Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 PM

15,180 posts, read 7,220,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yeah I don't support this. If you can't afford to raise a kid don't have one.

If we do go to some form of UBI, it should be universal.
People have sex, it's the third strongest drive after sleeping and eating/drinking. It doesn't help that red state governments don't provide much in the way of medical care for women, so many of them can't get birth control easily. Way to be super classist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
They aren't and neither is continually increasing them year after year, shifting more of the cost of childcare onto those that don't even have children.
The child tax credit has been around for a long time. This just spreads it throughout the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Tax is supposed to be (and should be) a fee exacted by the government for the cost of services rendered by the government to the citizenry (we can also have the discussion as to which services, exactly, the government should offer). Thus, those who require more of said services should be paying more. Those who require fewer of said services should be paying less. Does a family of two or a family of six generally require a greater number said of services or fewer of said services?

The referenced OP policy is bass ackwards.
Kind of hard to pay more when you are in the bottom quarter of income, and can barely pay your bills as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Why should we have to foot the bill for people making stupid decisions like Impregnation of spawn they Can’t afford to have?

The government should pay people money to obtain common sense.
People get pregnant, it's a biological imperative. Birth control doesn't always work, nor do tubal ligations - a friend of mine's wife had a kid after a tubal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I was a stay at home mom and I can guarantee you that I never received a $300 stipend per month per child.

A tax credit simply reduces your tax burden when you have dependent children which only seems fair. But this payment appears to be going to anyone with a children, whether they are employed or not, whether they pay taxes or not.
The child credit was at least partially refundable, which means you got it even if you didn't pay any taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
How about if people can't afford kids, they stop having them. Instead of encouraging them to have more kids to get more of our tax money, you hand out birth control. I work hard for my money and don't want my taxes going toward those that want to sit at home and make more babies so they can be supported by the government. I hate this administration so much. 2024 can't get here fast enough.

Biden isn't an idiot. He has dementia. Those that voted for him are the idiots.
No one is sitting at home making babies to collect more child tax credit. Something like 80% of welfare recipients work.

Trump was the idiot, and anyone who voted for him is a brain dead moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I have seen enough medicaid cards to know people have 5-10 kids when they can't afford them. Welfare and this program encourage more babies. They need birth control more than they need more money. Think about the children being brought up with nothing. Joey is doing this for more votes and that's it!
Very few have 5-10 kids. Welfare and this don't encourage kids, as this isn't enough money to cover the cost of the kids. I suppose you want to see kids begging in the street, like in third world countries.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:58 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,051,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
People have sex, it's the third strongest drive after sleeping and eating/drinking. It doesn't help that red state governments don't provide much in the way of medical care for women, so many of them can't get birth control easily. Way to be super classist!

The child tax credit has been around for a long time. This just spreads it throughout the year.

Kind of hard to pay more when you are in the bottom quarter of income, and can barely pay your bills as it is.

People get pregnant, it's a biological imperative. Birth control doesn't always work, nor do tubal ligations - a friend of mine's wife had a kid after a tubal.

The child credit was at least partially refundable, which means you got it even if you didn't pay any taxes.

No one is sitting at home making babies to collect more child tax credit. Something like 80% of welfare recipients work.

Trump was the idiot, and anyone who voted for him is a brain dead moron.

Very few have 5-10 kids. Welfare and this don't encourage kids, as this isn't enough money to cover the cost of the kids. I suppose you want to see kids begging in the street, like in third world countries.
Poor planning on folks parts doesn’t constitute for free stuff because they’re too stupid to budget they’re lifestyle.

Can’t feed em don’t breed em.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:02 AM

15,180 posts, read 7,220,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Poor planning on folks parts doesn’t constitute for free stuff because they’re too stupid to budget they’re lifestyle.

Can’t feed em don’t breed em.
Must be nice to live in a perfect dream world where birth control doesn't fail and is freely available to all. Your statement is not realistic.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Must be nice to live in a perfect dream world where birth control doesn't fail and is freely available to all. Your statement is not realistic.
You’re assuming it fails so often versus folks simply not using it. It’s called being responsible and taking a responsibility for one’s actions. Adoption is also an option.

My statement is extremely realistic, especially when it comes to folks that let it happen repeatedly.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:06 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,447,917 times
Quote:
Some forms of birth control are dirt-cheap, and doubled up (like condoms and spermicide) will stop almost all conceptions. The few that fail don’t account for all these babies women have when they can’t afford even one.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’re assuming it fails so often versus folks simply not using it. It’s called being responsible and taking a responsibility for one’s actions. Adoption is also an option.

My statement is extremely realistic, especially when it comes to folks that let it happen repeatedly.
Yup. And the traits that leads poor people who can’t afford to have babies from using birth control are the same traits that keep them poor: lack of responsibility, poor discipline, and bad decisions.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:15 AM

4,302 posts, read 1,620,979 times
I think it’s time for me to start having kids. I’m going to wait and see if this ends up permanent first.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:28 AM

I know a couple with seven kids. Does that mean they are going to get $2100 each and every month? Taxpayers are already paying a fortune to educate them.

Ridiculous.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I know a couple with seven kids. Does that mean they are going to get $2100 each and every month? Taxpayers are already paying a fortune to educate them.

Ridiculous.
Bingo

Old 05-18-2021, 11:50 AM

19,934 posts, read 8,835,636 times
can we get some child tax credit reparations? Or is that just for this current generation of losers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies