, in this country, we don't try youths as adults untll their are in puberty/teenage stages. This is a pre-pubescent kid who should have been put in a juvenile facility, not the adult facility.
I view that as a local decision, to determine the age where they opt to try violent youths as adults.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I view that as a local decision, to determine the age where they opt to try violent youths as adults.
In that case, it is up to the local government. You might want to see him tried as an adult, but it isn't up to you.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:30 AM

34,051 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
In that case, it is up to the local government. You might want to see him tried as an adult, but it isn't up to you.
It is not up to any individual. We all may contact our representatives to air our pov, but in a representative form of government, they are the closest we come to airing our povs, be it you , I, or 310 million others.

The direction in recent years, in aggregate, governments have taken is trying younger offenders as adults when the crimes are violent and not by one time offenders.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:06 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
What do you do with a 5th grader? He is a baby. Just write him off? How do we fix this. The child is on his way to becoming a hardened criminal, dead before 20, or locked up for life. Just tragic. How do we fix this? What a tragic waste of a life. He vpold have been anything if he was raised right in a safe environment.

Stumped.
YES! Lock up the vicious little criminals before he kills someone. He is a monster, likely raised that way. And it has NOTHING to do with race (I haven't looked to see what he is), if he's committing these acts he's a monster. Lock him up for the good of society. Consider releasing him if he truly shows good behavior and signs of rehabilitation in 10 years or so.

The "justice" system should focus on what is good for society, for innocent, useful, productive people. Instead it often seems more focused on being "nice" to violent criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies