Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 05:30 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

True colleges have become nothing more than Marxists indoctrination camps!

https://justthenews.com/nation/cultu...rican-citizens

Old 05-15-2021, 07:12 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

It is sad when foreign citizens that lived in the U.S. see this fact more so than many of the woketard sheep born/raised in America do.
Michael Oren also wrote what is arguably the best non fiction book on the Six Day War ever written. Highly recommended if Israel's history interests you at all. I read it when I lived and worked in Tel Aviv from 2011-2014, and immediately read it again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Days_of_War

Old 05-15-2021, 07:50 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
How quickly they forget...

From your link:

Quote:
"It has to do with what's going on internally," [Michael] Oren said. "A country that right now, we see, that can't figure out how best to police itself, is not going to be busy policing the world, and is not in a position to project major power almost anywhere, almost any circumstances.

"So that is a very big difference from, say, the early '70s, because the United States, you know, then turned around and waged a successful first Gulf War. And plus, you know, operations in the Caribbean, were able to project power and then win the Cold War."
So, whatever happened to "America First"?

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Trump later incorporated the slogan into his daily repertoire following a suggestion and historical comparison by David E. Sanger during a The New York Times interview in March 2016. In subsequent months, candidate Trump promised that "'America First' would be the major and overriding theme" of his administration, and advocated nationalist, anti-interventionist positions.

Following his election to the presidency, "America First" became the official foreign policy doctrine of the Trump administration. It was a theme of Trump's inaugural address, and a Politico/Morning Consult poll released on January 25, 2017 stated that 65% of Americans responded positively to President Trump's "America First" inaugural message, with 39% viewing the speech as poor. Trump embraced American unilateralism abroad and introduced policies aimed at undermining transnational organizations such as the European Union, and often critiquing them on economic terms. In 2017, the administration proposed a federal budget for 2018 with both Make America Great Again and America First in its title, with the latter referencing its increases to military, homeland security, and veteran spending, cuts to spending that goes towards foreign countries, and 10-year objective of achieving a balanced budget...

A number of scholars (such as Deborah Dash Moore), commentators (such as Bill Kristol) and Jewish organizations (including the ADL and JCPA) criticized Trump's use of the slogan because of its historical association with nativism and antisemitism. Others have argued that Trump was never a non-interventionist. Columnist Daniel Larison from The American Conservative wrote that "Trump was quick to denounce previous wars as disasters, but his complaint about these wars was that the U.S. wasn't 'getting' anything tangible from them. He didn't see anything wrong in attacking other countries, but lamented that the U.S. didn't 'take' their resources" and that "he never called for an end to the wars that were still ongoing, but talked only about 'winning' them."
Trump's "America First" policy has been described as a major factor in the international isolation of the United States, and critics have described the policy as "America Alone." Do you seriously believe that Trump the man who scorned the "elites" at American colleges and universities would be receptive to any ideas that originated in academe? Even if Trump had been open to academic discourse, the "America First" ideology is NOT one that is taught in our colleges except perhaps to explain how wrong these sets of ideas are.

What has finally moved Michael Oren to speak up is that Trump is now safely out of office, so that the backlash from Trump and his acolytes will be somewhat muted. I imagine that many Jewish statesmen have been deeply concerned every since Charlottesville when the Proud Boys marched through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us!" Trump put the icing on that especially noxious cake by calling the PB's part of the "good people on both sides."

May God preserve us all from falling into that category of "good people" as defined by Trump.

Conservatives should at least be aware enough of their recent history to take responsibility for their policies and actions. Trying to pretend that some professor in a tarnished ivory tower is responsible for years of Trump think is as false as it is ludicrous.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:19 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
How quickly they forget...

From your link:

So, whatever happened to "America First"?

From Wikipedia:

Trump's "America First" policy has been described as a major factor in the international isolation of the United States, and critics have described the policy as "America Alone." Do you seriously believe that Trump the man who scorned the "elites" at American colleges and universities would be receptive to any ideas that originated in academe? Even if Trump had been open to academic discourse, the "America First" ideology is NOT one that is taught in our colleges except perhaps to explain how wrong these sets of ideas are.

What has finally moved Michael Oren to speak up is that Trump is now safely out of office, so that the backlash from Trump and his acolytes will be somewhat muted. I imagine that many Jewish statesmen have been deeply concerned every since Charlottesville when the Proud Boys marched through the streets chanting "Jews will not replace us!" Trump put the icing on that especially noxious cake by calling the PB's part of the "good people on both sides."

May God preserve us all from falling into that category of "good people" as defined by Trump.

Conservatives should at least be aware enough of their recent history to take responsibility for their policies and actions. Trying to pretend that some professor in a tarnished ivory tower is responsible for years of Trump think is as false as it is ludicrous.
Wow.

Directly to the TDS (you know he isnt in office anymore, right?), and having no commentary on the widespread and racially toxic leftist political propaganda in our school systems, which was the OP's topic. OMG! Look over there!

Old 05-15-2021, 08:31 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:

He never used the words marxist indoctrination camps or anything remotely similar. I don’t know how you draw that conclusion from his interviews? He most certainly doesn’t believe that and enjoys teaching at some of the most prestigious universities.
I think he would be angry at your words and would strongly disagree.
He is doing a book tour so there is a lot of press and interviews to review if you are so interested.
Imo you have grossly mischaracterized his views to fit your own narrative. I am very familiar with his career and public statements.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:51 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Wow.

Directly to the TDS (you know he isnt in office anymore, right?), and having no commentary on the widespread and racially toxic leftist political propaganda in our school systems, which was the OP's topic. OMG! Look over there!
Do you deny Trump's America First policy? I see that you give your location as "Arabia." Perhaps the news sources there were lacking in their coverage of what has been going on the United States. Stating what was Trump's avowed policy during all his four years in office is hardly TDS. It's merely a statement of fact that you can Google for yourself. It is TDS to live in some ever shifting never-never land where you ignore inconvenient truths only to resuscitate them at some later point when it serves your narrative to do so.

If you can provide me with links that explain how "racially toxic leftist political propaganda in our school systems" has become so completely ubiquitous, I would love to check them out. All OP has is a single former Israeli Ambassador who obviously has an ax to grind and wants to draw the US into yet one more quagmire in the Middle East because "Hurray for his side."

I look forward to your reply with links with the greatest of interest.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Do you deny Trump's America First policy? I see that you give your location as "Arabia." Perhaps the news sources there were lacking in their coverage of what has been going on the United States. Stating what was Trump's avowed policy during all his four years in office is hardly TDS. It's merely a statement of fact that you can Google for yourself. It is TDS to live in some ever shifting never-never land where you ignore inconvenient truths only to resuscitate them at some later point when it serves your narrative to do so.

If you can provide me with links that explain how "racially toxic leftist political propaganda in our school systems" has become so completely ubiquitous, I would love to check them out. All OP has is a single former Israeli Ambassador who obviously has an ax to grind and wants to draw the US into yet one more quagmire in the Middle East because "Hurray for his side."

I look forward to your reply with links with the greatest of interest.
And the op completely mischaracterized what that single former Israeli ambassador said. Oren has some some really interesting stuff about Jews finally being accepted into Ivy League schools in the 70s and how that changed the things in the most powerful political families.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:14 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:

So a guy who went to "College" is now telling us that "Colleges" are bad?

Hilarious!

Old 05-15-2021, 09:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So a guy who went to "College" is now telling us that "Colleges" are bad?

Hilarious!

I assume he went to college when it wasn’t a hotbed of far-left, anti-American proganda.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I assume he went to college when it wasn’t a hotbed of far-left, anti-American proganda.
Why assume. You can just look it up and then be informed. Try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies