Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 11:43 AM

156 posts, read 153,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California had the best approach. San Francisco had the lowest case rate, the lowest death rate and the highest vaccination rate of any large city in the nation. Los Angeles had one really bad breakout but that's not surprising given the large number of non-English speaking population there, many of whom have essential jobs and couldn't work from home.

A lot of the deaths in Texas, Arizona and Florida last summer, before the vaccines came out, were preventable. They were too lax on masks and shutdowns.

Other than being a total disgrace to this country, CA has never been the best at anything. A lot of deaths in every state were preventable. And CA had more deaths than any other state, by a lot, which is kinda expected with their population and overall stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 12:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,807,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Then why did you libs go crazy after Texas lifted restrictions?
I'm not a liberal, I'm a conservative. Did not go crazy about any restrictions placed or lifted. Sorry to burst your bubble, I just stick to facts, which is why I'm a conservative and not a lib.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:39 PM

4,596 posts, read 3,260,876 times
Well, can we all agree that OP was a little premature when he figured Texas was out of the woods with no deaths last Sunday? I hope so.

The Houston Chronicle had an article the next day which read, in part:

Texas records zero COVID-19 deaths for first day in over a year

https://www.houstonchronicle.com › health › article › T...

But the article went on to say:

19 hours ago — The good news was dampened less than 20 hours later, when DSHS reported 23 new COVID deaths Monday — the highest Monday count in ...

So yes, Sunday was a great day (they probably didn't count the deaths that day). But Texas was back to business the next day with a big death count.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:45 PM

11,202 posts, read 8,246,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
For Biden not to get the ridiculously low goal of 100 million in 100 days, he would have had to SLOW THE PACE OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION considerably.
I don't discredit that Trump deserves credit for "not getting in the way" of developing the vax, but do you have stats to support your claim. I'm pretty sure that daily vax numbers were higher under Biden that Trump, which is the exact opposite of what you claim.

I will say that the best thing to do here is realize that BOTH of them had a hand in getting us to where we are today. Both had pros and cons. Why does it always have to be us vs them....?

Old 05-18-2021, 02:43 PM

20,408 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California had the best approach. San Francisco had the lowest case rate, the lowest death rate and the highest vaccination rate of any large city in the nation. Los Angeles had one really bad breakout but that's not surprising given the large number of non-English speaking population there, many of whom have essential jobs and couldn't work from home.

A lot of the deaths in Texas, Arizona and Florida last summer, before the vaccines came out, were preventable. They were too lax on masks and shutdowns.
other than being utterly wrong, you dont know a blessed thing about what Texas did last year.

as for as preventable deaths, neither Texas nor Florida sent freaking COVID positive patients to nursing homes. NOT ONCE. but NY did... and CA and PA and a few other states run by the thugs to my left.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:52 PM

21,400 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I don't discredit that Trump deserves credit for "not getting in the way" of developing the vax, but do you have stats to support your claim. I'm pretty sure that daily vax numbers were higher under Biden that Trump, which is the exact opposite of what you claim.

I will say that the best thing to do here is realize that BOTH of them had a hand in getting us to where we are today. Both had pros and cons. Why does it always have to be us vs them....?
Biden was handed the vaccines and a plan already in place. He absolutely would not have gotten those vaccines were he the president the whole time, and neither would Hillary Clinton. We would be like the EU or Canada, assuming the vaccines were even approved (which they wouldn’t be).

We all know it.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Oh darn! That graph shows deaths from COVID in Texas yesterday and today.

Also there is this:
Quote:
Around the rest of the country, California and Texas have had the most total deaths.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-2020-n1177936

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-18 190233.png
Views:	9
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	229411
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies