Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 09:01 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
One of the two suspects arrested in connection with the attack of an elderly Asian man in San Leandro, Calif., is reportedly an 11-year-old boy with a lengthy criminal record.

The 11-year-old is believed to be the third suspect who drove the getaway vehicle.

Sources told Dion Lim of ABC7 News that the boy possesses an “extensive criminal history,” having been arrested for robberies and carjackings on April 12. He was allegedly involved in at least two other robberies before.

Police also discovered that he was "driving a carjacking vehicle that was stolen on May 10 in Oakland."

Given his young age, the boy was eventually released into the custody of his mother.

https://news.yahoo.com/11-old-arrest...163854263.html
He will be dead before he is 20.

Just another example of a violent culture with no fathers and condemns education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 09:51 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Both parents in the home are what a kid needs. That, we can agree on. Sometimes it doesn't work. Just the same, I suspect if that kid had been born into a stable, functional, two parent home, he would certainly be much better behaved.

There are some people who blame high crime rates among the Black population on welfare. I disagree with that. What was driving the crime rate among Black Americans in 1960? 1950? 1940? What was driving OOW birth rates in the 1950s? This is why I disagree with the idea that cutting off welfare would end the problem. That some people are bringing up welfare, this is why I go, and do my research.
LBJ's War on Poverty started the destruction of the black family. Before that, intact black households rates were similar to white. Baby mommas were unheard of and having a child out of wedlock was considered a scandal.
Then the '60s hit, and we've been in a downward spiral ever since. Behaviorally, morally, ethically, educationally.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
The story happened over a year ago. Wonder where the kid is today?

Can't check him out since we have no name.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:44 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
LBJ's War on Poverty started the destruction of the black family. Before that, intact black households rates were similar to white. Baby mommas were unheard of and having a child out of wedlock was considered a scandal.
Then the '60s hit, and we've been in a downward spiral ever since. Behaviorally, morally, ethically, educationally.
I disagree with you. And this is why. Black Americans were leading the country in out of wedlock birth rates, single parent homes, and fatherless homes. Black people have always lead the country in divorce rates too. The rates of intact families in the Black population may have been higher back then than today. However, they did not match that of White families. In fact, as back then, as it is today, Black families were less likely to be intact than anyone else. This was a problem BEFORE the 1960s. Daniel P. Moynihan wrote about it up to the early 1960s. This was a big problem BECAUSE LBJ's War on Poverty. Dr. E. Franklin Frazier, a Black sociologist, wrote about the high rate of fatherless homes and single motherhood in the late 1930s. This has always been a problem in the Black population. 3rd wave feminism, this "I don't need a man" mentality, made it worse for everyone (not just Blacks) towards the 1970s.

Again, answer this question. What was driving the higher rates of crime, divorce, single motherhood, fatherless homes, and broken homes within the Black population BEFORE the 1960s?

Old 06-17-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That is really sad.

11 is a kid. 6 or 7th grade. That is a KID. They should be playing with toys, playing sports outside. Life should be fun and easy at that age. The poor black inner-city meat-grinder just chews these kids up and spits them out.

I don't have an answer.

Politicians don't seem to care. What can I do on my own? I don't even know what to do. By 16 the kid is a hardened criminal with a long record and almost certainly too late to save.

It sucks and it is horrible. It is bad all the way around. These children don't ask to be born and raised in these inner-city war zones. They amount to hostages in concentration camps, but once they are hardened criminals, what are we supposed to do? It is too late.

This is unbelievable sad and frustrating.
When I was 11 years old, I was playing baseball. I was watching TV shows like The Secret World of Alex Mack, Doug, and Rugrats. I was making trips to the neighborhood creek, and searching for minnows and frogs.

That kid was set up for failure from day one. No word about his father, or who his father is. The mother, well, I suspect she failed him. And if this kid is 11 years old and committing all kinds of violent crimes, it's possible that he's in a gang. If something isn't done to turn him around, he might be dead by age 13. There is a possibility that someone may have killed him already. This is the ghetto we're talking about.

No one really has any good answers because kids like that aren't the kind of people they are beholden to. This is just my opinion. I think some people are waiting for places like Oakland to gentrify themselves out to where people like said 11 year-old won't be there. Gentrification is literally the #1 thing many people are looking for. While it doesn't drop the crime rate in the immediate city, alot of criminal elements get exported to other places.

You have a point about things being too late. Very often, when you get alot of violent criminals (especially if they are 16 years old and older), it's too late. They've been this way for so long there's nothing that can be done. You can lock up violent criminals. However, the environment that produces violent criminals still exists. And the #1 solution many people look to solve that problem is gentrification. While gentrification has its merits, it also has its downsides, and it's only a band-aid.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:33 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,059,025 times
No dobt he will kill someone when he gets older.....and that innocent someone will have no gun to protect themselves.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
No dobt he will kill someone when he gets older.....and that innocent someone will have no gun to protect themselves.
Or he might get killed himself. It's not unheard of for kids who get involved with violence very young to die before reaching 16.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:45 PM

This OP is about an 11 year-old criminal. Look up Robert Sandifer. He got involved with violent crime by the time he was 8. He was in a gang. He quit school by age 8 and was breaking into cars and houses. He committed a murder at age 11. Soon after he committed his murder, he was murdered by members of his own gang. He was 11 when he was murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Sandifer

Old 06-18-2022, 06:39 AM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This OP is about an 11 year-old criminal. Look up Robert Sandifer. He got involved with violent crime by the time he was 8. He was in a gang. He quit school by age 8 and was breaking into cars and houses. He committed a murder at age 11. Soon after he committed his murder, he was murdered by members of his own gang. He was 11 when he was murdered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Sandifer
Boy that just goes to show that even though these kids think they find a family to belong to the family could turn on them like rabid dogs. What a sad deal. Why do people allow this stuff to continue? The no snitch rule is bad. People have to break up these gangs that terrorize neighborhoods. It can be done but the whole community needs to come together to do it.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:08 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
These juvenile criminals should be put into a military academy, then when adults , the military.

I don't see any other way to correct a person like that. Lock up or the streets will only continue the path of criminal behavior.

The only way to truly break the cycle is educating children in school, teach them that the foundation for a prosperous future is a strong family unit. Instill those morals at an early enough age so when they move on and become parents, they actually parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies