Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 06:48 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
If it's time to overturn a decision that has been the law of the land for 50 years and is supported by over 60% of the American people, then it might be time to expand the court to correct that.
I don't think they will overturn the law, just put in restrictions like only first trimesters can get abortions unless the mother is at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 06:54 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m at the point I believe our culture is already terminal so why should I care what people want to do with their own children? If you want to kill them before they are born I have other things to worry about.

Just look at people these days, half of them are whacked in the heads lunatics. It’s beyond me and my moral compass to help them.
Fetuses, not children.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:57 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I don't think they will overturn the law, just put in restrictions like only first trimesters can get abortions unless the mother is at risk.
They are ruling on a pretty narrow area, pre-viability

Old 05-17-2021, 07:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's part of the man's body too. It's his sperm in there that created the fetus that is 1/2 his. His body his choice. It's also a human life in there. Human life's body human life's choice. Oh wait, the man and the fetus don't have a say now do they?
Men need to mend their own sperm. Women can mind their own uterus.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:10 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm fine with making it up to the states. Let the red states reap what they sow. However, make each state pay for the result. No getting federal funds for the massive increases in medical, welfare, schools, reduced lunches, foster care, etc. Because that is going to be the result. People who want and can afford children are rarely the problem, the ones red states will get are the poorest, likely born drug addicted, least educated and the ones that will cost them the most. It's very sad but true. Also, good luck attracting big companies to their Gilead.
I’m shaking my head, as the Texas heartbeat bill heads to Governor Abbott’s desk.

It will be interesting (to me) to see if this has any effect (especially re announcements) on the plans of any large employers.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Oddly enough the same red hatted crowd was just up in arms about the "I ain't taking that vaximination. The gubmint ain't gonna tell me what to do with my body."

My body, my choice only applies to themselves, apparently.
Yep women should be denied abortion and forced to give birth, but think having to wear a mask and refusing to get vaccinated is a big deal.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Yep women should be denied abortion and forced to give birth, but think having to wear a mask and refusing to get vaccinated is a big deal.
The equivalent to the mask mandates would be if women were mandated to get abortions. If that ever starts happening, we know who will be championing that effort also.

Old 05-17-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The equivalent to the mask mandates would be if women were mandated to get abortions. If that ever starts happening, we know who will be championing that effort also.
Someone telling an adult what they should do with their own body, despite their own wishes is the equivalent. Don’t wanna wear a mask or get vaccinated, don’t. Don’t try to dictate what another adult should or shouldn’t do with their life.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:24 PM

163 posts, read 55,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's part of the man's body too. It's his sperm in there that created the fetus that is 1/2 his. His body his choice. It's also a human life in there. Human life's body human life's choice. Oh wait, the man and the fetus don't have a say now do they?
In where? That's right...in the WOMAN'S body. Until men are able to carry a baby to term, their opinion does not and should not carry equal weight to the woman who is the one carrying to term, and assuming all the risks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The Republican Party and their base are remarkably consistent at being hypocritical.

They are pro-life only until the baby is born. Afterwards forget it. They dont work this hard to make sure WIC and other assistance programs are well funded. They dont work this hard when it comes to education. They dont work this hard to make sure people are paid a living wage. They dont work this hard to end state sanctioned murder, not just of black people on the street, but the more organized version known as the death penalty. It's perfectly fine to kill grown living, breathing adults with thoughts and heartbeats, yet not ok when its a fetus.

If one is not personally able and willing to care for a baby from birth to adulthood, you have ZERO business telling someone else they have to. MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!

Old 05-17-2021, 08:41 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Not that I particularly care about abortion, but I'm terrified of Evangelicals having control of our country. A doomsday cult that thinks the bible has precedence over the Constitution. The only worse people to have in power are communists or Islamists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies