Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did we have to much muslim immigration?
Yes 139 69.15%
No 62 30.85%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:20 AM

1,153 posts, read 630,800 times

Advertisements

Depends.

Most Muslim immigrants I've known from Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia, Yemen, Turkey, etc. have been very successful, educated, and hard working people who contribute greatly to society and avoid lives of crime. And there's not many of them in the USA to begin with.

That said, the assimilation aspect could make many of them two-faced when it comes to their allegiance to this country so I can see the concerns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 09:21 AM

424 posts, read 175,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The problem with Islam in the USA is its complete incompatibility with our own laws and culture. Attempts to create Sharia courts in order to sidestep our own legal system is another potential issue. The only way a Muslim can become compatible with life in the States is to be a bad Muslim who does not follow Islamic orthodoxy.
Have you read the Old Testament of the Bible? The only way a Christian can be compatible with life in the States is to be a bad Christian who does not follow the Bible. Do we have stonings and do we cut off people's fingers for stealing? Are adulterers killed? What about women who wear pants or people who wear two different fabrics together?

Do you actually know any Muslims? They're generally about as stringent about Islam as Christians are about Christianity. Some follow many of the rules (i.e. Muslim women who wear hijab and Christian women who only wear dresses), some follow only the "most important" rules (i.e. going to church/mosque on the holy days, celebrating Christmas/Easter/Ramadan/Eid), and some follow basically none of the rules. None follow ALL of the rules.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Have you read the Old Testament of the Bible? The only way a Christian can be compatible with life in the States is to be a bad Christian who does not follow the Bible. Do we have stonings and do we cut off people's fingers for stealing? Are adulterers killed? What about women who wear pants or people who wear two different fabrics together?

Do you actually know any Muslims? They're generally about as stringent about Islam as Christians are about Christianity. Some follow many of the rules (i.e. Muslim women who wear hijab and Christian women who only wear dresses), some follow only the "most important" rules (i.e. going to church/mosque on the holy days, celebrating Christmas/Easter/Ramadan/Eid), and some follow basically none of the rules. None follow ALL of the rules.
Do you know of any American Christian sects who currently prescribe law based on the teachings of the Old Testament here in the US? Please enlighten me.

And yes, to answer your question, I am in fact friends with a couple Muslims ... who are considered bad faithless Muslims for their refusal to adhere to the Koran. They aren’t the Muslims I worry about.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:28 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Certain orthodox sets of them, correct. Certainly not the majority.
So you are agreeing that all religions have radical subsets? Good.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:30 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
There are ultra-orthodox Haredi Jews that follow their own system of law. I’m not aware of any American Christian sects that do.
FLDS would certainly qualify.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyAndTheBoatman View Post
Basically you don’t want the right wingers of the muslim world.
I don’t want to put out a welcome mat for “right wingers” of *any* religion that puts their own laws above all else, and prescribes physical punishment or death for heresy.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:32 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times
Let's great real - Muslims only make up 1% of the American population. They are twice as likely as native Americans to have a household income over $100k.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Let's great real - Muslims only make up 1% of the American population. They are twice as likely as native Americans to have a household income over $100k.
Can you offer a link for your stats on this?

Old 05-17-2021, 09:38 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
We should allow people of any race or faith who believe in the ideals of our Constitution, and whose presence here benefits the country as a whole. Our immigration should be orderly and intentional, not the chaotic mess it is now.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:45 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
We should allow people of any race or faith who believe in the ideals of our Constitution, and whose presence here benefits the country as a whole. Our immigration should be orderly and intentional, not the chaotic mess it is now.
How do you check that? How do you tell if an immigrant is loyal to the constitution or his holy book upon arrival?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies