Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 02:56 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I you get these things, I dont understand posting FBI stats on it then.

Nope, sadly still live in the same area. I have been saving up to find a more liberal area.

Homophobes come in every size and shape, color, and region: but as even you admit its proportional and political.

Im sure there are homophobes on the left, but they are few and far between and our Party rightly purges them. We have even gotten to a point that black homophobes are being told to change or leave.

The right doesnt do that. We cant pretend like this is a "Both sides" issue.
"I'm sure there are homophobes on the Left, but they are few and far between". Your kidding right? Last I saw the most homophobic group by race are African Americans, the most Dem group by race. The most homophobic Religion by far, Islam. As a matter of fact, there are not any gay Muslims, a group that is almost entirely Democrat
Source CNN:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/us/lg...ess/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Who banned them from going?

NYC Pride.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:58 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm a data guy. I'm not claiming that is the EXTENT of the issue.

I'm claiming that it gives you an idea of the shape of the attacking demographic for the serious and minor (unreported) incidents.
But it doesnt, thats my point.

Working as a Democrat in Alabama, I also work with LGBT Youth organizations because I want the lives of gay kids who come after me to be better than mine was.

Do you know how many times I have been working with one of those groups, and a councilor has walked in crying because he/she is on the their 4th child in a day that they have to try to place in a temp home ? or had to personally bandage up from being beat on at school and the school did nothing ?

This isnt just underreported. its point blank not reported unless there is enough bodily harm that no one can pretend anymore, and even then sometimes it still goes reported as "just a fight".

Based on your second post, I think you have a good heart, nothing wrong with being a stats/data guy, But issues like this where some people wouldnt even want to identify as part of a group are not even close to being reported properly.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:00 PM

Default ce try

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"I'm sure there are homophobes on the Left, but they are few and far between". Your kidding right? Last I saw the most homophobic group by race are African Americans, the most Dem group by race. The most homophobic Religion by far, Islam. As a matter of fact, there are not any gay Muslims, a group that is almost entirely Democrat
Source CNN:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/28/us/lg...ess/index.html
I am black.

Most black people arent leftist. Most black people also arent Democrats ( voting for, and being one arent the same thing )

But if you make this argument, please never make a " why do conservative black people vote for Dems" thread again.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So now gay pride parades represent protest against the police ?
What happened to being proud of being gay ?
No. As far as I know, only NYC Pride is doing this. Not all gay pride events.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:09 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Naw, homophobia is still a thing, people just disguise it in big cities; However in small towns, they just dont care and beat the **** out of you .
How's a pride parade going to change that? I've run into a few parades in SF and they make me think LESS of the whole "gay expression". Thankfully I know some normal ones otherwise I'd probably be as homophobic as those small townies you're talking about.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How's a pride parade going to change that? I've run into a few parades in SF and they make me think LESS of the whole "gay expression". Thankfully I know some normal ones otherwise I'd probably be as homophobic as those small townies you're talking about.
Never understood this logic.

I have been to spring break in Panama City Beach, and Mardi Gras in both Mobile and New Orleans.

If pride would make you homophobic, then you are just homophobic.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I was in Chicago a few years ago for pride and there were shootings and violence. Not anti gay as far as I know but just some, shall we say, wayward souls looking for trouble. Plus the whole Boystown neighborhood was just trashed afterwards. It turned me off big time and especially now that gay pride also means anti police.

No, it doesn't.

Old 05-16-2021, 03:22 PM

18,335 posts, read 8,162,371 times
ok, so now gays are discriminating against gays that are cops

Old 05-16-2021, 03:25 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
ok, so now gays are discriminating against gays that are cops
What about the traffic cop in the village people, he was a beloved icon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies