Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 08:46 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Oh WOW, how shocking...you finds a cop shooting NOT to be justified!!

I would have never expected this in a million years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"police going after people for 'drugs'? I cannot understand that"

Say all I need to know about YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, rstevens62 is a self-admitted former heroin user and has talked about his past struggles with drug use numerous times on C-D!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I didn't know this, but it makes his fascination with drug laws/illegality quite understandable now.
Yep & more yep.

Last edited by LLCNYC; 05-19-2021 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 08:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Nice Logic. Why don't we just eliminate all laws then?
Because, other laws are not 'lucrative' or beneficial to criminals in the way that drugs are.

Example, if murder was suddenly legalized...there is no way to benefit financially from that.

Old 05-19-2021, 08:58 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seems likely. He had already tried to run over at least one of the deputies. Do you also somehow think that a perp who shoots a gun at a cop once and misses won't do it again? How can you guarantee that?
Has this been established? Or was Brown just trying to flee the scene? Also I'd like to know if there is more video that hasn't been released. The video that has been shown on the news is shaky and to me is not clear that any cops were in danger of being run over. The one cop that appeared to come in contact with Brown's car happened while Brown appeared to be turning his car away from the cop.

Last edited by r small; 05-19-2021 at 09:13 AM..

Old 05-19-2021, 09:00 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Because, other laws are not 'lucrative' or beneficial to criminals in the way that drugs are.

Example, if murder was suddenly legalized...there is no way to benefit financially from that.
Being lucrative to criminals is not why we do or do not have laws.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Being lucrative to criminals is not why we do or do not have laws.
It IS why drug laws are in place today though.

You dont have to believe me, look it up yourself, the CIA, FBI, DEA have been in cahoots with the drug cartels for decades, the CIA has profited immensely in the 1980s and 90s from drug smuggling, heck, they have even made movies about it!

Same things going on today too.

Dont you find it kind of odd, in all these years, they havent been able to shut down or stop any of the drug cartels? LOL Gee, I wonder why?

Old 05-19-2021, 09:16 AM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Has this been established?
Yes, by the NC SBI. It's also clearly shown in the video clip.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It IS why drug laws are in place today though.

You dont have to believe me, look it up yourself, the CIA, FBI, DEA have been in cahoots with the drug cartels for decades, the CIA has profited immensely in the 1980s and 90s from drug smuggling, heck, they have even made movies about it!

Same things going on today too.

Dont you find it kind of odd, in all these years, they havent been able to shut down or stop any of the drug cartels? LOL Gee, I wonder why?
Oh good god. We haven't been able to completely eliminate ANY crime, nor does anyone with a brain think we'd be able to. That's not why the laws exist.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, by the NC SBI. It's also clearly shown in the video clip.
I did not see this on the video I watched. The only cop I saw that came in contact with Brown's car looked like his arm touched the right side of Brown's car while Brown was steering his car to the left apparently attempting to avoid hitting that cop.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I did not see this on the video I watched. The only cop I saw that came in contact with Brown's car looked like his arm touched the right side of Brown's car while Brown was steering his car to the left apparently attempting to avoid hitting that cop.
When you bolt the scene towards cops in a car and disobey their orders, you're going to get shot.

That's police 101.

Old 05-19-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
When you bolt the scene towards cops in a car and disobey their orders, you're going to get shot.

That's police 101.
No cops were in danger of being run over by Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies