Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 02:35 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

So happy Brown failed to kill the cops. Watched the tape; agree with decision of authorities in full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 02:40 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
I don't support killing someone who committed a threat, but the truth is I'm not sad about it. I'm not going to bat for people who think it's OK to resist arrest and then whine about the consequences, whether justified or unjustified. Should the officers get more training? Certainly, I am in favor of that. It doesn't change the fact that I am still unmoved by the actions on either side. Had productive members of society been taken out randomly, then ok, I'll be marching alongside ya.

And to your second point, the officers shot into the vehicle as it was being driven towards them and used as a weapon (in the judgement of the officers). It's clearly on the video. At no time were shots fired into the car as "his hands were on the wheel, the car was stopped" [your words].
I tend to be skeptical when cops use the "vehicle was moving towards the officer" pretext to open fire on a suspect in a car that appears to be fleeing the scene rather than trying to run down a cop. From all of the police shootings that I have followed over the years, starting with the shooting of Amadou Diallo in New York in 1999 (shot 41 times while reaching for his identification), the car as weapon justifications have been the most suspect. In the Brown case I'm not convinced Brown was attempting to run down any of the cops but was attempting to flee the scene. Now maybe that's justification enough. But that's another question. Anyway, for those of you who have an interest in police shootings here's one from my town.

US Park Police officers indicted in shooting of Bijan Ghaisar
https://www.foxnews.com/us/indictmen...-bijan-ghaisar

This case resulted in the indictment of two cops after several years of public outrage.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:12 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
In the Brown case I'm not convinced Brown was attempting to run down any of the cops but was attempting to flee the scene. Now maybe that's justification enough. But that's another question.
That's the thing, if Brown is willing to evade police as they are trying to arrest him, do you really thing he is going to slow down for a little, old, lady crossing the street, if he got a away; he would have probably slammed right into her, and let her body go flying into the air!

Old 05-19-2021, 03:16 PM

5,321 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
I tend to be skeptical when cops use the "vehicle was moving towards the officer" pretext to open fire on a suspect in a car that appears to be fleeing the scene rather than trying to run down a cop.
Your opinion is duly noted.

I guess he should have thought twice, huh?

Old 05-19-2021, 03:40 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, well, well...looks like the warrant was 'DRUG charges' yet again!!

For petes sake...this is 2021 folks, and we still have police going after people for 'drugs'? I cannot understand that! At least the Salem witch trials didnt last for too long, I dread to think how history will remember the drug war.

I wish someone at that press conference would have stood up and asked them why they have not been able to get this drug problem under control, for over 60yrs now! NO ONE asked how all these drugs reach their destination so consistently either, (that is something police need to answer).

I dont see how those cops can sleep at night, they basically killed someone over 'drugs'...do they truly think drugs are 'evil' or cause people to go on murderous rampages? (well I already know the answer, its YES, they do).

I watched the old Reefer Madness movie the other day, according to the 'federal narcotics office' at that time, Marijuana was MUCH more dangerous than Heroin, or Cocaine, (considering Marijuana was tame compared to today), its very interesting they thought it was so much more dangerous than stronger drugs.
Cops killed someone over “drugs”?

Don’t you mean he tried to run over cops with 2000 pounds of steel on wheels?

You would make a good CNN news reporter with your lies

Old 05-21-2021, 04:58 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, rstevens62 is a self-admitted former heroin user and has talked about his past struggles with drug use numerous times on C-D!

I will say, after watching all 4 of the police body cam videos, at least one of the officers was a pretty good shot, since they were able to hit him, through the car (probably through the back glass or side glass) in the back of the head while he drove off trying to run over the officers.
"at least one of the officers was a pretty good shot,"

Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good.

I had the opportunity to shoot with many counter police officers. Competent, yes. NONE were all that great.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:00 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
No 8 figure payout on gofundme for “funeral expenses.”

Glad to see that site has some standards.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:02 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
I tend to be skeptical when cops use the "vehicle was moving towards the officer" pretext to open fire on a suspect in a car that appears to be fleeing the scene rather than trying to run down a cop.
You means cops intentionally get close or near the path of a vehicle so they don’t have to engage in a high speed chase with taxpayer money and risk others getting killed?

How dare they! Every criminal has a right to a high speed police chase ending in the death and destruction of property.

Old 05-21-2021, 05:05 AM

Quote:
The DA himself admitted that one of the shots that hit Brown entered from the back of his head. Are you disputing the DA? And I've seen the video that was made public several times. And I didn't see any cop on it that was in danger of being run over. This was a bad shooting. Totally unnecessary.
"Are you disputing the DA?"

What I put in quotes, was said my SOMEONE ELSE.

If YOU can't comprehend what is written, I suggest a reading comprehension course!

Were you "educated" in a dem controlled public school?

Old 05-21-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Not all, just the dumb ones.

Start off with the fake "war against drugs". Make it legal and there's no reason to "peddle it on our streets".

Also reap some tax revenue from this industry and take away the power of the Mexican cartels.

Common sense, really.
"Not all, just the dumb ones." According to you, who has ZERO credibility with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies