Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 03:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I wonder who is paying for this free stuff. I never got a vaccine before at CVS or Walgreens, but is the flu vaccine 'free'? If it's free, why would they do it? Does your insurance company pick up the tab or US taxpayer?
LOL, i just noticed i misspelled flu. Anyways.

Your insurance company is billed for it, its a preventative measure, so its free for most people, not all. The most I have ever seen it cost was $20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 03:08 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Much better if gyms were offering to waive 1 month of fees for members, and new-members. Or if insurance companies were offering a reduction in premiums, then fast food places offering free high-calorie food.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:15 AM

Quote:
1 hamburger won't make you obese, but Americans have an obesity problem, and this is just feeding bad behaviors, literally.
The OP argued against free stuff in general, so it wouldnt matter if it was a free burger, or a free assortment of vegetables.

As for your argument, again, healthy people eat fast food as well, we dont bash people in general just for eating it, its the over use and over indulgence and this argument just assumes to much for my tastes.

Quote:
Also, smoking an entire pack of cigarettes won't do anything to you either. But we don't give away 1 pack because we're afraid it could lead to a lifetime of smoking.
Yes, because we already have laws against the promotion of cigarettes, but also because cigarettes are purchased vendor style and its lost profit not just for the place giving it away, but from the cigarette company as well.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Much better if gyms were offering to waive 1 month of fees for members, and new-members. Or if insurance companies were offering a reduction in premiums, then fast food places offering free high-calorie food.
food being high or low calorie doesnt affect your health, its balancing it with everything else that does.

I feel like most of use get a very rushed health course in high school and then never really understand any of the above, because again, thats not really how it works.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:31 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
I had never heard the term TDS until I visited this board. If it hasn't been used yet, I think CDS would definitely apply to many; Covid Derangement Syndrome. I never thought I would see so much of the public acting this insane over a virus with a 99% survival rate.
Propaganda works and the MEDIA, Democrats and Corporations are masters at it. They've brainwashed the weak minded which unfortunately are many. The entire Covid response and restrictions were totally unnecessary.

A guy in another thread likened the Covid masks to wearing pants.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:08 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Who is DeBlasio appealing to with this ad anyways?
Probably overweight Conservatives who this type of food appeals to and who don't want to get vaccinated.
Like leading pigs to a slop house.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
food being high or low calorie doesnt affect your health, its balancing it with everything else that does.

I feel like most of use get a very rushed health course in high school and then never really understand any of the above, because again, thats not really how it works.
Like I said, smoking 1 pack of cigarettes doesn't either. Smoking 1 pack of cigarettes won't take even 1 second off your life span.

But smoking is addicting. So is high calorie food high in sodium. The majority of Americans are overweight/obese. This means they don't have healthy eating habits, so encouraging them to eat more burgers isn't helping.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Who is DeBlasio appealing to with this ad anyways?
Probably overweight Conservatives who this type of food appeals to and who don't want to get vaccinated.
Like leading pigs to a slop house.
This is NYC, very few conservatives there, but a lot of fat Black and Puerto Ricans who are staunchly Democrat.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:45 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
It continues to puzzle me that people who supported the last administration's covid response refuse to comply with the actual execution. This was the plan, come up with vaccines by the end of the year, vaccinate, herd immunity. In that order.
The plan is to vaccinate 75-80%, and this wasnt Biden's plan, the other 20% are supposed to be people who have a reason not to get vaccinated, not people who just now realize that a phase 3 trial is.
I am over it, let businesses decide who they let in as they always have, if you dont want to get vaccinated then dont, lets see what happens, by this point if you wanted to get a vaccine you should have.

Old 05-17-2021, 05:47 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
1 hamburger won't make you obese, but Americans have an obesity problem, and this is just feeding bad behaviors, literally.

Also, smoking an entire pack of cigarettes won't do anything to you either. But we don't give away 1 pack because we're afraid it could lead to a lifetime of smoking.
It definitely sends the message that health and fast/junk food are related. There are those too who will simply think because the government is offering it, it must be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies