Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 10:29 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times

Advertisements

I'm not worried. Soon the insurance companies will say get the vaccine or we'll triple your rates. See how many anti-vaxxers hold out then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 12:11 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
I'm not worried. Soon the insurance companies will say get the vaccine or we'll triple your rates. See how many anti-vaxxers hold out then.
This is the scenario you hope for?

Old 05-19-2021, 03:12 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
I refuse to buy into that idiotic 'Obama care', so go right ahead.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:18 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is the scenario you hope for?
Yes. The immunocompromised should not have to live their lives in fear because anti-vaxxers refuse to get the vaccine.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:43 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Yes. The immunocompromised should not have to live their lives in fear because anti-vaxxers refuse to get the vaccine.
Since the people who are most resistant to the vaccine are inner city minorities, you must be another white supremacist.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:08 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
I don't think this is about the vaccine... it's about fear.

Fear pushed many to get the vaccine. Now fear is pushing those who got the vaccine to pressure other people to get the vaccine.

Your fears have nothing to do with those choosing not to get the vaccine. Your fear is your problem.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:39 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Bribing people with clogged arteries for an emergency booster shot.

Well done, Democrats.

Old 05-19-2021, 11:40 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
If you’re obese, your rates are already tripled.

Old 05-20-2021, 07:07 PM

121 posts, read 164,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
My doctor was so vindictive because I politely declined the vaccine that I was cut off medical care for my incurable medical disease that can kill me. I even had the hospital clear out the medical records portal so that I cannot access lab and test results anymore or look at past notes. The hospital even cleared the records from other places where I see a different doctor there for a different problem. I have no idea what the doctor said to the hospital to have them do that.
Wow, what a horrible excuse for a doctor! He or she should have their medical license revoked. I hope you find a practitioner who can help you - maybe one who practices functional medicine or a naturopath? At least they look for and treat the actual cause instead of just treating the symptoms with drugs and surgeries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
That's crazy. My dad was almost assaulted by the doctor because he didn't take it. And we are convinced he already had the virus and hasn't been sick since.

The assault to take an experimental vaccine that is still in trials just shows me why nobody should ever take this crap. Not sure why anyone trust big pharma, but people think they get their rights back. You had those rights, you let the government take them and then like a 4 year old give them back if you play by their rules. The fact they will be forcing kids to take it is absolutely criminal.
Wow, that's crazy about your dad's doctor. Another M.D. that should lose their license. Whatever happened to "first do no harm"?

I agree with the rest of your post. Very well-said.

Quote:
This is interesting...

China’s covid vaccine drive is lagging. Free food could help turn things around.
In China, where the coronavirus outbreak has been largely contained since the middle of last year and where vaccine makers initially focused on exporting doses, the domestic rollout has been slow, with only about 4 percent of the population vaccinated, according to health officials.

Whoa..whoa... low rates of infection from the virus? ...and they are forcing vaccines? It's like the CCP and American liberal elites are one in the same.

They are the epicenter of the virus, and they have low rates of infection. Yet other countries are faring much worse than China. And somehow we are supposed to believe that this is a natural borne infection. The nature supposedly happened in China and somehow everyone else is faring much worse... now it's India getting the blunt force of the virus. It just doesn't pass the smell test.
I'm surprised at China's low rate of infection too. I remember our alarmist media trying to start a panic last year over 1,000 people dead in China. I couldn't believe their audacity. Certainly Americans would see through their fear-mongering and realize that 1,000 is out of a population of almost one and a half billion, right? Nope. Most people bought right into the panic without a second thought. And now to find out that it's basically always been a non-event over there like it is here. (Even though the media, politicians and pharmaceutical companies would like to convince you otherwise.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Propaganda works and the MEDIA, Democrats and Corporations are masters at it. They've brainwashed the weak minded which unfortunately are many. The entire Covid response and restrictions were totally unnecessary.

A guy in another thread likened the Covid masks to wearing pants.
Yep! Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how gullible people have been. The ones at the top have always known that you have to control the media to control the population. Such a sad state of affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Oh, we have a drama queen.

I never had the flu vaccine, never had the flu either. I'm 54, I should have gotten it by now, but I guess no.

My (ex)wife seemed to get it every year, around the same time too like clockwork. She'd be unable to get out of bed for a few days, and shake from fever. But nothing to send her to the hospital over. I'd just give her water, tea, maybe a Tylenol. I'd take care of her, sleep next to her, and that virus never managed to get me sick.
I have seen convincing research that the people who get the flu shots are the ones by far most likely to get the flu each year, and I have noticed that is true among my family and friends. I also read a well-cited article that demonstrated why those who got the flu shot last year were more vulnerable to Covid. I think my brother, who was my only family member who had a flu shot last year, had a case of Covid at the beginning of 2020. Nobody else in close contact with him who hadn't had a flu shot got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
FYI, I have voluntarily obtained the COVID vaccine. I am not anti-vax. I am anti-manipulation, anti-coercion, and anti-compulsion. What NYC is doing reeks of manipulation which ties in with my earlier comment about subsidizing behavior.
Thank you! I appreciate your attitude. I am mostly anti-vax (depends on the vax and the individual situation) for a number of reasons - for myself and any friends or family who solicit my opinion - but I would never try to manipulate, shame or coerce somebody with regard to medical treatments or any other personal matter.

Thank you for extending to me, and those like me, that same courtesy. I wish you the best and excellent health for you and yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Explain to me why they're 'smart' for wanting a vaccinate against a virus that in most cases won't leave them with any symptoms?
I don't get it either. I think it must be that they haven't taken a close look at the real data and just trust the authorities way more than I ever would. To me it's like playing Russian Roulette with no chance of a pay-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
My teen is very smart and doesn’t want the vax, neither do a lot of her friends.
Same with my nephews, thankfully. They are super smart, very high IQs, (honor classes and all that), and they see right through the BS.

Quote:
I should not be forced to receive what to me is poison because somebody else has fear. And if the vaccines actually work, why are they afraid? (Plus, I'm sorry to say but I don't think any of these experimental vaccines are going to help their immune systems... even if it wasn't already compromised.) There are natural treatments that actually work though. So maybe they should look into that instead of trying to force others to be responsible for their fear.

Quote:
I don't think this is about the vaccine... it's about fear.

Fear pushed many to get the vaccine. Now fear is pushing those who got the vaccine to pressure other people to get the vaccine.

Your fears have nothing to do with those choosing not to get the vaccine. Your fear is your problem.
Yes, thank you!

2020 is the year that people became so afraid of dying that they willingly gave up everything good about living. And it turns out there was very little to be afraid of in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Thats all it is... About Control and its sick!!
Yes, you are right. And too many people still cannot see it.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:58 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419 View Post
I have seen convincing research that the people who get the flu shots are the ones by far most likely to get the flu each year, and I have noticed that is true among my family and friends. I also read a well-cited article that demonstrated why those who got the flu shot last year were more vulnerable to Covid. I think my brother, who was my only family member who had a flu shot last year, had a case of Covid at the beginning of 2020. Nobody else in close contact with him who hadn't had a flu shot got it.
It's my personal experience as well.

Though, it could just be that people more susceptible to the flu are more likely to take the flu shot. The flu vaccine does not work [I know some people will dispute this, but it's true].

I'm also not sure if this vaccine craze is good. Vaccine for certain life threatening viruses - ok. But yearly vaccines for something like the flu? I think there will be long term ramifications on someone's immunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies