Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2021, 04:06 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That should be challenged in court. Either a fetus has a right to life, which is true according to US fetal homicide laws, or it doesn't, which is what the pro-abortion contingent believes. Can't have it both ways.
We can have it both ways. We do have it both ways. There are fetal homicide laws. And abortion is legal. We have it both ways, and everything is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 04:11 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Women of any ethnic background abort for similar reasons. Clinics are usually in a big cities. Again just because one is in the neighborhood won’t make women who want to give birth, suddenly want abortion.
Location, Location, Location.
Quote:
All women are intelligent enough to know what abortion is and does.
and yet do it anyway.

Old 05-29-2021, 04:15 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
The higher rate is due to individuals deciding to have sex out of wedlock at a very high rate. Jesse Jackson is wrong, you are wrong, and the people having unprotected sex out of wedlock are wrong. Decisions have consequences. Reality. Getting pregnant out of wedlock has consequences. Reality. Better decisions will lead to better outcomes. Reality.
Why are so few Blacks marrying?

Old 05-29-2021, 04:18 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No it’s not. If it was, the law would allow men to mandate abortions for women.
It should. Women can mandate the killing of men's offspring without their consent. Good for the goose = good for the gander. Anything less is a violation of the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause.

Old 05-29-2021, 08:08 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Why are so few Blacks marrying?
Don’t know. The numbers need to reverse though.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:34 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
That ignores the fact that numerically, White women have more abortions than either Black or Hispanic women. It therefore would make more sense for PP to locate abortion facilities in White neighborhoods where most of their clients/patients are instead of in minority neighborhoods. Locating abortion facilities in minority neighborhoods targets minority women for abortions. Consequently, Black and Hispanic women have higher abortion rates than White women even though they have far greater access to taxpayer-funded contraception services via Medicaid, etc., as they have higher enrollment rates in such programs.

Why can't people see what's going on? Black and Hispanic women have greater access to taxpayer-funded free or very low-cost contraception, and are also specifically targeted by PP for higher rates of abortion. It's quite clearly a manifestation of a white supremacy intent to limit minority populations. Not surprising since PP's founder Margaret Sanger was a white supremacist who had the exact same intent.

Some have noticed the heavy emphasis on targeting minority women for abortions, including Rev Jesse Jackson who said, "Abortion is black genocide...What happens to the mind of a person and the moral fabric of a nation that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience?"
I will believe Margaret Sanger was a white supremacist as soon as I see a couple of her comments that show her to be one. I'm not saying she wasn't...it's just that I've seen several of her statements that people see as signs of her being a white supremacist, that I've looked up explanations for, that make me not think that.

I know I like at least part of her though. She had controversial views (for the time...now birth control is not controversial, unless it involves abortion...and she disliked abortion). She saw things...ethics...that a large percent of society did not see, and she fought for things things, with what was pretty obviously, at least in part, a goal of helping people.

__________________________________________________ ______________

It looks like impoverished people tend to get more abortions...and I don't know why that is, and nobody
else seems to know either. https://www.guttmacher.org/infograph...and-low-income

With that in mind, black and Hispanic people aren't exactly in the top tier of wealth, on average. That could be one explanation.

__________________________________________________ __________

I definitely disagree with your view that "it's quite clearly a manifestation of white supremacy."

About six in 10 abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are white.
Fewer than one in 10 abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are black.
Some 13% of abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are Hispanic.

https://www.guttmacher.org/claim-mos...borhoods-false
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happens to the mind of a person and the moral fabric of a nation that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience?

Regarding that comment of yours'...About ninety percent of abortions take place in the first 12 weeks or so.

The question we should be asking ourselves is not..."What happens to the moral fabric of a nation that accepts the aborting of the life of a baby without a pang of conscience" but, rather "What happens to the future of a nation in which citizens don't realize that, if a life form doesn't experience pain from death...that death does not harm the life form" and the lack of that realization leads people to bring most pregnancies that would otherwise be aborted into the world...pulling children into existences that their parents didn't initially want, when those children would have lost nothing from merely never coming into the world?

That's the type of society we should be concerned about...much more so than a society that feels no guilt about abortion.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:45 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
It should. Women can mandate the killing of men's offspring without their consent. Good for the goose = good for the gander. Anything less is a violation of the Constitution's Equal Protection Clause.
The Equal Protection Clause is pretty vague and has been extended to cover a variety of questionable things...so, I suppose someone could translate it to mean that. There are a lot of other ways to translate it though. Maybe someone could translate it to say that we can't prevent pedophiles from becoming teachers. After all, there has been some back and forth argument about whether or not it applies to sexual orientation, in addition to its original purpose of preventing states from discriminating against blacks...and some psychologists argue that pedophelia is a sexual orientation.

Now...common sense would tell us that there are reasons not to hire pedophiles as teachers that go beyond shallow forms of discrimination that would be someone's reason for not hiring black people due to skin tone.

However, in the exact same way, so far as I can tell, common sense would tell us that it would make no sense to give a father the legal right to insist that the woman get an abortion.

Common sense also tells us why it makes sense to have laws that punish forced abortions, but that do not punish abortions in general.

I've been over that before though...awhile ago. Even if both parents had the right to choose whether or not to get an abortion, there'd be a tie - two people with a disagreement. That couldn't be a solution.

Old 09-21-2021, 03:34 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Default Supreme Court To Hear Oral Arguments Challenging Roe V. Wade In December

Should prove to be interesting. Can't imagine they'd have enough cohonies to reverse their bad ruling and give the power back to the individual states where it belongs.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-wade-december

Old 09-21-2021, 03:44 AM

6,109 posts, read 3,344,280 times
I think the Democrats want SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade, that way they can energize their base and possibly win the 2022 elections.

Republicans are so stupid, they’ll probably play right into the Democrat’s hands on this whole thing.

Abortion needs to be a state issue and the federal government needs to stay out of it, period.

If Hawaii and California want to kill future humans, why should I care? If Texas wants to force as many births as they can , or make the woman fly or drive to New Mexico, again, why should I care?

Old 09-21-2021, 04:07 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Technically, I believe the original decision in 1973 WAS unconstitutional, but it was part of the mores of the time. If the SCOTUS follows the Constitution, as is their job, then abortion rights should return to the states. Some states will allow it up to the point of birth; others will have laws that consider the pain and suffering of a nearly full-term baby and restrict it to the first 16 weeks; and a few will probably outlaw it altogether.

I see no issue. For the 1% or so whose birth control failed, and who want to abort, Planned Parenthood can take the money it saves in the "pro-life" states and have a fund that transports would-be mothers to the adjacent state where they can get an abortion. Also, people who don't like the rules of a pro-life state could move to a more liberal one, or not move there in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies