Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 12:32 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

This euphoria and optimism is hillarious in America. It's a fast declining country.

I see far, far, far more obese people in their 20s than elderly. The elderly in America are looking better than a vast majority of those in their 20s.

I see more atheletes in majority older demographic areas like Laguna Woods, North County San Diego and North Scottsdale than anywhere else.

I notice alot of people in their 20s and 30s also are devoloping "whiskey nose" because they drink the stress of this complicated era away.

Americans main form of entertainment is drinking, eating and driving when they are not staring at TV.

The main form of entertainment in America is eating. It can be 68 degrees and the parks are almost empty in much of this country.

There are less people walking around the cities with millions of people than small towns had walking around generations ago.

Severe Obesity is just becoming so common in the United States that it is nothing unusual, compared to the 1980s and 1990s.

I have to say it is incredible how many Millennials are morbidly obese, 48% said they gained 41 pounds but I think they are underestimate and have gained much more weight.

They were saying that a majority of Americans would not be obese until around 2030 and I think that is extremely optimistic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...dy-ncna1267496

https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...-weight-change

https://time.com/5751551/us-obesity-by-state/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 12:40 AM

121 posts, read 41,537 times
America is not fast declining.

But there are too many people who watched to much rubbish during the pandemic and were too afraid to go outside because of unscientific propaganda. Here in LA, I'm just trying to find a bike route that spares me from having to dodge a homeless encampment.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:47 AM

4,508 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Food additives, sugar, and raw food amount intake are the main reasons for obesity. When you go to a country etc where most people are thin it’s not because they all work out hardcore, it’s because their food is healthier on average, they put like zero sugar in it and naturally eat less.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Obesity kills more people than Covid in many ways, including being a major risk factor for Covid19.

It's as if they want us to be unhealthy as possible.

At a certain point, high BMI takes more years off your life than smoking a pack of cigs for years.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
This euphoria and optimism is hillarious in America. It's a fast declining country.

I see far, far, far more obese people in their 20s than elderly. The elderly in America are looking better than a vast majority of those in their 20s.

I see more atheletes in majority older demographic areas like Laguna Woods, North County San Diego and North Scottsdale than anywhere else.

I notice alot of people in their 20s and 30s also are devoloping "whiskey nose" because they drink the stress of this complicated era away.

Americans main form of entertainment is drinking, eating and driving when they are not staring at TV.

The main form of entertainment in America is eating. It can be 68 degrees and the parks are almost empty in much of this country.

There are less people walking around the cities with millions of people than small towns had walking around generations ago.

Severe Obesity is just becoming so common in the United States that it is nothing unusual, compared to the 1980s and 1990s.

I have to say it is incredible how many Millennials are morbidly obese, 48% said they gained 41 pounds but I think they are underestimate and have gained much more weight.

They were saying that a majority of Americans would not be obese until around 2030 and I think that is extremely optimistic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...dy-ncna1267496

https://www.apa.org/news/press/relea...-weight-change

https://time.com/5751551/us-obesity-by-state/
I'm not sure about that. The parking lot at my local Planet Fitness fairly often looks about full. For people too lazy or shy to go to the gym, or just want a program that directs them how to eat less, I bet Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig are making more money than ever, even though the food they send out isn't very good. Further, I think my local park has somewhat more people there for a 3 mile walk or run than pre pandemic. There are always people who need to walk their dogs. Seeing obese people around serves to remind me I need to keep weighing under 200 lbs.

It might help if those fat people would go to a doctor for a check up. If tests find they have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and are pre-diabetic, that might be enough to motivate them to start regularly exercising, change diet and lose weight.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:06 AM

6,109 posts, read 3,344,280 times
78% of the bad Covid outcomes (death and serious hospitalization) were obese people, according to the CDC.

So NBC saying “don’t worry about it” is just more of their typical BS.

On a side note, the CDC also lies. So I’m not even sure if their data is real, or politically driven.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:13 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Obesity is an epidemic far worse than covid and is evidence that America is in a steep decline. I've opted out and run about an 11% body fat currently and ideal BMI.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:41 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

REsponse: Opinion

I said it before and I'll say it again.
What was your excuse before Covid Fatty................

Old 05-17-2021, 03:54 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
Its difficult to keep weight off for most folks, but it can be done and if it can't, a person can still eat right. But no matter what, fat or thin, why do people wear cloths which make them look worse: women who are in stretch pants, men in tank tops with the fat coming out...

A person can be large or fat and still look decent. Of course a person can be very thin and still dress bad also...I guess it comes down to taste.

Old 05-17-2021, 03:57 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Food additives, sugar, and raw food amount intake are the main reasons for obesity. When you go to a country etc where most people are thin it’s not because they all work out hardcore, it’s because their food is healthier on average, they put like zero sugar in it and naturally eat less.
That is a small part of it, but in general, people eat way too much of the wrong things that taste good (carbs, fat etc) and exercise way too little. Portion control is lacking and they make poor food choices. They use food as Entertainment and are just lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies