Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did we have to much muslim immigration?
Yes 139 69.15%
No 62 30.85%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 03:55 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Um... are you seriously arguing that there aren't tons of inbred Christians in fundie circles? Come on. Have you ever been to West Virginia or Kentucky? What religion do you think these folks subscribe to??
Have you been to those 2 states? Most people in those states are not inbred.

Inbreeding is a problem in isolated areas of Appalachia. That's a common problem worldwide when talking about isolated areas.

The Amish have problems with inbreeding as they don't marry non-Amish if they want to stay Amish. To their credit, the Amish are willing to adopt children that come from outside of their community which helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 04:01 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The wife of the husband involved in the San Bernardino terrorist act was not a U.S. citizen. She was a radical Muslim. Her husband was a citizen but was radicalized by her. She should never have been allowed into our country as with a little digging it would have been discovered her connection to terrorism. Someone needs to get their facts straight! They were both guilty but if she hadn't been allowed into our country I doubt that the massacre would have happened. The husband didn't seem to have those tendencies until he met and married her. He went to Pakistan to be with her for awhile and came back radicalized.
A more fruitful discussion would be surrounding the causes and prevention of homegrown terrorism. Immigration is not the cause of the issue nor would homegrown terrorism suddenly go away if we were to restrict immigration.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Americans are brainwashed into believing that unless you marry someone of another race, you're inbred. The reason for this is because the government wants to promote exogamous marriages in order to help integrate/assimilate the country and prevent parallel societies. Societies where people marry their cousins tend to be very tribal/clannish.
Per the bolded --- Where did you get that nonsense? If anything, first generation European-Americans were expected to marry someone from the same ethnic group. When a child defied that, they were disowned many times.

My mother, aunt and uncle were raised with the idea that they had to marry within their ethnic group. In fact, my grandfather often would try to find what he considered to be a suitable man for my mother. In the end, my mother didn't listen to him and married outside the group, as did my aunt. My uncle married within the ethnic group and of all the siblings, he was the one who ended up getting divorced FWIW...

Old 05-17-2021, 04:08 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't see a problem. We're not getting mobs of desperate uneducated refugees like Europe. Furthermore, I don't get down with any American nativism because for the good of the country a lot of the native white population ought to be sent back to Europe, honestly.
Are you freaking kidding me? Looks what's going on at our southern border right now and has been for decades now! I don't care if they are refugees, asylees or illegal aliens they are indeed uneducated, unskilled and poor "immigrants".

WTH does nativism have to do with wanting immigrants who will benefit our society rather than burden it? WTH do you mean that a lot of the native white population should be sent back to Europe? WTH for? And most of our white population aren't immigrants they are native born citizens. You can't send them back to a country that they never were citizens of! You're racism is showing!

Old 05-17-2021, 04:08 PM

23,555 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
What happened in San Bernadino has pretty close to ZERO to do with Muslim immigration as the shooter was a US-born American citizen. Both that attack and the Jan 6 attack on the capitol relate to home grown domestic terrorism. Separate issue.
And the other shooter was a radicalized Muslim immigrant who also had a full part in planning it and who was allowed to slide through the vetting process without being fully vetted.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:11 PM

Who's restricting immigration per se? We just want immigrants to come here legally and in reasonable numbers. We should restrict immigrants who have ties to terrorism, duh! The woman of the husband of the San Bernardino killings was a radical Muslim and should never have been allowed to migrate to our country and she pulled the trigger right along with her radicalized U.S. born husband!

Old 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- Where did you get that nonsense? If anything, first generation European-Americans were expected to marry someone from the same ethnic group. When a child defied that, they were disowned many times.

My mother, aunt and uncle were raised with the idea that they had to marry within their ethnic group. In fact, my grandfather often would try to find what he considered to be a suitable man for my mother. In the end, my mother didn't listen to him and married outside the group, as did my aunt. My uncle married within the ethnic group and of all the siblings, he was the one who ended up getting divorced FWIW...
1) If first-generation immigrants are expected to marry their own ethnic group and be disowned if they don't, that has nothing to do with America, but rather the culture of their former country. I'm discussing America, its culture, and the ideas promulgated by its institutions.

2) Nice anecdote, but what does any of that have to do with the bolded? Let me repeat again... Americans are brainwashed into believing that unless you marry someone of another race, you're inbred.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The problem is that there is no assimilation any more. They don’t think of themselves as Americans first, they think of themselves as displaced Palestinians, Somalis, Syrians, etc.

Since there is no assimilation, I’m in favor of the borders being closed and even forced deportations.

I am in favor of immigration where any person wants to be an American and immerse themselves in our culture and make America a better country. But again, we just aren’t seeing very much of that anymore.
Well the groups you mention above aren't coming through our borders they are flying in here but I agree with you either they are committed to being Americans or there is no need for them to come here then. I also don't see the type of assimilation that we had by immigrants decades ago. It started back in 1965 when the floodgates were opened to too many too soon.

As for deportations that should be for illegal aliens not legal immigrants unless they violate their terms of their green cards, etc.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:24 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanRubbish View Post
Google is your friend, but NY Times story below.

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/01/w...nbreeding.html
Thank you an 18 years old article on 1 country, a little different from the "50% for Muslims" that you posted.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:32 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't see a problem. We're not getting mobs of desperate uneducated refugees like Europe. Furthermore, I don't get down with any American nativism because for the good of the country a lot of the native white population ought to be sent back to Europe, honestly.
Huh, what! Check out our southern border states. Desperate, uneducated, illiterate, poor “asylum” seekers who pay coyotes to dump their kids over the fences or leave them in the desert to die. We were a more prosperous country over all when Whites were the majority. There was less income equality then than now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies