Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 09:35 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course NHS is censoring the story...It's complete bull crap....The thing I find funny is that you actually think those sites are credible.
lol what about those sites got you so triggered? Didn't read all of them and maybe some of them are not sog reat, but the Twitter links from that lady Sarah Sussman https://twitter.com/sarahsuss/status...92924951801857 and https://twitter.com/sarahsuss/status...12226214760448 are legit and actually, sympathetic for anyone with a heart for someone suffering. She isn't anti-vaxx, she got the Pfizer vaccine 1st dose and had bad side effects and her docs diagnose transverse myelitis, some others got Moderna vaccine and got seizure disorders which Vaers and some doctors have been documenting. She's reporting that some, obviously not most but some people have bad side effects from the vaccine, and again the mrna vaccines are very new with less than a year safety data so of course some people are going to have bad side effects. Like we keep saying, a lot of the pro-vaxxers are their own worst enemies, and the dismissive, arrogant attitudes among some of them are why, despite the most expensive ad campaign in history (something like hundreds of billions of dollars on all the "get the vaccine" ads), the US vaccine campaign results are at best maybe mediocre, less than half of American adults fully vaccinated and the experts pointing out the United States will never reach herd immunity because of this. https://news.yahoo.com/us-probably-w...140917582.html

A lot of this is because too many in the pro-vaccine crowd, instead of taking people's real and legitimate concerns account, just point fingers and go immediately into shaming, which acts as a turn-off to fence-sitters and dismisses real concerns that people have, even other pro-vaxxers that got the vaccine and got bad side effects. The biggest failure of the pro-vaccine campaign in the USA so far is probably refusing to provide enough protection and compensation for people harmed by the vaccine. The mature and adult thing to do, would of been to say that the vaccines overall are pretty safe (that's probably true and even us fence sitters will usually agree with it), but as with any new drug or vaccine there are some cases where people are hurt, because everybody's body is different and drugs do different things in different people. So you say, the vaccine is going to be safe and help most people, but we should allow people are harmed to sue the vaccine makers, or at least compensate them if they're hurt. Instead a lot of the pro-vaxxers go right into attacking mode against individual people and families (many pro-vaxxers themselves) who are badly hurt because they're so desperate to push the obviously false claim that the vaccines are completely 100% safe. Just ROFL, no drug is that and it's such an obvious lie that raises more doubts in fence sitters and pushes us further away. Here's a bit of advice on making a sale to those of you who do this, attacking normal individuals without an agenda who are doing nothing than reporting the harm they suffered from a still unproven medicine, which always happens at least in rare cases even for something that may be otherwise safe, is a pretty sure-fire way to make the undecided people not only doubt your claims, but refuse to take the vaccine just to get under your skin.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:09 PM

8,154 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I expected that. You have no proof or you’d have already posted it to prove what you say.

Why are only 40-50% of NIH employees vaccinated?
Lol, proof what? You are welcome to view the flu data for any season you want. Pay special attention to the positive rates:

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/fl...dashboard.html

In regards to the NIH, you are welcome to go to the thread about that. I'm not going to repost same stuff.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

Covid Jabs Have Killed More People Than All Vaccines in the Last 20 Years Combined

Ya, you go be the clinical trial.
Are you saying the Trump vaccine is dangerous?

Old 05-16-2021, 02:54 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,952 times
I am not sure if it is me only but I feel like mood on CD forum right now is exactly like it was about 5 months ago - then it was about voter fraud now it is about vaccine killing people or proof that it will, same sort of random documents without any authenticity, same sort of youtube videos, same sort of random statements from random people...Jeez

Old 05-16-2021, 02:54 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Both can and do cause clots.
They can. But the relative risk and numbers are far stacked in favor of the disease causing havoc.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Covid is the magic virus. It’s magically made cancer, diabetes, heart disease, the flu, etc..., all but disappear.
It has not. Other diseases causing deaths were up in 2020 as well. Heart and cancer. Mainly due to people putting off preventative and more urgent care. Either out of fear of accessing HC or inability due to Pandemic protocols causing roadblocks and delays. Roughly 1/3 of excess deaths in 2020 were non-Covid.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

Covid Jabs Have Killed More People Than All Vaccines in the Last 20 Years Combined

Ya, you go be the clinical trial.
I'm no fan of the covid vaccine, but I just simply do not believe this at all.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Besides the rare J&J stories, most people only have a sore arm and COVID like symptoms for a day with especially the second shots. Are there some that are more, yes. But why are we looking at the outliers when the majority have minor inconveniences?

Old 05-16-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Besides the rare J&J stories, most people only have a sore arm and COVID like symptoms for a day with especially the second shots. Are there some that are more, yes. But why are we looking at the outliers when the majority have minor inconveniences?
Ah, why has there been so much alternative-right medical misinformation being dispersed during the Pandemic? I would bet on the political, but what do I know?

Old 05-16-2021, 03:46 PM

15,844 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Ah, why has there been so much alternative-right medical misinformation being dispersed during the Pandemic? I would bet on the political, but what do I know?
Short answer: Putin.

The political right has been steadily indoctrinated into disbelieving mainstream news sources, which makes them fabulously easy to manipulate through disinformation. It is to Russia's advantage to magnify the amount of discord in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies